Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I used to always drop a few dollars in their Kettles, even often going a little out of my way to get to it.
But last year they went “woke”, asking myself and all the other white people to apologize for being racist.
The day after Thanksgiving they were out front of local stores ringing the bells. (Funny, but the folks ringing the bells are predominately racist white people)
I passed them by probably 3 times without reaching in my pocket.
It still feels a little funny walking past them, but this racism BS just sticks in my craw.
Like they say, “get woke, go broke “.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I used to always drop a few dollars in their Kettles, even often going a little out of my way to get to it.
But last year they went “woke”, asking myself and all the other white people to apologize for being racist.
The day after Thanksgiving they were out front of local stores ringing the bells. (Funny, but the folks ringing the bells are predominately racist white people)
I passed them by probably 3 times without reaching in my pocket.
It still feels a little funny walking past them, but this racism BS just sticks in my craw.
Like they say, “get woke, go broke “.
7mm
Yep. They deserve to go broke after going woke.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I try not to let politics infect my kindness and I believe that the Salvation Army, Red Cross and United Way do a lot of good. It’s hard to find an organization let alone a charitable organization that doesn’t accept “everyone” whether through their giving or accepting….they can’t alienate a huge percentage of those that donate and being “politically” motivated would void their exempt status. I agree with the woke BS but I won’t let that fact alone influence my giving.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Woke folks get nothing from me.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Won't get a dime from me.
It's supporting the enemy in my mind.

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Yep had to tell the guy ringing the Sorry I'm Too White! As I walked by!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I do my share for humanity when I pay all the taxes they end up wasting. I do not donate one thin dime to any organization. Most have over the top salaries and expenses. If I want to help someone, I do it directly.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I always supported The Salvation Army since the Johnstown flood of 1977.
They were Johnny on the spot, handing out coffee and sandwiches even before the water had receded.
The Red Cross took 3 or four days to get in there. Not to mention the fact that a large chunk of the Red Cross donated money goes to administration fees. If I recall correctly, the stats said that only about 30% actually gets passed on the the needy.
The United Way has been off my list since the early 90s when I learned of their support of the Antigun Brady Foundation.
I hold the Bill of Rights, and especially the 2nd Amendment as very important to a free people.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I had a late relative who was a Brigadier in the SA, an ordained minister and attorney. They no longer use that rank.

I even funded a scholarship in his name in the mid ‘80’s.

Since they’ve chosen to go Woke, I’m done with them.

DF

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Woke is ANTI Christian they’ve made their bed

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I used to support them, but not anymore.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I figured they didn’t want any more donations from this white racist slave owner. So I stopped putting my racist money in the kettle.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Go woke, go broke!

They’re not getting one penny from me after their anti-white nonsense!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am in agreement, I will not give a red cent to any organization that is openly racist towards White people! Fûck the whole lot of em!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm cheap.
But they always got my chang at Giant Eagle, sometimes some paper.
More so with the kids, teaching moments.

Last year I kept my money.

Not sure why it so dam hard to run your business and keep your mouth
shut.

Guy at the hardware was a Yellowdog Democrat. He mostly kept his
mouth shut in the store. But he was a committee man. And everyone
knew what to do and who to talk to if you wanted a Penndot or T-pike job.
(Register D, donate a nice chunk to the DNC. Talk to Guy.)

He didn't bother his mostly Republican customers, and most of the neighbors bought off him.

Politics weren't part of it.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 12/03/22.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I try not to let politics infect my kindness and I believe that the Salvation Army, Red Cross and United Way do a lot of good. It’s hard to find an organization let alone a charitable organization that doesn’t accept “everyone” whether through their giving or accepting….they can’t alienate a huge percentage of those that donate and being “politically” motivated would void their exempt status. I agree with the woke BS but I won’t let that fact alone influence my giving.

edit.

I google says SA uses 83% of donations to good use.

I stand corrected.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You believe Google!!!!

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I used to give to them, especially after my late FIL told me years ago how the SA helped he and his fellow soldiers during his time in the Pacific during ww2. However, since they went woke I'll never give them another cent.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not to post anything seriously wrong, or act all crazy... BUT, is it me, or is everyone standing there ringing the bell at a Salvation Army charitable stand, sort of... um... uh... NON-Caucasian?!?

Last edited by ButchA61; 12/03/22.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I give exceedingly to people in need... money, materials and time/wisdom.

I give NOTHING to people with dingle bells or dingle balls... EVER.

The SA sent me a message that I should apologize for being fortunate/Blessed last year...

I responded in a most unkind manner... and put very nasty things in various kettles.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (6mmbrfan, 2500HD, 14idaho, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 12 invisible), 1,531 guests, and 749 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.