Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by Huntz
Tract has 15% off anything not all ready on sale plus free shipping.Good stuff at a reasonable price.
https://tractoptics.com/riflescopes?utm_campaign=879483_Christmas%2022&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Tract%20Optics&dm_i=5GBO,IUM3,4NKTKH,22OUZ,1

Quick question, as I've never 1st hand seen a Tract. What makes this 2.5-10x42 scope any more desirable than the Meopta Optika5 2-10x42?

I've only owned 1 Meopta a 4X16X44 with dialing turrets.
It is a decent scope but the clicks are very mushy and are prone to being inadvertently turned.
The Tract Toric uses the best Schott glass. Take the turret cap off and you have a dialing turret that comes with turret zero stops to install after zeroing. Very crisp positive clicks when dialing. I also have several S&B PMll scopes and the Tracts have comparable lowlights ability and tracking, for about half the cost.

Excellent scopes

Last edited by jwp475; 12/04/22.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by raghorn
You are funny!
What are you 12?
You suck ass and attach a guy who ask a simple question he wasn’t being rude to anyone or deceitful, but you feel the need to chastise like you’re some kind of authority on something all to impress your neighbor.

Ya I’m the 12 year old that knows you are a dickhead.
Go mow your neighbors yard it’s your only move.

Last edited by Rekobeez; 12/04/22.

My sock puppet has a sock puppet!
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Doug. Guys are always trying to find the next best mouse trap. That’s the only thing I can think of.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Huntz
Tract has 15% off anything not all ready on sale plus free shipping.Good stuff at a reasonable price.
https://tractoptics.com/riflescopes?utm_campaign=879483_Christmas%2022&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Tract%20Optics&dm_i=5GBO,IUM3,4NKTKH,22OUZ,1

Quick question, as I've never 1st hand seen a Tract. What makes this 2.5-10x42 scope any more desirable than the Meopta Optika5 2-10x42?
Well Doug ,I have three Meoptas I bought from Camera Land.You might guess I like them.What is different about the Tract is built in zero stop,even on the cheaper models.They are built in Japan with Schott Glass.Lens clarity is about a wash.Meopta has more of a reticle choice.Tract has only two,but they are really good ones.I doubt if a persons choice was a Meopta or a Tract that they would be disappointed.Prices are comparable,but sometimes I like to give the little guy a break.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rekobeez
You are funny!
What are you 12?
You suck ass and attach a guy who ask a simple question he wasn’t being rude to anyone or deceitful, but you feel the need to chastise like you’re some kind of authority on something all to impress your neighbor.

I ain’t here to pat you on the back and give you a participation award.
Not here to impress either
Am here to point out how stupid it is to not know, guess, then ask for advice, then not consider advice given. All because It came from someone you don’t like cause they told you the truth and hurt your feeling
Too funny !
It is very entertaining to read though !
You gals are a hoot !
Anyways I’ll leave the yard mowing to you as we don’t do that here!

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
You are funny!
What are you 12?

I ain’t here to pat you on the back and give you a participation award.
Not here to impress either
Am here to point out how stupid it is to not know, guess, then ask for advice, then not consider advice given. All because It came from someone you don’t like cause they told you the truth and hurt your feeling
Too funny !
It is very entertaining to read though !
You gals are a hoot !
Anyways I’ll leave the yard mowing to you as we don’t do that here!

Telling someone that they should buy Chinese Junk is the farthest thing from good advice.
Now go get back on your knees and finish what you are here for.
I’m embarrassed for you,
But you know a guy. LOL.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ll leave that to you
Hold strong to that stupidity and it’ll never change!
Maybe you’ll grow out of it but I’m not holding out much hope for ya

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doug. Guys are always trying to find the next best mouse trap. That’s the only thing I can think of.

I respect the business model John at Tract put together. He was with Nikon for many years, learned where to source product and has years of experience with customer service, quality control, pricing and importing. I just don't see a difference between the scope mentioned and the Meopta Optika 5 series and since Meopta grinds their own glass as well as producing glass for others and has been around for like a hundred years why would anyone choose to get a "me too" product from a small start up for more $$$ than buying from a well established optics company. Kinda reminds me somewhat of Zen-Ray, except Zen-Ray expanded to selling direct as well as through retailers.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I’ll leave that to you
Hold strong to that stupidity and it’ll never change!
Maybe you’ll grow out of it but I’m not holding out much hope for ya

Clearly, you’ve been pat on the top of your head a couple of times and heard that.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Too bad the parallax can't be adjusted out of those Craplon's.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

The amazingly long list of simplistic things you can't do,never ceases to amaze,but rest assured that your handicaps and crossed eyes,ain't the bane of all...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,see even someone of your ilk,can "afford" to "contribute". No fhuqking wonder you gotta fhuqking steal pics. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I respect the business model John at Tract put together. He was with Nikon for many years, learned where to source product and has years of experience with customer service, quality control, pricing and importing. I just don't see a difference between the scope mentioned and the Meopta Optika 5 series and since Meopta grinds their own glass as well as producing glass for others and has been around for like a hundred years why would anyone choose to get a "me too" product from a small start up for more $$$ than buying from a well established optics company. Kinda reminds me somewhat of Zen-Ray, except Zen-Ray expanded to selling direct as well as through retailers.

To be fair, didn't you sell and highly recommend Zen-Ray at the time? Since you don't sell Tract products, maybe there's a disconnect there? Just wondering.....Tract is high quality stuff.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
To be fair, didn't you sell and highly recommend Zen-Ray at the time? Since you don't sell Tract products, maybe there's a disconnect there? Just wondering.....Tract is high quality stuff.

Yes we sold Zen-Ray. No, we did not highly recommend Zen-Ray. We told everyone the same thing about Zen-Ray "It is owned by a guy names Charles who has been in the industry a long time. He knows where to source product and offers quality products with good quality control at a lower price than major brand comparable products. The only downside is that Charles is Zen-Ray and if anything ever happens to Charles I have no idea what will happen to Zen-Ray"
Zen-Ray was around for a fairly long time, however, in October of 2018 (or 2019) Charles fell off the face of the planet. Stopped returning e-mails and his phone, including cell phone, went unanswered. He was in business one day and gone the next. This was what the possibility of a 1 man band style company like Zen-Ray is.

We do not sell Tract as Tract is strictly direct to consumer. If Tract expands and offers to retail sellers we would most likely offer his products with the same view as we did when we offered Zen-Ray. As long as the buyer is aware of what they're buying and the company they're working with all is up front and good.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yet you recommend and sell GPO products that basically mirror Tract, owners have previous optics company experience,etc. Buyers of GPO products are buying from the same business model that Tract has with the obvious exception that GPO will use dealers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yet you recommend and sell GPO products that basically mirror Tract, owners have previous optics company experience,etc. Buyers of GPO products are buying from the same business model that Tract has with the obvious exception that GPO will use dealers.

You could not be more wrong. GPO is an optics company, also formed by former optics guys from other companies but that is where the similarities end. One of the owners at GPO is an R&D engineer and designs and oversees GPO's product development. GPO sells to retailers, it is not just a direct to consumer company. GPO is a multinational company with offices in Germany and VA. If you're saying that because John at Tract worked at a known optics brand, Nikon, and the owners of GPO were also from a known optics brand, Zeiss and Swarovski, that makes them the same than I guess many of the mainstream brands are the same as Tract as many were formed by previously employed optics guys. As I stated, I respect the business model John at Tract put together, however, as opposed to GPO which is a multinational company with a deep corporate structure, Tract is more of a privately owned and operated brand. One of John from Tract's former co-workers opened up Veracity Optics when he left Nikon. He tried to make a go of it and then was offered a quality managerial position with a major optics brand and Veracity Optics disappeared. The more options available makes for a great market place and in the long run drives prices down, however, as with Zen-Rays lifetime warranty that lifetime meant Charles's lifetime apparently.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

You could not be more wrong. GPO is an optics company, also formed by former optics guys from other companies but that is where the similarities end. One of the owners at GPO is an R&D engineer and designs and oversees GPO's product development. GPO sells to retailers, it is not just a direct to consumer company. GPO is a multinational company with offices in Germany and VA. If you're saying that because John at Tract worked at a known optics brand, Nikon, and the owners of GPO were also from a known optics brand, Zeiss and Swarovski, that makes them the same than I guess many of the mainstream brands are the same as Tract as many were formed by previously employed optics guys. As I stated, I respect the business model John at Tract put together, however, as opposed to GPO which is a multinational company with a deep corporate structure, Tract is more of a privately owned and operated brand. One of John from Tract's former co-workers opened up Veracity Optics when he left Nikon. He tried to make a go of it and then was offered a quality managerial position with a major optics brand and Veracity Optics disappeared. The more options available makes for a great market place and in the long run drives prices down, however, as with Zen-Rays lifetime warranty that lifetime meant Charles's lifetime apparently.
Doug,

I think JG's point is that if you lump Tract into the "me too" small startup category, then GPO also can be categorized as such. Having offices in two different countries may make the business "multinational," but according to rocketreach, GPO has 20 employees, has $4M annual revenue, and was founded in 2015, which is certainly still in the realm of being called a small startup. In my mind, there's a much greater chance that GPO will disappear than a company like Zeiss, Leica, Leupold, etc.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As we're on the Tract rabbit trail, is the company owned by Flint Holdings?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Doug,

I think JG's point is that if you lump Tract into the "me too" small startup category, then GPO also can be categorized as such. Having offices in two different countries may make the business "multinational," but according to rocketreach, GPO has 20 employees, has $4M annual revenue, and was founded in 2015, which is certainly still in the realm of being called a small startup. In my mind, there's a much greater chance that GPO will disappear than a company like Zeiss, Leica, Leupold, etc.

Exactly. GPO sells fine products I'm sure, but they make nothing themselves, just like Tract, Maven, Bushnell, Athlon, Arken, and loads of others. Not really my idea of "multinational", and their German Precision Optics nomenclature is laughable, actually. This is not an attack on CLNY or anything close, but let's at least be objective about it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

They are both Jon at Tract.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (160user, 11point, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 69 invisible), 2,752 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,628
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.