Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
johna1 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
They have some data on the product page but only with cheddite hulls.

I have mostly remington and federal hulls that I can use. I could barnstorm my own data for them starting low and working my way up, but was curious if anyone else has used them yet? I generally like to load around 1300 fps for my hunting loads. 1-1/8 oz usually, but I'm not married to it.

I will be making my own slits like the flitecontrol wad to try to get some better range with them. That was my whole purpose for getting a pack to try out.

I have several powders that I can use. Longshot is usually one of my first grabs though and I have several pounds of it. I have some clays. Blue dot, etc. Lots of pistol/shotgun powders. BE86. #9. Enforcer. Titegroup. Unsure really what will work with this wad since I've mainly only used Rem wads and recently got some of the SG16 wads.

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/BP1680-Striker-16ga-non-toxic-wad-250_bag/productinfo/222BP1680/

Ballistic Products wads made in the USA by Claybuster

The BP1680 Striker is manufactured with our toughest TPS molding resin. It is the toughest and sturdiest 16ga wad on the planet.  It is designed with Multi-Metal capabilities to accommodate heavy payloads in 16 gauge field loads. Our ballistic lab is producing all-new load data for the BP1680 that will include lead, steel, bismuth, BPX-12, SpheroTungsten 15.0, and SpheroTungsten 18.0. (Load data for the original PT1680 wad do not apply to the BP1680 Striker).

Slitting: The BP1680 is an unslit shotcup. The handloader MUST slit this wad before loading. Three to four slits of a minimum depth of 80% of the total length of the wad are required. Failure to slit the wad will produce a potentially dangerous slug-type projectile. (A preslit version is coming soon.)

View loading data here

*Dimensions:

Overall Length = 1.625"
Shotcup Depth = 1.413"
Gas Seal Diam = 0.670"
Gas Seal Depth = 0.085"
Wall thickness = .061" (max)
Cushion Height = NA
Weight = 37.0 grains

Features:

Maximum-capacity 16ga field wad.
Varied load payloads and shot types.
Unslit for custom slitting.

Curmudgeon's Loading Tips:

TYPE: 1-3/8 oz lead shot max, 7/8 oz steel shot max. Other Multi-Metal loads include bismuth and other tungsten-alloy pellets.  

MADE IN USA

GB1

johna1 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Well, I ordered a bag of the new wads. I have cut out a rem hull to make a template to make the little flite control'ish rear wings.

Technically, they are my Christmas present from my wife because she said she didn't know what to get me and I've been blessed enough to not really have anything that I need. So, it may be a couple of weeks before I will get to do any loading or load testing with them. I may be able to sneak out a handful of them if I check the mail the day they get here before she wraps it LOL

So, if anyone starts loading their own before then, I ask that you share your data with me so I don't have to reinvent the wheel if you already have a load or two worked up.

Until then, I'll share what I have so far.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 8 invisible), 1,570 guests, and 746 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,563
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.