Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
The system is flawed but until the 12 team playoff we hafta live with it.

IMO, Utah would beat OSU. We also have to wait until this plays out today. It seems a team can get f'ed for playing in their conference championship!

"an armed society is a polite society"
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buckeyes in

Only loss was to Michigan

Need TCU to lose so Alabama gets in

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ute's are tough. They did lose to the Buckeyes in the Rosebowl earlier this year but it was a good game. Buckeyes won 48-45. Neither team played defense. There were 6 touchdowns scored in three minutes. Would like to see more games like that. Maybe the Ute's will play Penn State this year. I'll definitely watch them play again.

OSU 48- UTAH 45

God Bless America
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
My prediction, but all depends on what happens with K State and Purdue, anything can happen!

Georgia vs OSU
Michigan vs TCU, IMO, a real toss up

Georgia vs ?

"an armed society is a polite society"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Buckeyes in

Only loss was to Michigan

Need TCU to lose so Alabama gets in

Phugg Alabama

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
OSU is the worst coached team in the top 10 . They will be destroyed if they face UGA

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It will really get interesting if TCU loses. TCU has done what it takes to win this year, but it hasn't always been pretty. They are beatable, but they are also fighters. I don't see either UGA or Michigan losing. If either of those lose, I believe they stay in the top 4.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TreeMutt

IMO, Utah would beat OSU. We also have to wait until this plays out today. It seems a team can get f'ed for playing in their conference championship!

The 12 team playoff is ridiculous. What team that would fall into the bottom 6 of the top 12 could beat UGA or Michigan?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

The 12 team playoff is ridiculous. What team that would fall into the bottom 6 of the top 12 could beat UGA or Michigan?

Any of them on any given day. The "best" team doesn't always win the game.

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I’m just glad USC lost.
Too bad ducks aren’t or weren’t more consistent and gave away last couple games.
Also, anytime bama is not in the picture, it is a good day

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
12 is way too many

Maybe 6

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Why not just use the same playoff format as d1aa (or fcs, whatever they call it now)?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We'll be hearing the same arguments when there are 12 teams. One or two teams will always be on that bubble of getting in, fully believing they have a legitimate shot at the title. I'd personally rather see a broader field of teams (12 seems fine) and some more meaningful bowl/playoff games being played. I'm tired of the relatively meaningless "Pepto Bismol Pink Bowl"-esque games.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The chance of a #12 team beating Georgia or Michigan the year would be close to zero. 12 team playoff is too many, eight would be better.

.280 AI Fan

"I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts" Will Rogers

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" Unknown

Trump 2024!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Anybody but OSU. They are the most overrated team in the country year after year. If they get in the playoff they will just sschitt the bed like they did against Michigan and any other real contender. It's what they do.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Anybody but OSU. They are the most overrated team in the country year after year. If they get in the playoff they will just sschitt the bed like they did against Michigan and any other real contender. It's what they do.

I would agree with you, if Notre Dame didn't have a football program. No one gets propped up like ND, in my opinion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE

Thank you for making my point. Let's bring 3X the number of teams into the playoffs to give them a chance at their "any given day."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

They lost one game this year. They beat every other team they played by double digits. Many of those teams, good ones.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Thank you for making my point. Let's bring 3X the number of teams into the playoffs to give them a chance at their "any given day."

Why have a season at all? Just take the rankings before each season and crown a champ. Easy.

I understand that you can't reasonably compare basketball playoffs with football, but Cinderella stories are a big part of what makes March Madness special. What is the downside of having a larger playoff pool in college football? I concede a larger risk of injury if you increase the number of games that winning teams must play in an expanded playoff bracket, but the overall season format could be tweaked. Otherwise, it seems like a good thing for college teams, fans and revenue.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I would agree with you, if Notre Dame didn't have a football program. No one gets propped up like ND, in my opinion.

No, you're right. ND is even more overrated and overhyped, but they've been irrelevant for so long that I kind of ignored that fact, lol.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, Algotguns, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,463 guests, and 781 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,570
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.