Proud NRA Life Member
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Where at?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If legal, Yes. There is no biological difference between and albino and normal colored deer. The albinism is just a recessive gene.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never had the opportunity, but it’s supposedly 7 years of bad luck. I ain’t taking any chances!
I’ve seen 4 honest to God albinos in my lifetime of hunting deer here in Pennsylvania.
Saw an albino doe with 2 albino fawns when I was maybe 8 or 9. The Old Man took us riding around on the mountain in September, and we ran across them.
It was in the paper that someone killed one of them in archery season. From the picture, it looked like some fellow had snagged one of the younguns.
After I got outta the service, I’m guessing ‘91 or ‘92, there was an albino spike in the State Game Lands in Lincoln township. That’s the foot of the mountain below where we saw the others years ago.
Carol and I rode up there one evening, and he was just off the road. I shut the truck off, and we watched him for 15 minutes or so. Solid white, with pink eyes, hooves and the spikes. Unfortunately, we didn’t have a camera.
This was in August, and IIRC, somebody found him dead up there in Buck Season in December.
I’ve saw few piebalds, probably 5 or 6. One had the white from her belly 3/4s of the way up her sides. That was in the October ML season. I’m guessing around ‘10 or ‘11. Don’t know what became of them.
I’m pretty superstitious about hunting. The Old Man told me when I was just starting out “ deer hunting is 90% luck, and 5% being in the right place at the right time “. That means that Scouting and preparation comes to 5%.
In 48 + years of hunting, I really can’t say that I’ve seen anything that’s proven that theory wrong! Like Richard Petty said, “ I’d rather be lucky than good”!
Penny swerves she saw a Melanistic deer behind the house a couple years ago. Totally black, no white at all. IIRC, that’s even more rare than an albino. I didn’t get to see it, and never heard of anybody killing it, so who knows?
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If it was a nice buck hell yeah. If I was meat hunting does I’d prob let it walk on by, lots of other brown deer to pop. The white ones are surely pretty. Never seen one personally.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I doubt I would shoot him. Especially if I could get a picture of him.

I passed on a piebald, 6 point buck years ago. I had my 44 Mag Ruger with me but I wasn't sure I could make a clean shot of it. About 10 years later my nephew got this picture of a fawn on the property, so I'm thinking that his genes are still around.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Harry
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mathsr

I passed on a piebald, 6 point buck years ago. I had my 44 Mag Ruger with me but I wasn't sure I could make a clean shot of it. About 10 years later my nephew got this picture of a fawn on the property, so I'm thinking that his genes are still around.

Very neat pic.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Very cool!

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. There is a “appaloosa” running around the forest near the cabin, she’s a beauty, haven’t seen her last year but we seen a yearling this year that looked just like her. That fawn your nephew got the photo of is beautiful. What a cutie. Probably should be culled from the heard.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Anything white is guilty these days and must be dealt with accordingly. Unless it's a Democrat then they skate too.

Bb

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
If legal, yes. I don't put much stock in other peoples superstitions, just my own. smile

We had one or two white (not albino I think) moosein the local area a few years ago. Several decades back I saw a young bull moose with a white leg up the Little Chena Rver out of Fairbanks.

The day after season....

Last edited by las; 12/02/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Anything white is guilty these days and must be dealt with accordingly. Unless it's a Democrat then they skate too.

Bb
I like your style. Would you let it walk? Me, I personally would, I stopped hunting/killing a few years back, but that doesn’t mean I don’t know what’s good for the herd.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
" do you shoot an albino deer?" . . . .

Oh heavens no ! ! !
The only way I'd even remotely consider
shooting a white colored deer is if I were
absolutely positively sure that it had 2
hindquarters, 2 back straps, 2 shoulders,
and a neck roast. Then and only then
would I consider pulling the trigger.
Otherwise HARD pass

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yes ,because I can

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty sure we've had this discussion before.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've never saved a deer hide but I'd make something from a white one.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Probably not. I might, but never just because it's an albino.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MarkWV

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. There is a “appaloosa” running around the forest near the cabin, she’s a beauty, haven’t seen her last year but we seen a yearling this year that looked just like her. That fawn your nephew got the photo of is beautiful. What a cutie. Probably should be culled from the heard.

It was...a year and a half later it was killed by a car about a mile and a half from where the picture was taken.

Harry
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Shot more than a few albino mt. goat back in the day & a bunch of melanated bear

would certainly shoot an albino deer, moose & hell.. even an albino dall sheep

edible meat .. duh !

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Now that I’m older and have hunted my entire life I ONLY shoot albino animals. Deer, elk, moose, bear, caribou, musk ox, antelope, etc have to be albinos or at least piebald before I’ll shoot anything anymore. It makes Africa a real challenge especially lion but the more you hunt albinos you begin to think like albinos and that’s when the success happens. 😉

Once you figure out albino behavior it’s possible to see herds of albinos of all species of albinos coexisting peacefully, sometimes they’re guarded by a unicorn but they’re getting more rare.

I think maser and LarryRoot started a guide service for albino and piebald trophy hunts. They also offer albino short tailed weasel (ermine) hunting in the winter with excellent success.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (2500HD, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 40 invisible), 2,670 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,291
Posts18,467,947
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.