Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
HW100 for the win once again. Another redhead courtesy of .22 JSB Heavy

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very nice! Looks like you got a deadly accurate gun, there.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I was able to get out this afternoon over at the inlaws place where I managed to spot two squirrels just before dark. One disappeared into some pines but the other hesitated just long enough for me to pop him with an 18 grain JSB from the HW100S. Not a good photo in the dark.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Had a little time to hunt this afternoon in my woods and found another one, about a 45 yard shot. Lot's of blood from a JSB shattered head on a big male one. The HW still surprises me with how quiet it is for nearly 38 ft lbs of myzzle energy, just plikt and dead squirrel.

G
G
I haven’t been out chasing bushytails as much I as would like, but the few times I got out I had some success, the best success of all though was getting my wife into hunting and having her kill her first squirrel.

It took a her a little while to calm down after missing the first one she had in the scope, there were tears, but she managed to place a perfect headshot on the next one.

She followed that up by shooting her second through the neck. I was pretty proud of her.

When I got out next I did okay on some big ol’ fox squirrels.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
GettingTime,

Details on that full-stocked .22, please.

Thanks, RS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well done, Getting Time, too bad there is no like button.

I made my own carrier some time ago based on that design you have there.

G
G
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Well done, Getting Time, too bad there is no like button.

I made my own carrier some time ago based on that design you have there.

10Glocks, it looks like you realized something that I didn’t when you made yours, that if the carrier is too long the tails will drag. My brother made mine based off of a description I sent via text.
[img]https://imgur.com/a/UkxyvTi[/img]

He is making me a different one to combat some of the complaints I have with the design.

Last edited by GettingTime; 12/05/22.
G
G
Originally Posted by RipSnort
GettingTime,

Details on that full-stocked .22, please.

Thanks, RS

RS, this is a CZ 452 I bought a little over 15 years ago now. It’s a great shooting rifle, just have to remind myself about the backwards safety from time to time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GettingTime
He is making me a different one to combat some of the complaints I have with the design.

Yes, indeed. My first iteration was too long and that very thing happened. Hooked to my belt and the tails were down by my ankle. So I made shorter nooses and center piece. In fact, it's now not even as long as the photo I posted since I shortened the center cord even more.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Knocked off another one today with the HW100S

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Phil I really like that Weihrauch. I have an R7 myself that has accounted for many pest squirrels around the house. Always wanted a pcp gun. How are you filling it? Hand pump, bottle?

A man's got to know his limitations!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have a couple of scuba tanks and a pump. Tanks collected dust for several years but a dive shop opened up locally a few months ago so I got them serviced and back in use when I bought this rifle. I still have an Evanix AR6 Renegade PCP that I got back in 2009 that I had originally bought the tanks for but any nearby to home scuba shops went away and it got to be an expensive pain in the rear to have to drive too far to get air.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Usually the first nice day after bitter cold and a dump of snow the squirrels are out in abundance
Santa came early this year with an FX Dreamline Classic 30cal and a Nomad air compressor for PCP filling
I have a hankering for hasenpfeffer stew with squirrel instead of rabbit🦊

There is room for all of gods creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Pictures when you can!

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
CZ452 C.C.I mini mags [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Made a late afternoon hunt. I have a strip of woods parallel to a large field on the north end of my property; the field is harvested soybeans. I spotted a squirrel estimated about 100 yards away going out into the fields edge, way too far for a shot with the Weihrauch HW100S that I was carrying so I attempted sneaking closing. It spotted me as I got within around 50 yards so I sat down by a big old oak to watch for a reappearance. In a little bit it came back out, but further away. I turned the scope up to the max 16x and it ranged what looked to be 70 yards, which I knew would be 1-3/4 Mils holdover at 10x with my current zero, still a long shot. I didn't think that I could hit a head shot with the amount of wobbling that I was doing so I aimed behind the shoulder and squeezed off the shot, which struck just behind the aimpoint, breaking the spine on the exit. HW100S, .22 JSB 18.13, Hawke SF 4-16x44mm.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y'all got some nice looking rifles

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I got back home from taking my wife to the doctor and got her settled. Our sons were home and the sun was shinning. I grabbed my rifle and went out behind the house.

Christensen Arms Ranger 22lr, CCI Varmint

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I got back home from taking my wife to the doctor and got her settled. Our sons were home and the sun was shinning. I grabbed my rifle and went out behind the house.

Christensen Arms Ranger 22lr, CCI Varmint

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
442 members (300jimmy, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 38 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,022 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,932
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.