Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Had my first sip with my dad when I was 6. Czech Pilsner.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dre
Had my first sip with my dad when I was 6. Czech Pilsner.

Started you off right!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sips from my Dads Coors when I would bring him one as a kid. Still drink Coors. When I was 15, my older sister and some friends went on a camping trip and somehow I weaseled myself into it so got to go. Guys and Gals, all 17-18. Partied with them, next morning I woke up and cracked a beer for breakfast and they all thought I was nuts. That's the day I realized beer and I have a special relationship. wink

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
These are great stories one of the best threads ever.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I honestly don’t remembered my first beer lol. First time I was inebriated was on moonshine at a hunting camp in Adam’s County OH, 14yo maybe?

MAGA
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My first beer was a Coors when I was 12. Stole 2 of them from my dad.
Didn't take him long to figure out that I was stealing his beer. He switched to Hamm's at that point. Guess what, I still took his beer. Then he switched again to Coors Light, that ended me taking his beer.
Found a local old timer that would buy us beer if we have him 2 beers.
Started drinking Busch at that point. Stuck with Busch from age 13 to about age 35ish. I have been drinking Miller Lite since then.

At the least I will have 2 shower beers every night

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by blanket
Mine was a malt liquor +70 years about

Mine was malt liquor also, about 65 years ago….Gobels, I think! My Dad would buy a couple a few miles from my grandparents house every time we went over! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 12/03/22.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Four years old. At the lake with my dad, mom, and brother.

We hadn't caught much all day, a few perch, maybe a couple small largemouth bass. I had a rubber worm on my line, and hooked and landed a 5 lb. walleye. Catch of the day.

As we were loading up to leave, I was sitting in the car, and my dad jokingly said I had "Earned myself a beer", cracked a Pabst and handed it to me. I was quietly sipping it in the dark. A few minutes later, as he got into the car with my mom, he said, "Maybe you need some help with that" and picked it up.

His next words were, "Geezus, this things almost empty!"

Mom was pissed. I slept through the entire car ride home.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Very young I had a few sips here and there and thought it was horrible. At 15 I had 5 or 6 at farm party and thought I was a god. The next night I decided to shotgun the beers instead of enjoying the night. Big mistake. I don't think I had another beer that summer, well at least for a few weeks.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Whenever Americans visited Australia, it never took more than a couple of different beers to hear the words, "Oh, that's a good beer".

When Aussies visited the US, it never happened. I love beer but I still never have anything American in my fridge. God awful fly spray.

Thank God for Bourbon, whiskey and Red wine.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was drinking every day when I got home from work [where I designed tests for Boeing].
At age 30 I did a test where I drank 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4 drinks a day for a week.
I wrote down how I felt every 1/2 hour.

Because people who have one drink a day have the longest life expectancy, I expected I would feel best with one drink per day.

I was wrong.

I felt best with 0 drinks.

A couple of drinks a day ... confounded by many, many other factors in an individual's life.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I believe a huge mug of Molsun..served in Montreal.
..when I was 12.....with my Dad & fellow Kiwanians @ old Expo site. INTERNATIONAL convention.. Dad was Michigan Lt Gov.
I had 2 ....My Dad's quote "Don't tell your Mom"...

That was beer...had small snorts of Wild Cherry vodka snowmobiling with Dad & his buddy (Kiwanian & our family Dentist & his son) @ probably 10..lol

Last edited by sparkman10mm; 12/03/22.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Pre teen, probably Olympia or Hams....

R
R
Our alley neighbors loved NASCAR and would have a garage full on race days, that when I sniped my first drink of either Hamms, Schlitz or Old Milwaukee. My dad seemed to osilate between those three, whichever was cheaper.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
At age 19 in College. A pitcher of something yellow and bitter and nasty at the local C/W bar and pool hall.

I have never found a beer I can actually enjoy, except once. A Pizza place in Boise had Lowenbrau Dark on tap. My buddy and I killed a pitcher with a pizza that night after bucking hay bales all day.

That was good beer, but soon became unobtainium in USA.

I can almost swallow Amber Boch, but it is still a bit bitter.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Can't remember how old I was, but it would have been a Rolling Rock in the little pony bottle. Dad had an old fridge in the basement always well stocked with them.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
I was a sophomore in college! ( drank whiskey drinks prior to this...) The Rifle Team at N.C. State was courting me and took me out for beers. Bud in a long neck bottle. I thought not was horrible...my opinion changed shortly thereafter!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
11 yrs old wifey grandad had a few acres of burley tobacco needed suckering.Hot day he didn’t believe in coolers and ice boiling hot 24 pack of buds behind the truck seat.Tobacco field next to a creek down hill from questionable “direct pipe” drain fields I chose the first option.Shared a bunch more with that man similar circumstances thru the years.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Mine was when i was 7. I accidentally drank dads god awful genese or however its spelled lol. Almost ruined my love for beer haha

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I well recall a capful of Four Roses! It burned!!! laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
720 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 79 invisible), 2,696 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,686
Posts18,399,755
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.