Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Dre
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Take their total number in the population, then the number of wrongful attacks on people per year positively attributed to actual Pitbulls, and come up with a percentage of Pitbulls that wrongfully harm a human being per year. I guarantee the figure will support my statement that the overwhelming majority of Pitbulls go through their entire natural lifespans without wrongfully harming a human being.
I never hear that lab or golden retriever mauled a baby, mom, grandma or someone else’s pet to death. But a certain breed of dog seems to come up and be more responsible than any other.
Facts

A buddy of mine growing up had their family dog (Labrador) maul the face of his little brother. The dog was kept on a chain and likely stayed frustrated. You could tell that dog hated being on a chain. Pretty rough situation.

Last edited by wilkeshunter; 12/05/22.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by wbyfan1
That's too bad. As much as I hate Coyote's..I hate Pit's even more. Worthless animals.

I'm with ya

more respect for a "Yote than some fuggin pitbull

Let the flames begin

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Should have shot them both

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by wbyfan1
That's too bad. As much as I hate Coyote's..I hate Pit's even more. Worthless animals.

I'm with ya

more respect for a "Yote than some fuggin pitbull

Let the flames begin
They won’t hold it against you.
https://www.timesnownews.com/amp/th...-was-scared-of-him-hailed-as-hero/524339

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Kind of reminds me of Russia and Ukraine. Hard to vote for either side and sickening to watch.

Pitbulls are devastating and I'm really tired of neighbors that let theirs run free in a neighborhood full of kids. They are always an honor student and an eagle scout until the day they finally aren't and then the results are devastating.

I shot a coyote once and it got back up with a hole through it you could see daylight through. Then the neighbors pit bulls came after it and it stood its ground for a while with not much for lungs left. When it ended I was kicking myself in the butt thinking I should have killed the pit bulls too.

A few weeks later the pits came after me on a county road as I road my 4 wheeler by. I went home and threw the lcrx 38 with a cylinder full of 130g hsts in my pocket and went for another ride. Luckily for them the owner had them locked back up on my second drive by.

I'm a dog lover but as a father of young kids I can't abide pit bulls running wild and acting aggressive. I see them as bullet test media at that point.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 12/05/22.
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Problem is by being present and encouraging/ facilitating that he is conditioning that dog to fight and attack. Next time it might be the beagle down the street, the time after that so kids

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Coyotes

are a target of opportunity in most cases

You may have Glock 9mm........Salvage 223.......or a Barrett 50

kill 'em........

save a fawn or calf

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A coyote just happened to attack a guy and his buddy who just happened to have a pit bull wearing a protective collar handy.

Then they calmly filmed the pit chewing on said coyote for an extended period of time.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Most pitbull owners can be found at your local carnival wearing a white wife beater. While dragging his hound around with a log chain. Sorry ass dogs and people for the majority

Last edited by rickmenefee; 12/05/22.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by DaveR
Not much care for coyotes, they are certainly a target to be engaged at every opportunity, but if the owner had the ability to get the pit off and dispatch it safely, that's what he should have done, IMO.

As for pits, I look at it like this. They account for roughly 6% of all owned dogs in the US. They account for 65% of deaths by dog attack.

Let's say there is an automobile model that is fairly popular, and accounts for 6% of all vehicles on the road. Most people never experience a problem with them and they they are "wonderful, gentle" cars. But that car is responsible for 65% of all automobile deaths. Would you put your family in a car which 6% of the country owned, but yet was responsible for 65% of traffic fatalities? I sure as chit wouldn't.

Going by logic like this, we should ban AR-15s too.

IC B3

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Not much care for coyotes, they are certainly a target to be engaged at every opportunity, but if the owner had the ability to get the pit off and dispatch it safely, that's what he should have done, IMO.

As for pits, I look at it like this. They account for roughly 6% of all owned dogs in the US. They account for 65% of deaths by dog attack.

Let's say there is an automobile model that is fairly popular, and accounts for 6% of all vehicles on the road. Most people never experience a problem with them and they they are "wonderful, gentle" cars. But that car is responsible for 65% of all automobile deaths. Would you put your family in a car which 6% of the country owned, but yet was responsible for 65% of traffic fatalities? I sure as chit wouldn't.

I dont see how you figure. Ar 15s account for a small fraction of firearms deaths. Ulplug your talmudvision.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah

I dont see how you figure. Ar 15s account for a small fraction of firearms deaths. Ulplug your talmudvision.

Most school shootings are perpetrated with ARs.

My point is that as Americans we should support freedom AND responsibility. The dog breed isn’t the problem, it’s the owners. I think if your dog attacks someone, you should be held liable. As the owner of a pitbull, I will be the first to say that they aren’t for everyone. If my dog had been raised by my parents, she would be a completely different and probably dangerous animal. Pits need a strong pack leader. All dogs benefit from that, but the pit has the potential to do great damage. My mom’s beagle is a damn terrorist. It’s a good thing it’s dumb as hell and relatively harmless.

I think ARs are great; I own a few. But I wouldn’t want a thug with a pitbull chained up by their front door to have one.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've dealt with a lot of dogs from many different breeds over the years. Big dogs with big attitudes, little dogs with big attitudes. It's pit bull's sheer strength of their bite that makes them a statistic, but other large breeds such as German Shepherds account for a greater share of bites, injuries, and deaths that their proportional makeup as well. I've got 2 small scars from dog bites, they came from small dogs not from big dogs. YMMV

NRA Benefactor Member
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

AR-15s don't go off on their own.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole

AR-15s don't go off on their own.

An emotional response in defense of an indefensible position. As per always when it comes to ghetto trash dogs.

MAGA
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah

Most school shootings are perpetrated with ARs.

My point is that as Americans we should support freedom AND responsibility. The dog breed isn’t the problem, it’s the owners. I think if your dog attacks someone, you should be held liable. As the owner of a pitbull, I will be the first to say that they aren’t for everyone. If my dog had been raised by my parents, she would be a completely different and probably dangerous animal. Pits need a strong pack leader. All dogs benefit from that, but the pit has the potential to do great damage. My mom’s beagle is a damn terrorist. It’s a good thing it’s dumb as hell and relatively harmless.

I think ARs are great; I own a few. But I wouldn’t want a thug with a pitbull chained up by their front door to have one.

Most high profile school shooting are perpetrated with ars maybe. Afterall, the media has an agenda to push. Still, ars account for a small fraction of gun violence.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

I'm a dog lover but as a father of young kids I can't abide pit bulls running wild and acting aggressive. I see them as bullet test media at that point.

Bb

I'm not a fan of any dogs running wild and acting aggressive.

A long time ago when I had a paper route I had to educate a few about who not to mess with when he passed by.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Means and methods?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
One educational tool was a homemade, overgrown version of a nunchuck. When the errant canine came alongside the bicycle to get his pound of flesh, a looping swing polo mallet style would get their attention.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Means and methods?

either a + or an x hacksawed on the 220 gr RN bullet in '06 (depends how you hold it)

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

294 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 16penny, 2ndwind, 204guy, 1minute, 38 invisible), 2,341 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,168
Posts18,465,353
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.