Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Last edited by 6.5whitetail; 12/04/22.
BP-B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
That’s an awesome deer!! If it’s yours then big congratulations are given. Lifetime trophy that’ll be hard to beat.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Been a goodun next year

Fück Joe byron
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
RoundOak keeps getting younger.

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
That's a really nice Virginia buck.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Dayum!! That's all I got. Besides Congratulations.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Do you know the hunter? I hope it's you.

This picture is certainly making the rounds. Is it a high fence deer?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
No high fences in that area. I have killed many deer in Stafford County and have never seen or heard of one that big coming out of there. He is a stud buck for sure!

Semper Fi

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That's a hella good deer for anywhere in Va.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Deer like that are easy to kill. They can't get through the woods without getting hung up on trees.

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Nice deer , long arms ..

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Did I ever tell you about the time I was running the combine?

LOL
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by haverluk
No high fences in that area. I have killed many deer in Stafford County and have never seen or heard of one that big coming out of there. He is a stud buck for sure!

Do you hunt the Q?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Being a Virginia native, I gotta admit... I've never see a deer like that ANYWHERE in Virginia....

out west here, yes.....back east NO... even in Northern New England or the Upper Midwest (MN, WI, UP of Mich)...

If this is for real Super Congrats!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by readonly

Do you hunt the Q?

Quantico? Might have high fences but doesn't equate to high fence hunting.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by readonly

Do you hunt the Q?

I did hunt the Q for many seasons and a handful of private pieces in Stafford Co.

Semper Fi

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
That is a stud for sure

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Big 1 for sure , congrats to whoever.
Be hard to top that 1 next year or the years to come.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
If it's real it's awesome. I enlarged the pic, the hunters hands look fugged up, photoshopped you tell me.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
If it's real it's awesome. I enlarged the pic, the hunters hands look fugged up, photoshopped you tell me.

So another one for the round(oak) file??

A wise man is frequently humbled.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I ran the pic through a few photoshop detectors and other than being resized it is real. Resizing is usually necessary to post here and other sites. I am in VA and never saw or heard of any deer like this.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The guy holding it doesn’t look real to me. And if that’s his legs to his right that looks unreal also.Well the more I look at it he is just long arming it.

Last edited by MadDog4298; 12/07/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

Agreed. And his left arm appears to have a grandiose fracture.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It appears as though his arm is resting on the top of the truck bed and that may be causing the odd "look".

CashisKing has a place in Stafford, VA. Maybe he has seen or heard something about this deer.

Medics bury their mistakes..
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
There’s more info on FB under StarCityWhitetails

ETA - Supposedly the deer was pretty well known in one of the neighborhoods in northern Va . There was a couple pics people had posted of it in their backyards. There were also a couple guys hunting the deer.

Last edited by SquibLoadMatch; 12/07/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I stand corrected on this deer after seeing a couple more images/angles of the buck.

BFB.

WWP53D
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Scott, some of the bucks that come out of that area and a few surrounding counties has always made me nuts! They are monster horned and 150lbs! Coming from the NE I have never seen bucks like that. I have seen a few on the front of a dog pack and they are just beasts. But it's all soybeans, alfalfa and great feed, low on predators mostly, easy winters and thick woods.

Here is one a buddy’s son took west of Richmond.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Last edited by beretzs; 01/12/23.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
He’s a hammer. Stafford definitely has some nice areas to hunt and plenty of places for them big fellas to hide.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs
Scott, some of the bucks that come out of that area and a few surrounding counties has always made me nuts! They are monster horned and 150lbs! Coming from the NE I have never seen bucks like that.

Very interesting. Yeah, at those weights in my locale (and your home turf), that's a 2 y/o animal.

WWP53D
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SKane
Scott, some of the bucks that come out of that area and a few surrounding counties has always made me nuts! They are monster horned and 150lbs! Coming from the NE I have never seen bucks like that.

Very interesting. Yeah, at those weights in my locale (and your home turf), that's a 2 y/o animal.

They are some skinny fellas with big horns sometimes.

Semper Fi
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Not far from there a family member shot a 160" class buck that was over 250lbs on the hoof. Rumor was the area was stocked with Maine deer 90years ago.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by vabowhntr
Not far from there a family member shot a 160" class buck that was over 250lbs on the hoof. Rumor was the area was stocked with Maine deer 90years ago.

I’d never heard that Maine deer stocking story. Kinda interesting.

Semper Fi
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have only got one in Stafford Co. that I consider a wide buck. 21.5” inside and just over 23” outside. Definitely my widest buck to date. Did get a couple good tall bucks too but none wider than 17-18” or so. Some very distinctive genes depending where you are in the county.

Semper Fi

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have only got one in Stafford Co. that I consider a wide buck. 21.5” inside and just over 23” outside. Definitely my widest buck to date. Did get a couple good tall bucks too but none wider than 17-18” or so. Some very distinctive genes depending where you are in the county.

He's a dandy!

Semper Fi
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by SquibLoadMatch

ETA - Supposedly the deer was pretty well known in one of the neighborhoods in northern Va . There was a couple pics people had posted of it in their backyards. There were also a couple guys hunting the deer.

One of the HOAs out there has drafted a letter to DWR about how "unacceptable a treasure like that has been removed permanently from nature."

Go figure lol

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

One of the HOAs out there has drafted a letter to DWR about how "unacceptable a treasure like that has been removed permanently from nature."

Go figure lol

Go figure lol

And yet some of the HOAs are all for it. I lived in Lake Ridge area of Prince William Co. north of Stafford Co. for a while and there was 30 of us that were qualified and authorized to archery hunt in the designated wooded areas around the neighborhood. The state even supplied us with DMAP tags. I shot mostly does but some guys were able to dredge out a couple good bucks.

Semper Fi

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Go figure lol

Go figure lol

And yet some of the HOAs are all for it. I lived in Lake Ridge area of Prince William Co. north of Stafford Co. for a while and there was 30 of us that were qualified and authorized to archery hunt in the designated wooded areas around the neighborhood. The state even supplied us with DMAP tags. I shot mostly does but some guys were able to dredge out a couple good bucks.

One of my buddies did the same. Got qual'ed to hunt those little woodlots up around Loudoun and man, he had some trail cam pictures of some monsters.

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang that buck is something pretty great!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It didnt winn the big buck contest at greentop sporting goods. It was out scored by a 17” buck

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There have been a few bucks killed in va. Over 30”

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by srwshooter
It didnt winn the big buck contest at greentop sporting goods. It was out scored by a 17” buck

No kidding? I'd like to see that buck!

Semper Fi
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Home growing up was just north of there in Fairfax County... Springfield

I've seen some big deer in Virginia, but they weren't up around the DC area...in NoVA..

they were more down in the SW part of the state.... but I've never seen one, or one killed that had a rack anywhere near that..

either that was photoshopped or taken somewhere a zillion miles from Northern VA.. I am leaning toward the photo shopped side of the Fraud...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Seafire

I've seen some big deer in Virginia, but they weren't up around the DC area...in NoVA..

they were more down in the SW part of the state.... but I've never seen one, or one killed that had a rack anywhere near that..

either that was photoshopped or taken somewhere a zillion miles from Northern VA.. I am leaning toward the photo shopped side of the Fraud...

Its a real buck. No kidding. Not saying they are behind every tree, but there are some beasts in horn size that come out of those woods. They have it all, feed, mild weather, low predator issues and good hiding spots.

Semper Fi
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Seafire

Its a real buck. No kidding. Not saying they are behind every tree, but there are some beasts in horn size that come out of those woods. They have it all, feed, mild weather, low predator issues and good hiding spots.

YOUR opinion I'll take as gospel.... If you say that something like that can come out of Stafford County these days, I'll believe it...

Guess NOVA is so crowded, that there is little to NO hunting in those counties... I have seen in the past that they have lost a lot of deer at times in the pass, because no predators, and not enough food to support how many there are... so they've hired professional hunters to just thin them out...

I'll bet more of them are usually taken out by a car or pickup, than a rifle or bow...

we had the same problem in the Twin Cities in Minnesota back in the early 80s....too many deer and not enough habitat...and NO predators to thin out their numbers... a Reservoir just north of my home, covered just 2 or 3 square miles in 1980....they went in and removed 700 deer out of there, and trucked them to Northern MN, and let them loose.... in 1981, they took another 700 of them out of the same area and did the same thing with them...

and EVEN after that, they still had a couple thousand deer still estimated in there....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'd never believe it if I hadn't seen some God darned big bucks come out of Stafford, Prince William and Ladysmith Counties.

I can understand you not believing either. I would've lost bets there were bucks that big around when I moved here and started hunting.

Semper Fi
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've seen some whoppers come out of Southampton and Sussex Counties too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
726 members (09wingates, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 73 invisible), 2,927 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,774
Posts18,401,552
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.