Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Originally Posted by tikkanut
State sponsored $25/head bounty here

wake up dumm azz newsome

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/coyote-attacks-toddler-in-woodland-hills/

Damn I wish they had it here as I would have racked up a pile of cash. Locally we had a annual coyote contest partially funded by OHA the other part by a local gun shop. Your name went in the hat once per coyote tail turned in and I put a employee’s name in for each tail until I had grandkids. The oldest granddaughter won a 22-250 Four years ago which the shop owner allowed me to swap for a .223 instead.

It’s such a major pita to get that bounty, it’s no longer worth it IMHO. I just leave em lie.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stxhunter
The only two things left on earth at the end of time will be a coyote and a mesquite tree.

Old man used to say only things left would be cockroaches and coyotes.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Should be a bounty on Coyotes everywhere, but the Tree Huggers and PETA would throw a fit.

When those Dipschitts pretty much killed fur trapping by driving the prices down to rock bottom in the 80’s,
it allowed a population explosion of Coyotes that will never be contained or controlled again.

Coyotes are probably the most adaptive predators in North America. They survive and thrive in the big cities today like LA and even NYC.

Unfortunately, it never seems to happen to a tree huggers kids. 😜

It's done the same for racoons. We have way too many of them in my neck of the woods.

kwg

Yep. Not to mention skunks and Rabies.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only two things left on earth at the end of time will be a coyote and a mesquite tree.

You forgot the Cockroaches Roger. 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

wake up dumm azz newsome

Damn I wish they had it here as I would have racked up a pile of cash. Locally we had a annual coyote contest partially funded by OHA the other part by a local gun shop. Your name went in the hat once per coyote tail turned in and I put a employee’s name in for each tail until I had grandkids. The oldest granddaughter won a 22-250 Four years ago which the shop owner allowed me to swap for a .223 instead.

It’s such a major pita to get that bounty, it’s no longer worth it IMHO. I just leave em lie.
I did too and shot more off their carcasses.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
They are native to Texas, Colorado etc. How did we get them here in N. Carolina, and Georgia? I can see them going east through Louisiana, to Baton Rouge. At that point, did they swim the Mississippi, or what?

The old people I've known said that they weren't in
east Texas until the mid 1950's
They displaced what few red wolves were left
TPWD could say for sure

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are native to Texas, Colorado etc. How did we get them here in N. Carolina, and Georgia? I can see them going east through Louisiana, to Baton Rouge. At that point, did they swim the Mississippi, or what?
Red Wolves kept them out of the east

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Growing up back in the fifties and sixties in east Arkansas, we had no coyotes, no beaver, no muskrats, no nutria, very few deer, and no armadillos, nor turkey. We had rabbits, squirrels, coons, possums, mink, quail. Game and fish stocked deer, and I suspect all of the rest of the nuisance animals. Coyotes, beaver, muskrat all showed up about the same time in the late fifties. Armadillos in the Seventies or eighties. Beaver I think was stocked to try to get more wetlands for ducks. The money bird in east Arkansas. I know that my dog killed a muskrat in the late fifties, and the local trappers that trapped a lot of coon and mink, had no idea what it was. They had never seen one before. I also know that in the late eighties and nineties, they stocked alligators to try to help control the beaver population, that was doing a lot of woodland damage. Our game and fish is not always a friend. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Should have mentioned that before coyotes, we had a lot of fox. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kilt this SOB pup @ 175 running with 45 Colt

3rd shot took him down......fun in Utah's high desert

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

nice shot!

.... like tears in the rain
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Coyotes arrived in the east via natural movement. In Virginia, one of the last states to be populated, they came in from the north and south. Eastern coyotes are bigger than western coytoes. Studies show eastern coyotes are 64% coyote, 13+% gray wolf, 11+% eastern wolf, and 10% domestic dog . I started seeing coyotes in eastern Virginia in the 80s when they would come in squirrel and turkey calls. Now they are firmly established in Virginia. Our DWR estimate no fewer than 50,000 in Virginia but admit its likely much higher. Some areas have more than 1 per quare mile. And you don't have to report coyote kills in Virginia, but some hunters do voluntarily and hunters are reporting killing 25,000 per year, and that number is likely much higher. One shotgun-only county I hunt actually changed their local laws to permit centerfire rifles for coyote hunting because farmers were loosing so many calves to them. I've seen them prowling a local walmart parking lot, and it's nothing anymore to see them hunting mice in the fields of the local battle fields here. My neighbors have seen them on their surveillance cameras. They've been seen near childrens' bus stops in Williamsburg. They prowl downtown Richmond at night and the liberal city gov't says they are great for rat control. There is no getting rid of them anymore. Our DWR says 60% of them have to be killed every single year just to stablize the population, and their population can rebound in a single year.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 700LH
Red Wolves kept them out of the east

There is a stocked population of Red Wolves in eastern NC. Their numbers have dropped from a high of 120 adults to 20 adults today. Besides being hit by cars and getting shot, coyotes are breeding them out of existence. Red Wolves in NC have a lot of coyote DNA in them.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Ya forgot cockroaches, Roger. laugh

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fuggin idiot tree huggin' liberals

Where was that father pussy's gun?

Fuggin stupid liberals.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Kilt this SOB pup @ 175 running with 45 Colt

3rd shot took him down......fun in Utah's high desert

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

nice shot!

+1

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The piedmont of NC is covered up with them. Old timer told me 20 years ago when the groundhogs showed up the yotes would not be far behind - and he was spot on. I used to kill 125 - 150 groundhogs every year but now only kill a couple dozen. Small game populations have taken a hit as well.

Locals are seeing small dogs and cats disappearing on a daily basis - which in and of itself is not a bad thing. I have told them that its coyotes taking them and they usually call BS until I show them pics. I cross a couple of railroad tracks driving to work every morning and always look up and down the tracks for wildlife, and usually see coyotes a couple times a week on the tracks. Had an incident in my neighborhood a few years back where a coyote snatched a big white rabbit out of a neighbor's garage while her kids were playing with it. The fallout from that was hilarious.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

wake up dumm azz newsome

agree..........

crow.......magpie bait

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

wake up dumm azz newsome

That coyote in Woodland Hills, came back for seconds.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Nuthin like......

sending a .452" 45 Colt 250 gr downrange at a 'yote....

Ya can't hit me that lever gun..........

die MO FO

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What are these coyotes you speak of?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (16penny, 1_deuce, 204guy, 1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 44 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,095 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,343
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.