Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Looking for any suggestions on lodges in the South Dakota, North Dakota, eastern Montana, northeast Wyoming area that won't break the bank. Will be traveling from the Minneapolis area so something within a long day's drive would be appreciated. So far just a handful of people but that could change up or down a couple depending.

Thanks for any suggestions.

BP-B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have not done their PD hunt but have done others with them. First class folks.

https://sagebrushhunts.com/Prairie_Dogs.html

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have you been before? How many shooters? Are you planning the prime time? June 15th or so?

Would a hotel & a place to shoot be enough, or do you want someone to pour you a beer after the shoot?

A ‘strutted’ type chair & shooting sticks allow mobility on the prairie, I about never use a traditional bench any more.

Can the shooters walk just a little from the truck?

I’d skip the Rosebud.

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
I've shot prairie dogs in Montana long ago but the ranch has changed hands at least once since then and what contacts I had have either died or moved away.

Time of year would be June if possible, July and August are a bit crowded with fishing trips and the start of bear baiting. I can do it but my partner can't.

Shooters are at least two, maybe up to four.

Can easily get by with a motel/hotel and diner/tavern. Don't really want to pour my own beer mostly as that would mean having to buy it and keep it cool. Space will be at a premium even with two so the less I have to bring the better. Priced out a couple all inclusive type places and the cost isn't as bad as it first appears, especially as the security for firearms seems better than a motel, but it is more than what my partner probably can afford.

Already have a decent portable bench, chairs, sticks, and backpack/rests if the grass is short enough. Walking shouldn't be a problem.

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by EdM
I have not done their PD hunt but have done others with them. First class folks.

https://sagebrushhunts.com/Prairie_Dogs.html

Looks good but a little further away than we can make. Trying to do a two day hunt with a travel day on each side. Also a three person minimum and it may be just two of us.

Thanks though, it is something I'll keep in mind if a different group of buddies get the itch to shoot prairie dogs again.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
684 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 72 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,877
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.