Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
And out of nowhere, a pack of Sow hogs descend upon that guy.

🦫

Like a screen door in a hurricane, especially the first one on scene smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
You can be 100% in the right, but you don't step up to a stranger pumping your chest out and getting up into their face. You especially don't instigate contact for no good reason. This is survival 101. This might have saved the idiots life in some future altercation.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I am not carrying any water for the jerk who got punched. He deserved to get punched.

But when you look at the possible ramifications today, maybe the puncher guy should have done something else. Possible massive civil lawsuit, etc. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should do it.

I saw Adam Cartwright get in to a dozen fistfights on Bonanza. I saw Adam knock out a half dozen bad guys. But, Adam never killed anyone in a fistfight, and there was no civil court in Virginia City in 1866.

Times have changed.

This ain't the Ponderosa, and you ain't Adam Cartwright.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I think the guy could be in big trouble. He was in no danger sitting in a locked truck. He left his truck and then dropped the guy. Up until then the other guy was the aggressor. The vast majority would have driven away. Why would anybody want to engage this idiot? It just isn't worth it.
This is not going to play out very well in front of a jury.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
The key word here is “ corners”. The guy that threw the punch did not appear to be “cornered”.
Let’s see he’s between the door and cab I’m calling it cornered

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Most fellers don't pack that much inside a short left hook....I'm guessing that ain't the first jaw he's tickled.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by smarquez
I think the guy could be in big trouble. He was in no danger sitting in a locked truck. He left his truck and then dropped the guy. Up until then the other guy was the aggressor. The vast majority would have driven away. Why would anybody want to engage this idiot? It just isn't worth it.

Another coward, why not talk to the guy? So what if he was pissed or maybe the slugger felt like he should apologize for his driving? Stay in California we don't need you.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Nestucca
The key word here is “ corners”. The guy that threw the punch did not appear to be “cornered”.
Let’s see he’s between the door and cab I’m calling it cornered
What does that have to do with the issue?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Originally Posted by rickt300
The guy throwing the punch should thank his lucky stars that fall didn't kill or permanently incapacitate the punchee. He may not have been charged, but he's still subject to a lot of hassle, legal fees and a probable civil suit. I don't know if a jury would see that film like the manly brutes here on the fire. Does smacking a cellphone out of a man's hand justify being killed? And nobody knows what led up to this altercation.

So you have hid under chairs all your life, never been in a fight? Do you have any skills whatsoever?

I would have just put a round in his skull and went on my way.

Still that seems cowardly and far more likely to draw legal action.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by ringworm
Most fellers don't pack that much inside a short left hook....I'm guessing that ain't the first jaw he's tickled.

Perfect transfer of energy in a compact strike.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The guy throwing the punch should thank his lucky stars that fall didn't kill or permanently incapacitate the punchee. He may not have been charged, but he's still subject to a lot of hassle, legal fees and a probable civil suit. I don't know if a jury would see that film like the manly brutes here on the fire. Does smacking a cellphone out of a man's hand justify being killed? And nobody knows what led up to this altercation.

So you have hid under chairs all your life, never been in a fight? Do you have any skills whatsoever?

Texans are sooooo fuggin funny!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by losttrail60

Texans are sooooo fuggin funny!

No it is the cowardly leftist scum that are funny.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guess his man bun wasn't puffed enough to prevent that jolt of asphalt.

I score the whole thing 10/10...don't come up to a stranger using your slapping, timeout technique...there's a real world out there outside of the soccer mom protection that has consequences for your actions.

Last edited by LeakyWaders; 12/03/22.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by smarquez

Another coward, why not talk to the guy? So what if he was pissed or maybe the slugger felt like he should apologize for his driving? Stay in California we don't need you.
Because I have too much to lose over an idiot like that. Why bother? What do you expect to accomplish by talking to him? You sound like you are just spoiling for a fight. What if they guy had just got his door open and then takes a knife to the gut? Or the guy is a real bad ass and beats him to the punch? You must be really feared in your little town, driving around spoiling for a fight.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
Did that seizure guy have on skinny jeans? Or Yoga pants?

Ron

Pretty sure they were Rick Hudson designer jeans
Knee pads and zipper in the back 😀

Reading most of the posts
Been there and done that
When the MFer is on the ground twitching and white as a ghost
Reality comes to mind but I even handled that wrong and snatched the MFer by the shirt
The jerk brought him to
And I was over him yelling
You better not die on me muther fugger !
Luckily for me the only wittness was impartial as he knew the MFer and a discussion about consequences stopped any legal action .
But the reality of it did hit home after the jets cooled
If he had died , it would have gotten ugly for me .
But when someone pushes your buttons to the point of the snap
At that moment the snap is all that matters

On the other hand
A guy I know real well went through the legal B.S.
No one was killed but some serious charges with injuries
Legal fees to walk away a free man left him with the shirt on his back and a vehicle
That was a lesson hard learned about settling things in a heated moment in public
Wait
Kenneth

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kenneth66

Ron

Was Rick actually Rock Hudson's illegitimate step brother?

laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Kenneth66

Ron

Was Rick actually Rock Hudson's illegitimate step brother?

laugh

LOL !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The truth in all of the analysis is that anyone that has ever been in a fight, knows that the guy that punched the loser, was justified. Anyone claiming the need to avoid the situation, isn’t the guy that understands what real men do or don’t do.

That is the difference between the men that built America and the others that benefited from what the industrious men accomplished.

I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted and I won’t be laid a hand on. I don’t do these things to other people and I require the same from them. John Bernard Books

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by shrapnel
The truth in all of the analysis is that anyone that has ever been in a fight, knows that the guy that punched the loser, was justified. Anyone claiming the need to avoid the situation, isn’t the guy that understands what real men do or don’t do.

That is the difference between the men that built America and the others that benefited from what the industrious men accomplished.

I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted and I won’t be laid a hand on. I don’t do these things to other people and I require the same from them. John Bernard Books
Well said.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Morewood
Dang, that wicked fast short left hook.

Not that old boy's first rodeo.

Most importantly he punched through the target, continuing to apply force after initial contact. It was a damn good 'un.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,096
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.