Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Any truth to the rumor that they are moving to southern hospitable environment?

Kinda like NULA??

GB1

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
if they do move I hope they think about So Dakota, their phone mess says they are moving but no location said

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
South Dakota would make sense but way south of there is where they are supposed to land. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Why are they moving?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Why are they moving?
To get further from Missoula would be my guess.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
They are probably looking for a tax-haven, and a larger workforce they can pay lower wages. Western Montana isn't a cheap place to live any more.

Last edited by GrouseChaser; 12/06/22.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Heard they were moving to Connecticut because that is where the company that owns them produces their barrels.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
B
B
I was going to call today to check the age of a model 54 and saw the same message. I guess if they move that will make my 2 Montana made Cooper's that much more special.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Heard they were moving to Connecticut because that is where the company that owns them produces their barrels.

I seriously doubt it! The Liberals have pushed most gunmakers out of the state.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bill_N
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

I seriously doubt it! The Liberals have pushed most gunmakers out of the state.
Aren’t they in Montana? You’d think Montana is a great state to manufacture firearms.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
They are in a major regrouping it seems like. Models and variations kept disappearing off their site. The Classic and Varminter are gone. All single shot actions are discontinued. Maybe it is market demand, maybe it is cost vs. profit.

Hopefully they aren't another Kimber of Oregon story in the works.

One of their major dealers told me last week, the current order time now is 24 months. That will turn many away.

Last edited by KenMi; 12/06/22.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I sent a rifle in for some rework last winter that ended up taking 3 1/2 months. Customer service was great to deal with but I was told they're understaffed due to Covid. It's hard to replace skilled workers in any industry but maybe more so in their current location. I hope they can get back on track in the future.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KenMi
They are in a major regrouping it seems like. Models and variations kept disappearing off their site. The Classic and Varminter are gone. All single shot actions are discontinued. Maybe it is market demand, maybe it is cost vs. profit.

One of their major dealers told me last week, the current order time now is 24 months. That will turn many away.

Good, my 3 Montana Varminter SS are worth more. 👍

Swifty
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Good, my 3 Montana Varminter SS are worth more. 👍

All depends what action. They still show the MV, but only in repeaters. However, the model cutting hasn't done anything for resale prices of the single shots yet. Probably will eventually

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Yeah, I hope not. I saw a really nice Cooper 280 the other day for $1,700.00. I should have bought it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Asking prices on Coopers has gone thru the roof. Not sure if they are selling at these increased prices but they sure have gotten expensive.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Any truth to the rumor that they are moving to southern hospitable environment?

Kinda like NULA??

This is off the Cooper subject, but NULA did not move to Arkansas because of "southern hospitable environment." It's West Virginia location was working just fine--except for Melvin Forbes getting older and not wanting to work as hard. So he sold the company to Bill Wilson, owner of Wilson Combat, whose plant has been in Arkansas for years. Melvin is staying in West Virginia, and at least for now his shop will be doing service/repairs.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Not trying be pick nits, but I believe Wilson Combat is located in Berryville, Arkansas.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
"Kinda like NULA" in that the company was sold and moved to Arkansas.

And, yes, Wilson Combat is located in Arkansas.

Last edited by Marley7x57; 12/07/22.
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Now I wish I would have stopped by for a tour of the factory, I have driven by it many-many times. I thought I'd have plenty of time for a tour.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,109
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.