Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I truly regret not tripling the number of raccoons I have killed. and I can say for sure I have killed several thousand.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
that looks like a healthy well fed raccoon. Im guessing someone is feeding it? Or there is a corn field nearby.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
One of the guys that worked for a Quarry in Havre de Grace, Maryland had one bite him on his leg at 4:30Aam. He had to get the shots.. We kept on teasing him that the Raccoon died.. Never found the animal..

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by g5m
Rabies??

Just a trash panda that's been fed handouts until it lost fear of man.

I’m guessing rabies, hard to tell if the raccoon was partly paralyzed when it moved on but it seems like it coulda tore them up worse if it was firing on all it’s cylinders.

That mom rocks 😎 I hope the kid gets over it. Shots for both underway I’m sure, IIRC they ain’t in your stomache any more.

I think you're right, I've seen them fight coondogs and they can do some fighting, lightning fast and are constantly twisting clawing and biting the dogs.
No healthy wild coon could be held like that, although Mom might have had an adrenaline grip kicking in.

friend of mine grabbed one that was in battle with his dog, he said he wish he hadent, tore him up, said the coon went into a tasmanian devil mode

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I felt the urge for a 12ga and a motorboat at the same time! laugh
laugh laugh laugh

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
few years ago my wife went out to get the dog in and she starting yelling for me to help get him in as he was nose to nose with a big coon. got the dog in but holy crap it was a Hugh coon, came back in and grabbed a 22lr. went out and walked right up to him and place the muzzel below his ear, dead coon. starting putting two and two together and figured it was a tame coon that a dog boarder had and when she closed up shop she must of set it free. it was 2pm and if you see a coon during the day there has to be something wrong with it

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
My kids found one and come running in the house it was rolling on his back after coming up to them. I grab the pistol walked up to it and it was purring it’s little coon noise and I found that it had a collar so I took it home. I threw the damn thing in my wash room for the night in a dog carrier to see if we could find the owner. When I opened the door the next morning the son of a bitch destroyed the place including the carrier it cleaned the shelves peeled tile off the floor ripped the foam insulation off the plumbing. Boy was I glad to find the owner. Momma bear did good.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Coon should have reached out with a front paw and pulled her shirt down when she chucked it.

It really should have.

lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 160user, 10Glocks, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,004 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,193
Posts18,465,845
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.