Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I ran the pic through a few photoshop detectors and other than being resized it is real. Resizing is usually necessary to post here and other sites. I am in VA and never saw or heard of any deer like this.

GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The guy holding it doesn’t look real to me. And if that’s his legs to his right that looks unreal also.Well the more I look at it he is just long arming it.

Last edited by MadDog4298; 12/07/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
If it's real it's awesome. I enlarged the pic, the hunters hands look fugged up, photoshopped you tell me.

Agreed. And his left arm appears to have a grandiose fracture.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It appears as though his arm is resting on the top of the truck bed and that may be causing the odd "look".

CashisKing has a place in Stafford, VA. Maybe he has seen or heard something about this deer.

Medics bury their mistakes..
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
There’s more info on FB under StarCityWhitetails

ETA - Supposedly the deer was pretty well known in one of the neighborhoods in northern Va . There was a couple pics people had posted of it in their backyards. There were also a couple guys hunting the deer.

Last edited by SquibLoadMatch; 12/07/22.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I stand corrected on this deer after seeing a couple more images/angles of the buck.

BFB.

WWP53D
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Scott, some of the bucks that come out of that area and a few surrounding counties has always made me nuts! They are monster horned and 150lbs! Coming from the NE I have never seen bucks like that. I have seen a few on the front of a dog pack and they are just beasts. But it's all soybeans, alfalfa and great feed, low on predators mostly, easy winters and thick woods.

Here is one a buddy’s son took west of Richmond.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Last edited by beretzs; 01/12/23.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
He’s a hammer. Stafford definitely has some nice areas to hunt and plenty of places for them big fellas to hide.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs
Scott, some of the bucks that come out of that area and a few surrounding counties has always made me nuts! They are monster horned and 150lbs! Coming from the NE I have never seen bucks like that.

Very interesting. Yeah, at those weights in my locale (and your home turf), that's a 2 y/o animal.

WWP53D
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by beretzs
Scott, some of the bucks that come out of that area and a few surrounding counties has always made me nuts! They are monster horned and 150lbs! Coming from the NE I have never seen bucks like that.

Very interesting. Yeah, at those weights in my locale (and your home turf), that's a 2 y/o animal.

They are some skinny fellas with big horns sometimes.

Semper Fi
V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
Not far from there a family member shot a 160" class buck that was over 250lbs on the hoof. Rumor was the area was stocked with Maine deer 90years ago.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by vabowhntr
Not far from there a family member shot a 160" class buck that was over 250lbs on the hoof. Rumor was the area was stocked with Maine deer 90years ago.

I’d never heard that Maine deer stocking story. Kinda interesting.

Semper Fi
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have only got one in Stafford Co. that I consider a wide buck. 21.5” inside and just over 23” outside. Definitely my widest buck to date. Did get a couple good tall bucks too but none wider than 17-18” or so. Some very distinctive genes depending where you are in the county.

Semper Fi

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by haverluk
I have only got one in Stafford Co. that I consider a wide buck. 21.5” inside and just over 23” outside. Definitely my widest buck to date. Did get a couple good tall bucks too but none wider than 17-18” or so. Some very distinctive genes depending where you are in the county.

He's a dandy!

Semper Fi
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by SquibLoadMatch

ETA - Supposedly the deer was pretty well known in one of the neighborhoods in northern Va . There was a couple pics people had posted of it in their backyards. There were also a couple guys hunting the deer.

One of the HOAs out there has drafted a letter to DWR about how "unacceptable a treasure like that has been removed permanently from nature."

Go figure lol

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

One of the HOAs out there has drafted a letter to DWR about how "unacceptable a treasure like that has been removed permanently from nature."

Go figure lol

Go figure lol

And yet some of the HOAs are all for it. I lived in Lake Ridge area of Prince William Co. north of Stafford Co. for a while and there was 30 of us that were qualified and authorized to archery hunt in the designated wooded areas around the neighborhood. The state even supplied us with DMAP tags. I shot mostly does but some guys were able to dredge out a couple good bucks.

Semper Fi

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by haverluk

Go figure lol

Go figure lol

And yet some of the HOAs are all for it. I lived in Lake Ridge area of Prince William Co. north of Stafford Co. for a while and there was 30 of us that were qualified and authorized to archery hunt in the designated wooded areas around the neighborhood. The state even supplied us with DMAP tags. I shot mostly does but some guys were able to dredge out a couple good bucks.

One of my buddies did the same. Got qual'ed to hunt those little woodlots up around Loudoun and man, he had some trail cam pictures of some monsters.

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang that buck is something pretty great!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It didnt winn the big buck contest at greentop sporting goods. It was out scored by a 17” buck

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

141 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 21 invisible), 1,824 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,506
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.