Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by WildWest
Source on Internet for used billboard tarps.
Thanks. I never heard of such a thing until you mentioned it.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Yeah, If you like cleaning mud off the floor or taking your boots off outside. It's only muddy in the tent till you burn the stove a while. I'll take a little carpet scrap next to my cot, over a floor anytime. I go to hunt, not housekeep......
That's why we bring kids...lol

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Have had a couple of Davis tents, If I needed another that is what I would get

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I scrounge lumber wraps from some local lumber yards for temporary flooring. No housekeeping needed, just roll them up and stuff them in the trash bin.

In addition, I use them to cover firewood in certain instances.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like having a carpet on the floor of the tent. Makes it nice to put your feet down in the morning or in the middle of the night when you have to get up to pee or stoke the stove. Also makes for a nice floor under the cots to put our bags and other belongings. We have a heavy commercial carpet we use for the floor over a tarp for a moisture barrier and it isn't hard at all to keep clean , within reason. Muddy boots need to stay outside or be cleaned off before entering but we seldom hunt in heavy mud- usually dry for deer season and snow for elk season...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
generators and vacuum cleaners can also enhance the hunting experience.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Oh crap... whiskey came out my nose reading this... obviously Don gets it.... smile smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Meow

Meow

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tzone
Does anyone use the traditional poles anymore instead of the interior frame? My Davis came with the traditional pole set up

Davis sells lodgepoles?......

I'm going with what they call it. Poles on the outside of the tent, with a ridge pole at the top (obviously)

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does anyone use the traditional poles anymore instead of the interior frame? My Davis came with the traditional pole set up

For sure on horse pack trips into timbered wilderness.

1Minute
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While not a wall tent, anybody like the Kodiak or Spring Bar canvas tents?

Buddy has a 10x14 Kodiak that I’ve hunted out of a few times. Super easy set up. Seems a stove jack could be sewn in easily enough. Wouldn’t take much to heat it. He ran a buddy heater and it would get plenty warm pretty quick.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Buddy has a 10x14 Kodiak that I’ve hunted out of a few times. Super easy set up. Seems a stove jack could be sewn in easily enough. Wouldn’t take much to heat it. He ran a buddy heater and it would get plenty warm pretty quick.

I have 2 - a 10x14 and 10x10. I've been using them for about 5-6 years. The sizes are a bit misleading. I would not try to sleep more than 3 people in the 10x14, 2 is better. They are a very solid tent. Easy up and down, quick to heat, weatherproof and sturdy. They have replaced my circus tent in 99% of the setups I do.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

I’m looking hard at one of the Kodiak cabin tents. We’re gonna replace our old 9x12 tent for family camping. I’m a little put off by the weight but the good ventilation looks really nice. I insist on a straight ridge line as I often fly an oversized tarp above the tent if rain is likely. Kodiak’s wood stove option is nice but not essential for us and does add a bunch of guy out lines.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I borrowed one for a week in MT once. Kinda wish I would have went that direction instead of a wall tent. Likely get one for solo trips. I didn't use a woodstove, but a propane lantern easily kept the tent warm enough on the Hi Line.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bwinters

I have 2 - a 10x14 and 10x10. I've been using them for about 5-6 years. The sizes are a bit misleading. I would not try to sleep more than 3 people in the 10x14, 2 is better. They are a very solid tent. Easy up and down, quick to heat, weatherproof and sturdy. They have replaced my circus tent in 99% of the setups I do.

I found the 10x14 spacious for 2. Figure it’d do well for my family of 4, or just me and the 2 boys. Space does get eaten up quickly though with cots and gear.

I hunt with a group that does the wall tent thing. Haul it up the mountain on a small utility trailer, takes a while to unpack it, set up frame hoist, etc….Especially in crap weather.
The Kodiak was so quick and easy in comparison.

Once it’s up though, hard to argue the room and comfort of a wall tent.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Hard to beat a good canvas wall tent for warmth and comfort in weather like this.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by saddlesore; 12/03/22.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
thanks for all the feedback. I picked up a used Montana Canvas 14x17 last week.

I'm looking for a couple more if anyone knows of one for sale used.

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Don't forget the trash can with motion-sensor lid (no power needed).

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Another Davis vote...with traditional poles (or lodge poles in the wilderness). I have had my 14X16 for 21 years.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Montana Canvas is the company you need to call. They have exactly what your looking for. Two 12x14 tents would work for 8 hunters and maybe a 8x10 for cooking? They have stoves too.

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go

Oscar Wilde~~
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
669 members (12344mag, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 76 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,614
Posts18,398,421
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.