Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I don't remember. It could've been a Falstaff or a Black Label. I was pretty young at the time.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
BP-B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Burger. A Cincinnati brand.

Age, me, about 12. The beer? who knows. But found it along side the road. It did not taste good, might not now if they still made it.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My buddy and I were 12 when we found a few bottles Miller Genuine Draft in a plastic bag at the lake. They were really warm from sitting in the sun. After that, I didn’t have another one til I was 18.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As I recall, Ballantine most likely. About 5 years old.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My German Grandpa used to watch me when I was an infant. He put beer in the baby bottle. Had some good naps, so I'm told.

God Bless America
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
12yo. Mowing lawn with mom in 90+ heat. She popped inside and came out with a Stroh's and glass of lemonade. She took first sip of Stroh's and asked if I'd like to try it. Before she knew it, bottle was inverted and dry. Fell in love with beer that moment. And loved my mom all the more for sharing my first beer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by NVhntr
[quote=jaguartx]eer?4 point. 3 in mag 12 GA 4s hauling ass by me at 15 yards. 13 yrs old hunting alone in Piney Creek bottom. I didn't move as it came barreling to me with hounds a half mile behind.

I waited until it jumped to clear the white sand branch whose bank my butt rested on. After it jumped I swung my Monkey Ward grass mowing earned $87 pump Mossberg shotgun and fired hitting it in the left chest and feet pulled up to its body and pumped the forearm and fired again with the buck still in the air hitting it in the loins.

It fell to the forest duff with its left foot caught between the huge 9 inch long 2x2 rack.

GOD was still alive then and I was in Heaven.

LOL, too much beer for reading comprehension?

Originally Posted by jaguartx
Tff. Only a dumbass like you would think I didn't know he said beer instead of deer. Sheesh. Fughking retard.

LOL, nice try Jag. I’m not buying it.

P.S. Your ignore broken?

P.P.S. You still keeping in touch with your buddy Happy Camper?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hams beer I took out my bosses fridge at 11 years old

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Budweiser

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
11 or 12 I think it was Strohs. From one beer lover to another Strohs….. Never really grew to enjoy beer for some unknown reason.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by hanco
Budweiser

mine as well

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Was simply wrong & little over 50 years ago. I would have been about 6 years ago at a neighborhood keger at our home. Problem was I was 6 years old or so at the time. Their was generally no control over how much I was able to have exercised. Seems I really liked the beer at the start of the day. Don't remember the rest. I was told I spent a good share of the night on the big phone with God. Ralph was the subject.

Rather seldom have I cared for a beer since. My initial reaction to being offered a beer a few days later is I wanted it till having a tasted it. Yuk, did not care for the taste for a long time afterwards decades.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
When I was a kid in Colorado the only beer we could get was 3.2 Coors, never liked the taste of beer, couldn't see the point in piss'in my money away never been a drinker. Rio7

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
“Beer face” was a thing among young teenagers.

Discipline l was lax at my cousin’s house so me and my brother spent much time there. My cousin’s older brother was 18 and could buy alcohol.

Boone’s Farm Strawberry Hill was the “gateway alcohol”, I was prob’ly 14.

Everybody knew real men drank beer so shortly thereafter I/we transitioned to Schaefer, the mildest flavor and least likely to cause “beer face”.

Budweiser was indeed the “King of Beers” but it was also more expensive, IIRC Carling Black Label was cheaper and more usual (the scale of our economy back then cracks me up today grin ).

My brother and cousin are both a year or two older so I was introduced to hard liquor quite early, Wild Turkey and Jim Beam were the usual. It fascinated me that you could pour a little of either on the street and put a cigarette lighter to it and it would burn.

Drinking until we passed out was usual, prob’ly about every other weekend. Senior year of high school, New Years at my brother’s apartment, grain alcohol I was passed out by 8pm grin

Watch “Dazed and Confused” to see how much high school kids ordinarily drank back then.

My brother and cousin became full blown alcoholics, I never even started to have that craving, which leads me to believe there’s a big genetic component involved with respect to alcoholism.

Both ended up in AA, nowadays both my brother (rehab counselor) and cousin (Teamster) make more retired than I do working.

I shoulda drank harder when I was a kid 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pabst Blue Ribbon that my Dad left in the garage. Tasted like Shat to a 11 or 12 year old kid. I’ve since learned to like the taste of beer.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Family reunion in Tabor, SD. Czech family and beer is usually the main course at our gatherings. I was about 5 or 6 and my cousins were 8 or 9. They were serving beer to all from the keg and I was a member of the "all". The brand was probably Old Milwaukee or some other cheap swill. No idea how many I had, but my parents to this day can recount the exact locations and number of times I puked that night.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First I recall was at about age 15. There were several of us and we only had about 3 cans of beer so we passed them around. But according to my dad I got drunk at a picnic when I was 3 or 4. There were glasses of draft beer with an inch or so in the bottom of them sitting on the picnic tables unattended while the adults were off playing & watching a softball game. I was going around draining what was left in each one. Dad came back to the tables and caught me in the act and said by that time I was staggering.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tivoli,Bock, I was keeping Grampa up.
The brewery and the Grampa both long gone.

.... like tears in the rain
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by gunzo
Burger. A Cincinnati brand.
Age, me, about 12. The beer? who knows. But found it along side the road. It did not taste good, might not now if they still made it.

Same. Burger about 14 or 15. Buddy was old enough to walk into "Margie's" (local dive) and at least LOOK like he was old enough to buy an 8 pack of the short brown bottles of Burger. He bought a 1968 Olds Delmont convertible. 455 V8 with a two barrel carb. We would put a case of beer under the convertible top, and drive around all night in December, January and February with the top down to keep the beer cold.

A group of 15, 16, 17 year old boys driving around in the middle of winter, in a land yacht, with the convertible top down. Nothing suspicious there. Still, we survived...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Probably 4 or 5 years old at the neighborhood barbeques. There were always grownups willing to share their PBR, so I would go around bumming from my father and uncles. It was cold and tasted good. After I got grown one of the relatives reminisced about the time I picked up someone's full can and drank it and had to be taken home because I was staggering around. We were Methodists and some of the neighbors were Catholic so drinking was tolerated.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
419 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 280shooter, 1_deuce, 55 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,578
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.