When in doubt...blame Californians..👌

That made me laugh 😂.

BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Hell I have been wanting to go back and hunt Blacktails in the Mendocino. Maybe I will do that this year.

It’s all good as long as you’re outdoors…

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by Salmonella

That made me laugh 😂.

Californians did bring a child drag queen strip show to N Idaho last June.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Washington had a similar disaster when they moved to online drawing. I remember it well, it was the ONLY year in my life that I drew a bull tag.....and they took it away.

Bull tag gone. I did somehow end up with a west side extra cow tag with my east side license. I asked wtf? They said the points are spent so I can hunt it or watch them burn.

I took 3 Washington elk that year.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I realize La. doesn't have the variety of big game some of western states have.... but this having to enter a contest, to draw a tag, to see if you get to go hunting is BS.

It's nice to live in a state where you can buy your license OTC and are allowed to kill 6 deer per year. No hassle, no being told what part of the state you have to hunt in, no having to wonder if you even get to hunt this year or next year. Just buy the license and if you dont have private land or a lease to hunt on, go to one of the WMA's.

I guess we're called 'Sportsman Paradise' for a reason.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Must have been one of my hunting buddies...🤣

Proud NRA Life Member
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by Salmonella

That made me laugh 😂.

Californians did bring a child drag queen strip show to N Idaho last June.

Seriously??? 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldman03
I realize La. doesn't have the variety of big game some of western states have.... but this having to enter a contest, to draw a tag, to see if you get to go hunting is BS.

It's nice to live in a state where you can buy your license OTC and are allowed to kill 6 deer per year. No hassle, no being told what part of the state you have to hunt in, no having to wonder if you even get to hunt this year or next year. Just buy the license and if you dont have private land or a lease to hunt on, go to one of the WMA's.

I guess we're called 'Sportsman Paradise' for a reason.
The problem that this thread addresses is all of the NON-RESIDENTS who want to come here to hunt. If the regs were like LA, we'd be overrun by out of state hunters and the deer and elk would be decimated in 1 or 2 seasons. Then there's the landscape. Idaho has about 55k square miles of public land, most of which is open for hunting. That's more public land than LA has total. However, much of that can't support many animals. It's too dry, steep, and rocky to grow the vegetation necessary for a bazillion deer.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here's an article from our local paper describing the fiasco. They don't have a link so I posted a couple photos of the article. They explain that in past years, tag sales went smoothly over time. Last year, they suddenly got bombed with huge numbers of applicants and it got a lot worse this year. They had 67k applicants all hitting the site at the same time. The numbers were unprecedented and the system couldn't handle it.
Read the part about hunters flying in from all over the country to try to buy tags in person. Idaho has been discovered.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
688 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 73 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 1,437 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.