Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Melvin sold NULA six months ago.

Thank you for clearing that up sir. Now back to what we were talking about.

GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
From my perspective, the fieldcraft was what the “production” nula should look like. Full stainless and roughly half the price. Obviously that isn’t what we will see; at least initially.

I struggle with the notion of a $4200 production gun without Melvin’s touch. But I wish the new owner the best with his endeavor; and will await reviews as they become available.

Agreed

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Kaleb
From my perspective, the fieldcraft was what the “production” nula should look like. Full stainless and roughly half the price. Obviously that isn’t what we will see; at least initially.

I struggle with the notion of a $4200 production gun without Melvin’s touch. But I wish the new owner the best with his endeavor; and will await reviews as they become available.

Agreed

Yep. Barrett is they only one who ever got it right on the "factory" level

$4200 seems spendy for what we hope might equal a fieldcraft

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Hmmm....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Hmmm....

Would you like to expand on that thought?

RS

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Dude270

Agreed

I agree with all of the above. I'm hopeful it will be a success for Mr. Wilson and his employees, but the things mentioned have to be considered.

With a NULA you could order exactly what you wished for in the rifle, a custom rifle...though Mr. Forbes might let you know his thoughts on it.

Of what I currently understand with Wilson, you're limited to choosing from the chamberings and barrel lengths that they list. Nothing wrong with that, but that's no longer a custom, it's a production rifle. I'm hopeful they'll turn out great rifles...the pattern is there...but I'm not sure how much demand there will be for a production rifle at custom prices.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by Dude270

Agreed

I agree with all of the above. I'm hopeful it will be a success for Mr. Wilson and his employees, but the things mentioned have to be considered.

With a NULA you could order exactly what you wished for in the rifle, a custom rifle...though Mr. Forbes might let you know his thoughts on it.

Of what I currently understand with Wilson, you're limited to choosing from the chamberings and barrel lengths that they list. Nothing wrong with that, but that's no longer a custom, it's a production rifle. I'm hopeful they'll turn out great rifles...the pattern is there...but I'm not sure how much demand there will be for a production rifle at custom prices.

Jay stated my feelings on the matter perfectly.

I could stomach $4200 when it was built specifically for me, with Melvin's touch. It seems excessive for a production gun, no matter how high the QC is. No offense to Mr. Wilson intended

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I actually prefer to have the chrome-moly action and stainless barrel rather than all stainless, except if regularly in very bad weather for extended periods. The most important feature I like with the Model 20 Short is the 2.5" magazine box which means I could seat out to 2.46". I also really like the stock with its cheekpiece and a good forearm grip. I'd pay the $4200 plus $50 for 13.5" LOP if they would do a 22" barrel chambered in 6.8 SPC II. At 6lbs including scope and mounts, holding 4 in the mag. it would make a magnificent 300 yard mountain rifle.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 12/02/22.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
SniffleKchunt,

Your Day Dreaming Delusions,are taking you to places that don't exist...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Punctuation don't aspook me and there is nobody better with Engleesh,than I. When I cite a particular,it's crystalline,not that I don't enjoy the HILARITY of your Drooling Fhuqking Retardation,copious WELL founded Insecuritires and never ending Hurt Feeler Reports,to correlate your perpetual "Victim" status. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your poor poor(literally) Emotional heart.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

You're just completely incapable of even opening your mouth without "muther-effing" and "Kchunt" ing the other guy aren't you? And you have no idea what an embarrasment you are to yourself either.

Tarquin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TurdQueen,

Your VERY Tender Feelers and schitload of Insecurities,just "happen" to make less than zero fhuqks to me,but your High Pitched Nasal Whine sure is fhuqking soothing...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart though,as I rather enjoy you Professional Victims and your Melting Snowflake Routines,which are assuredly NO "Act".

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I ordered my ultimate elk rifle from Mr. Forbes ten or so years ago: a NULA 28 in 7x61 Sharpe & Hart Magnum with a 26" #3 barrel. Even with added weight per Mr. Forbes suggestion, it balances perfectly, is accurate, and recoil isn't bad. Weight with Leupold 2.5x-8x scope is under seven pounds and eaily carried in the mountains. Shoots very well and on it's third barrel. It does fine on bull elk with either Partition or Barnes bullets. Great rifle...

Last edited by lotech; 12/03/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would like to handle a NULA stock. I was excited about the Fieldcrafts and even made a trip to Whittakers to pick one (or 2) up. Could not get along with the stock on those at all. Hard for me to get past Montanas.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
if you didnt like the fieldcraft stock you wont like a nula

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think Melvin Forbes found the right buyer.

I am very much looking forward to the first rifles hitting the street, especially around here. Bill Wilson knows what he's doing ...

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by lotech
I ordered my ultimate elk rifle from Mr. Forbes ten or so years ago: a NULA 28 in 7x61 Sharpe & Hart Magnum with a 26" #3 barrel. Even with added weight per Mr. Forbes suggestion, it balances perfectly, is accurate, and recoil isn't bad. Weight with Leupold 2.5x-8x scope is under seven pounds and eaily carried in the mountains. Shoots very well and on it's third barrel. It does fine on bull elk with either Partition or Barnes bullets. Great rifle...

10 years and 3 barrels is a heck of a accomplishment especially on a hunting rifle. Congratulations on all the shooting.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by lotech

10 years and 3 barrels is a heck of a accomplishment especially on a hunting rifle. Congratulations on all the shooting.

I got carried away with load development. I tried twelve bullets and about five or six powders and shot lots of groups, a few at 300 and 400 yards. At about a thousand rounds on the first two barrels, accuracy deteriorated significantly. I'm pretty well through with load development. This third barrel has no more than about 350 rounds on it since NULA installed it almost three years ago.

My first NULA, a Model 20 in .308 that I bought twelve or more years ago, also has had many round throught it, but it still has the original barrel and continues to be capable of very small groups.

Last edited by lotech; 12/03/22.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Is Wilson not turning rifles out yet?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by BigGrz
Is Wilson not turning rifles out yet?

I haven't seen any or heard of any reports...and I've been looking/listening.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Today I checked on the 16 incher I ordered last year. Was told it is taking longer than expected as they want their people to know each step of Melvin's process exactly as he did it.

Current ship date is September.

Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

680 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 3,073 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,710
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.