24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
REALLY COOL LBK! A couple really nice Anticosti bucks! Many congrats on getting it done again!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congratulations on a successful hunt. I'm glad you are safe after that hairy start. I look forward to you post every year. Thanks again and God bless you have many more years ahead hunting with your wife!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No better round in the Whelen than 200gr. RN bullets, I've taken several whitetails with my Win. M/70 Super Grade Whelen rebore. It produces a big hole, leaves an easy to follow blood trail though most times its a DRT. Last buck the bullet penetrated diagonally thru the chest coming to rest under the skin of the far shoulder. Perfectly mushroomed it retained 66% of its original weight. The load was a Ken Waters Pet Load utilizing IMR 3031, the load produces 3 shot cloverleaf groups @ 100yds. and dead deer. It has been my go to load for many years now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good work!

Yup.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by diamondjim
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
You guys are ALL great. I appreciate all the kind words. And, as far as my wife goes, she pushes her limits. We had a few scary instances this trip, but she took them in stride. I am happy she hunts with me.

You are a blessed man to have a wife like that.

Jim, my wife says thank you.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BIG_JOE
Good pictures Steve. In Sept I don't miss the snow. I remember one year the snow up by the park was 8ft. I do miss the bucks chasing in Novembe.. Good report again.

Nancy and I miss YOU being there. I have nobody to share my morning coffee and talk guns and reloading.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Be nice to have a couple of cups of coffee, with you again one day! My only hunting trip out west I used a 35 whelen,on my elk and mule deer!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We keep ourselves going to keep ahead of the inevitable. Friday we got the word my company is looking for people to take a "voluntary" buy out. The package is 26 weeks of pay PERIOD. If they don't get enough people to take it they say they are going to take "other" measures. I have been with them for 48 YEARS. I am not caving to 26 WEEKS. I am a stubborn s h i t. Push me and find out just HOW stubborn. I love our life the way it is. My wife is my high point. She trusted my to ride double on a four wheeler through all that snow. So scared I couldn't hear her speak, BUT she held on. I AM lucky. I will do my BEST to keep it that way. Thanks ALL.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Awesome! I bet it was a cardio workout tromping through the deep snow. A big pile of venison is well worth the effort. 👍

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I look forward to this report every year.
You and Mrs. LBK sure are tough ole birds. 😀💪🏼

Congrats, and thanks for sharing.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunswizard
No better round in the Whelen than 200gr. RN bullets, I've taken several whitetails with my Win. M/70 Super Grade Whelen rebore. It produces a big hole, leaves an easy to follow blood trail though most times its a DRT. Last buck the bullet penetrated diagonally thru the chest coming to rest under the skin of the far shoulder. Perfectly mushroomed it retained 66% of its original weight. The load was a Ken Waters Pet Load utilizing IMR 3031, the load produces 3 shot cloverleaf groups @ 100yds. and dead deer. It has been my go to load for many years now.

The load I use is from the Hornady Vol #2 manual an it is 51.1 grains of IMR 3031 with a Fed 210 primer. Velocity is 2385 FPS and has an energy of 2525 fp. I have used this load since 2007 but this time noticed a couple slightly flattened primers.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Thanks for the report, I always enjoy it. You’re a lucky man to have a wife like that, congratulations on your success this year. I’m a fan of the pumps it’s good the Whelen got it’s chance.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I like to see the stories every year you get to go. That much snow would be hard. Your wife is the best, love the pictures. 👍

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I always wanted to hunt Anticosti.Now I am too old.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Huntz
I always wanted to hunt Anticosti.Now I am too old.

You don't get old because you do things. You get old because you don't. Sepaq guides will take great care of you no matter WHAT your condition.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I will second that. Sepaq guides have been taking good care of this old fart for years.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BIG_JOE
I will second that. Sepaq guides have been taking good care of this old fart for years.

You ARE missed.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Good tales of the hunt. Glad to hear that you made it despite a few misadventures. Who was your guide? In September I hunted with Jerome. The hunt was good. Will you go again next year? Next fall plan to go to another camp, one of the ones SEPAQ got from Safari, just for the change.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Our guide was Gabriel. He does a great job and loves pleasing his clients. He is only 26 and works his tail end off. As you know, the price skyrocketed but yes we are re-booked. You could not convince me to leave Chicotte. We really know the place like the palm of our hand. All the guide has to to is get us where we want to go and pick us up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Congratulations on another great trip, Stephen & Nan !!!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
686 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 3,104 guests, and 1,436 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.