Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Wolves haven’t come through yet to my bay. Put out a bunch more gear today. Wolves were howling above me most of the morning. Stuffed a beaver carcass in a hole to hopefully draw them in If they come through I have plenty of gear waiting for them. Hung a camera too. I have till the 15th.

BP-B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I trap coyotes with snares in Michigan there's no season on wolves but most years I snare a couple wolves by accident....its not that hard to catch one if there was a season it would be simple to catch....

Never have used bait just put my snares on "runs" used every year or deer runways....i think if bait was used probably catch even more wolves so don't use.....

Like to snare in heavy forested confers its the winter area for deer yards and hunting grounds for coyotes after snowshoe hare and deer....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
great video , hope you all do well trapping more dead wolves is good to see ! these dang liberals want to protect these killers , if these liberals lived where wolves are they would not feel there liberal ways to save wolves . > wolves here in Minnesota we shot ,trapped and poisoned wolves for 100 years and could never get rid of these wolves and now in Minnesota wolves are protected what a joke !

Last edited by pete53; 12/19/22.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by pete53
great video , hope you all do well trapping more dead wolves is good to see ! these dang liberals want to protect these killers , if these liberals lived where wolves are they would not feel there liberal ways to save wolves . > wolves here in Minnesota we shot ,trapped and poisoned wolves for 100 years and could never get rid of these wolves and now in Minnesota wolves are protected what a joke !

All truth there, or I should say here. If you recall back around”13” when we had a couple of years of wolf season in Minnesota the hunters did not fare well in shooting them but when they turned the trappers loose the quota was filled quickly.

I do not think they are overly hard to trap, however here in Minnesota and I’m sure the other states deep snows make it tougher. Stringing cable makes it less work and is more efficient.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Well done, congrats!

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The MN wolf season was a quick end, Both times I had a trapping tag and both times quota was virtually filled before it opened. If it ever comes up again I think I will be trapping lots of coyotes the week before it opened!

Capt. John
www.autumnwings.com
www.txduckhunts.com - "The Home of Quack and Squeal Hunts"
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by captjohn
The MN wolf season was a quick end, Both times I had a trapping tag and both times quota was virtually filled before it opened. If it ever comes up again I think I will be trapping lots of coyotes the week before it opened!

I think the trappers who do best in that situation are/were guys who had trapped the same areas for quite a while and had a real good feel for when the wolves would come thru and from which direction. Some areas have longer travelers. The flip side of that I know a back Blandin road trail that has tracks every other day, maybe two or even 3 home ranges overlapped there I would guess and the guy who set on it was successful within the short season.
When trapping my area up until last season I had to deal with at least one a season when setting for coyotes. That was less and less as years come on as the coyote population plummeted here and I trapped less for them.

Osky

Last edited by Osky; 03/04/23.

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
634 members (007FJ, 257Bob, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,259
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.