Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I receive American Rifleman every month because I've been a Life Member for about 30 years. They go from the mailbox to the front seat of my pickup, ride into the garage with me, then go straight into the trash can. Except the ones with the ballots...I bring those in and handwrite my feelings toward the BoD and Skunkpierre on the ballots and mail them in.

Until the bylaws are changed so the BoD does not control the Nominating Committee, I am OUT and they'll never see another nickel of mine.

When I feel like contributing to the righteous cause, GOA gets my money.

Basically the same here (NRA Life Member since 1990), but became a LM of the Second Amendment Foundation instead of GOA. They are both good, but SAF spends their money fighting laws that violate the 2nd.

ditto.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
That particular point made by the NRA is gratuitous at best. If the purpose of your having/using the firearm in a situation is self-defense (and is that not the core of the 2nd amendment?), you are entitled to the best defense you can manage.

Yes, this glut of greedy lawyers has heavily influenced the minute slicing/dicing of equipment used in such situations - purely trying to grab $$ from those who had to defend themselves against a criminal - which misuse of the law is sick and deplorable.

I would be immensely more interested in effectively protecting my loved ones and myself than I would be concerned about a sleazy lawyer trying to profit from my doing something basically sound and correct.

That ammo has been in the gun for a long time - I don't even know specifically what it is or who made it - so neither do you.
Exactly. I mean, how the heck could the Po-leece even tell whether the ammo was factory or reloaded?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek
Retired LEO here. Most people do not realize that the attorneys don't take an oath to tell the truth during a trial. All they have to do is implant a suggestion that sticks with one of the jurors bias. So they can say anything, get it objected to, but the damage is done. If you should ever have the misfortune of being involved in a shooting, if your not charged criminally, you almost certainly will be sued. Either one is life-changing and expensive. I've been retired 13 years, and a jury trial back in my day with a decent attorney defending you in a homicide was 500K in SE Virginia. I still CC and my ammo is what I carried when it was issued to me, 9mm Golddot, 124 grain +P.
Not in Tennessee. If you are not convicted of a crime, you can not be sued in a civil case in a self defence situation.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Cowboy21
I was a member for 35 years. Wayne Lapierre, in my opinion, is a typical corporate crook. I'll wait to sign up again. Bastards call me every week.

Same... Wayne LaPierre is a total crook, POS, and should be ousted by the BOD of the NRA but they lack the balls.

Bye bye NRA! I'll come back when WLP is gone.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Fug those commie oxygen thieves.

When Wayne is gone and there is a profound apology and drastic change in behavior, we can talk about membership again.

This. Until then, fuggem.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Lee_Woiteshek
Retired LEO here. Most people do not realize that the attorneys don't take an oath to tell the truth during a trial. All they have to do is implant a suggestion that sticks with one of the jurors bias. So they can say anything, get it objected to, but the damage is done. If you should ever have the misfortune of being involved in a shooting, if your not charged criminally, you almost certainly will be sued. Either one is life-changing and expensive. I've been retired 13 years, and a jury trial back in my day with a decent attorney defending you in a homicide was 500K in SE Virginia. I still CC and my ammo is what I carried when it was issued to me, 9mm Golddot, 124 grain +P.
And by the way, LEOS don't take an oath to tell the truth either, too many cases of investigators and interrogators lying to suspects to get them to admit something, it is rampant.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Masshunter
And we wonder why the enemy gets stronger. Divide and conquer. I agree with some of what I read here, but keep it to myself. Support who you want, I give to several, but attacking any pro gun group, or pro gun writer just plays into the hands of those who hate us.

I'm not so sure I regard NRA as being a "pro gun group" anymore when I consider the stupid things they've done in the past (not to mention the more recent escapades that have come to light)...things like supporting Harry Reid, for instance, back in the 90s. The NRA is being run to benefit those who draw an NRA paycheck, and they've degenerated to the point that they operate like---and blend in quite well with the DC Swamp. We do ourselves a supreme disservice by keeping quiet and allowing this to continue without objection. With friends like that who needs enemies?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
683 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 83 invisible), 2,774 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,904
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.