Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Two substations were targeted at the same time, and disabled by gunfire? There is either a lot more to this story, or it is bullshiit.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Here we are worried about our infrastructure being attacked by an EMP or something sophisticated but little did we know that Bubba with his 30-30 was able to easily take out the grid with a couple of rounds. 😂
That's the real story. There's no evidence given for a drag show connection.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Wouldn't it be simpler to just kneecap the drag q u e e r s and not mess with the power grid?

This^^^^^^
x
pedaling Paul would take it personally...

Last edited by ldholton; 12/04/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Two substations were targeted at the same time, and disabled by gunfire? There is either a lot more to this story, or it is bullshiit.

False flag for more gun control. POS will be along calling for it.

GOA
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Fwiw…..

A long time ago, I rec’d a phone call from the General Manager of a mine/mill/smelter complex. He told me I would soon have a visitor from an alphabet agency who wanted to ask me a number of questions regarding site security.

He showed up the next day and we talked for a couple of hours. He wanted to know how to disable a large complex like we had and he focused on the underground mining operations.

He seemed to know very little, but he asked interesting questions. He thought the best way to disable our mine would be to disrupt our power supply and cause the pumps to shut down and cause the mine to flood. Not so, we had had a long labor strike and our incoming power lines were dynamited. Lost power for a week and the mine did indeed flood. We got the power on, dried out the mcc’s and motors…. Replaced fluids in the crushers and got the mine up and running in 3-4 days.

He was disappointed and told me that was not long enough.

Anyway, upshot was that two targets were of interest to him. The first was to disable the hoisting equipment and the second was to damage the our power transformers. Both the hoisting mechanism and the transformers were not “off the shelf” items. Loss either could cause a multiple month long shutdown….. maybe longer.

He left pleased.

You guys are right about the transformers…. Replacing large transformers take quite a while and they are generally not easily repaired and restored to service.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Dunno about Bubba with a .30-30, but a .300 Win Mag or maybe a .30-378 with some black tip milsurp AP bullets takes the potential for transformer damage up an order of magnitude or three!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Whatever they used probably had a suppressor so the neighbors didn't notice the shots

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Probably just some idiot with a beef against Duke Energy.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How much sophistication does it take to know what to shoot on a power substation?

Very little.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Worry not.

The FBI is on the case now.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been saying for years that our power grid is over of our biggest weaknesses. Terrorists could do a hell of a lot of damage with a little knowledge and the right tools. Lol what they did on 9/11.
It's long been known replacement parts substations and transformers are hard to get promptly. Frankly I'm surprised it's taken this long for it to happen. If it was idiots doing it then congrats, you just showed the terrorists how to do the same

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Worry not.

The FBI is on the case now.

Why?

They find a piece of string with a loop tied in it?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I've been saying for years that our power grid is over of our biggest weaknesses. Terrorists could do a hell of a lot of damage with a little knowledge and the right tools. Lol what they did on 9/11.
It's long been known replacement parts substations and transformers are hard to get promptly. Frankly I'm surprised it's taken this long for it to happen. If it was idiots doing it then congrats, you just showed the terrorists how to do the same

I have always expected the same with forest fires.

Easy peasy stuff for a pissed off dude or dudette to light a match...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
We drove to town yesterday for breakfast and a little Christmas shopping but there was no power.
No power at intersections so it's a 4 way stop, not everybody remembers..

We live on the edge of the power outage, we have power but a bunch of friends do not.
We sent out phone calls to a bunch of folks to come here to get water for their horses, pets and livestock, families. Charge phones etc.
I'm wondering about all the people that need a CPAP to stay alive while they sleep, or an oxygen generator...
The Hospital at Pine Hurst has a generator of course but how much fuel and how far do you have to go to get power to pump it?

Our gas station was overrun with people needing gas and their grill was serving nonstop yesterday.

I won't be heading to work, no power at the shop and all the businesses are without power so looting is a concern so there is a curfew.

The Harris Teeter grocery had their generator going and was giving ice away so groceries in homes don't spoil so quickly.
Local folks are firing up back yard BBQ grills so people can eat their own food and not have it go to waste.

They are hopeful that power will be back online by Thursday but how much food will be wasted in the local restaurants and homes?

There were reports of death threats because of a "drag" show at a little local theater and the power reportedly went off mid show. Coincidence?

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Can't remember where I read terrorist groups are planning to do this all across America was this a start to see how well it works who knows. But this could be the beginning of what's to come this winter hope I'm wrong.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
A bunch of whiners. We had no power for three weeks after Hurricane Laura, and it was in August, it's hot here in August.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by MarkWV
Where is FEMA…..where is the National Guard?

That was what I heard on the radio in the July 2016 flood in WV. After only 18 hours.

Given that there are drag queens and firearms involved I am sure the DoD is on it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

A buddy up in PA and I talk about this off and on.
Hit multiple grids when we have one of the arctic blasts.

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I read that one of them was shot three times, still waiting for the explanation of how three bullets can take down a substation for days. Like you said, it doesn't add up.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Riverc

Can't remember where I read terrorist groups are planning to do this all across America was this a start to see how well it works who knows. But this could be the beginning of what's to come this winter hope I'm wrong.

I read a similar article YEARS AGO outlining how easy it would be to knock out power and poison the water supply of major cities.

Not very reassuring for public safety.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

631 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,066 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,244
Posts18,447,948
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.