Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
kenoh2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Decided that I needed to burn some club points on a Glock 40 MOS. Did a search of store inventories and found them in stock an hour and a half away.
Arrived at the store and was the only customer at the gun counter. Seemed unnecessary but pulled a number off the dispenser. Waited ten minutes before a mid-twenties lump of goo put his phone down and acknowledged my presence. Told him I wanted a Glock 40. He opened the case and retrieved a 20 saying that it's the only 10mm they have. I told him that it shows 40s in stock on the website and asked him to check the back room. He just stood there and said a bit louder "WE DON'T HAVE ANY!" then walked away and went back to diddling his phone.
I was Fing steaming!
Started walking to the front door but decided to go back try again with a different person. Luckily, the department supervisor called my new number. I told him that the large young man wouldn't check the back room for a Glock 40 that is shown in stock online. He spun around, went into the storage room and returned with the gun within thirty seconds.
As I was completing paperwork and checking out, sales slug #1 was told twice by the supervisor to get off his phone while customers were waiting.

Last edited by kenoh2; 12/04/22.
BP-B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I quit Cabelas a few years before Bass Pro bought them. The writing was on the wall.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Should have very loudly asked him if his legs worked or was they painted on ?
Dam an [bleep] like that
Kenneth

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
We have a pos like you describe that works with us. He gets treated like the pos that he is. He has been told that his standing among the group will improve as his efforts improve.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You sure are more polite than I would have been. I am not normally a grumpy old man (but I do find that the older I get the less I like people) what sends me sideways in a heartbeat is rudeness from a salesperson. But everyone has their triggers and that has always been one of mine. I look at it as I am not asking them to do anything but their job and if you work behind a counter then it's your job to help me find exactly what I'm looking for. Now if inventory showed zero, then there is nothing anyone can do about it but not even attempting to locate an item that they should have in stock........my eyes changes color, my skin turns green and my clothes start ripping at the seams.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Never been in a Cabela's store

I went to the Bass pro Shop's Grand Opening here in Commyfornia on the 3rd day of opening.

I waited 2 hours in line and asked if they had any Nato Primers.
I had a Know Everything middle aged Sales Dick that Told me that there was no such thing as a Nato Primers.

I explained to him what they were and why I needed them.
He went and rounded up 2 more Sales Dicks that all commenced to tell me that there were no such things as Nato Primers.

Then they got the manager to come over to me this was at about the 2 1/2 hour time frame and over 50 customers all listening to me again Explain what a Nato Primers were and was used for.

The Manager told me that he may have heard of them a long time ago and did not think that the made them anymore and that they did not have any.

I have only been back to that store 2 times since.
My Girl wanted to look at their Nascar stuff and I went to just look at their Gun Vault High end fancy Guns and was told to leave after they found out I was just Browsing like Rodney Dangerfield No respect I tell ya No Respect.

I have never had the want or the need to ever go back into those stores.

Good for you on getting what you were looking for.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would have cussed POS slug out.

K
kenoh2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
On a better note, the first five shots hit an 8" plate at 65 yards offhand without adjusting the sights. Mounted a Vortex Venom this evening and will get it sighted in tomorrow.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Welcome to the G40 club! I love mine, notwithstanding the mush trigger.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I sent a message via GunsInternational to the Cabela's in Massachusetts that I was interested in a rifle. Two minutes later the manager called and a couple of minutes later I was the proud owner of a Range Certified Weatherby Arroyo in 6.5 CM

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kenoh2
As I was completing paperwork and checking out, sales slug #1 was told twice by the supervisor to get off his phone while customers were waiting.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BFaucett

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Dammit Bob, I think you are right.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Decided that I needed to burn some club points on a Glock 40 MOS. Did a search of store inventories and found them in stock an hour and a half away.
Arrived at the store and was the only customer at the gun counter. Seemed unnecessary but pulled a number off the dispenser. Waited ten minutes before a mid-twenties lump of goo put his phone down and acknowledged my presence. Told him I wanted a Glock 40. He opened the case and retrieved a 20 saying that it's the only 10mm they have. I told him that it shows 40s in stock on the website and asked him to check the back room. He just stood there and said a bit louder "WE DON'T HAVE ANY!" then walked away and went back to diddling his phone.
I was Fing steaming!
Started walking to the front door but decided to go back try again with a different person. Luckily, the department supervisor called my new number. I told him that the large young man wouldn't check the back room for a Glock 40 that is shown in stock online. He spun around, went into the storage room and returned with the gun within thirty seconds.

Your a lot nicer than me. One of the many reasons I don’t so Cabela’s or Walmart or any of the big chain retail stores anymore. Usually it’s ole Shanika with the fake rainbow colored dreadlocks and fake 4” fingernails. And AssPro has totally ruined Cabela’s.😡
I’d much rather pay a little extra and have my LGS order a gun for me. Or if they can’t order it, I’ll buy online and have it shipped there and pay their transfer fee. Much easier on the Blood Pressure. 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank god the feds kept azz pro from buying sportsman’s. Our cabelas is so bad I actually think they want to go bankrupt on purpose.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Funny.

Went to nearest Cabelas and the younger guys behind the counter asked me what I needed.

The older guys were the ones standing around BSing.

Gun library was overpriced, and has hardly anything in it, the last yr or so. Not worth going.

But the ol lady has a couple shops she likes nearby so every other i jump in to have a look.

Went to pick up a scope, none in stock. 6 months later a diff scope..... none in stock. Aint going to attempt a 3rd.

Last edited by hookeye; 12/04/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a gun at Cabelas.
It reminded me of going to the dept of motor vehicles to renew my drivers licence.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I bought a gun at Cabelas.
It reminded me of going to the dept of motor vehicles to renew my drivers licence.

Yep. That was my last experience there 3 or 4 years ago.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I was Fing steaming!

Your a lot nicer than me. One of the many reasons I don’t so Cabela’s or Walmart or any of the big chain retail stores anymore. Usually it’s ole Shanika with the fake rainbow colored dreadlocks and fake 4” fingernails. And AssPro has totally ruined Cabela’s.😡
I’d much rather pay a little extra and have my LGS order a gun for me. Or if they can’t order it, I’ll buy online and have it shipped there and pay their transfer fee. Much easier on the Blood Pressure. 😬

I stopped going to what I called my Favorite Gun Shop Turners Outdoorsman Here in Commyfornia.
At one time I was on their Best Customer list because of what and how much I purchased from that Corp.
They had a short Memory and Delayed me getting a Custom Order Rifle that I had Built for myself.
They delayed my delivery by 2 months because they finally admitted that they did not want to Dros the rifle so that they could have it delivered into their store for me to receive it.

After they admitted what they were doing I found a Police Sting Pawn shop that Dros'd the rifle and I had it right away.

As a Thank You I gave them the Turnbull Table Book that came with the Rifle.

Big Corporations can find all kinds of ways to screw their Customers and it Sucks because they are in a position to be very beneficial to their Customers instead of rip off artists.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a painless experience buying a gun from one of their gun libraries off of GI. I stopped in the Bass pro at the Pyramid a couple months back. The gun selection wasn't very impressive. Lots of Benelli shotguns. Walked area with a led sled for cheap.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by funshooter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I was Fing steaming!

I stopped going to what I called my Favorite Gun Shop Turners Outdoorsman Here in Commyfornia.
At one time I was on their Best Customer list because of what and how much I purchased from that Corp.
They had a short Memory and Delayed me getting a Custom Order Rifle that I had Built for myself.
They delayed my delivery by 2 months because they finally admitted that they did not want to Dros the rifle so that they could have it delivered into their store for me to receive it.

After they admitted what they were doing I found a Police Sting Pawn shop that Dros'd the rifle and I had it right away.

As a Thank You I gave them the Turnbull Table Book that came with the Rifle.

Big Corporations can find all kinds of ways to screw their Customers and it Sucks because they are in a position to be very beneficial to their Customers instead of rip off artists.

The shop I use is a small one owned by a friend and his wife. His employees are his brother and his son’s brother in law. Been in business since 1973.
Started buying guns there when I was 13 when it was owned by a local cop and his wife. Grew up and went to school with his daughter. The current owner and I are good friends and have hunted together quite a bit. Good honest folks like them you can trust, with great employees are hard to find nowadays. But fortunately there are still a few out there.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
277 members (1minute, 204guy, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 29aholic, 39 invisible), 2,165 guests, and 987 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,627
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.