Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Adding hitch and lift kit to Cherokee Trailhawk after winter. Bout the only work I can do on it.

Have driven and worked on beaters for decades.
Am done w that crap.

Might get one for a toy, but not for daily driving. Nope.
Fairly new w warranty.

Kids GM, had to remove fascia to change headlight bulb. WTF.
Wiper switch dead on 2004 GC. Hidden on frame rail, had to remove bumper fascia for that. I said fuggit and popped ligjt out and made access hole.from.top.

Way easier.

Last edited by hookeye; 12/05/22.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Hire a mechanic.

The American farmer….self reliant, ingenious, risk taker, fearless, not easily defeated by calamity….

but hires a mechanic to change a car headlight
Hey. Some of them dang things you have to remove half of the front clip

201? Impala or Malibu comes to mind.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 12/05/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Hire a mechanic.

The American farmer….self reliant, ingenious, risk taker, fearless, not easily defeated by calamity….

Hey. Some of them dang things you have to remove half of the front clip

201? Impala or Malibu comes to mind.

Yup, Mailbu, what my oldest had.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Got a 2011 motorhome sitting out here the innanet says I should replace the spark plugs on that v 10 or one day she might decide to change them herself.
E 450. There isn't room for two mice to pass there in spots. That performance is going to get hired out

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Salty303
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Wife's 2018 Escape she rolls in with no low beams. No prob Lordco's only 4 blocks away. I'd sum the rest up about this way

Pros-
Didn't need any tools
No alignment issues no mo so I got that going for me

Cons-
My chubby meat hooks just barely fit into the corner to pop the cover and release the bulb assembly. I gave blood today
No hope of seeing in there so aligning the push and turn assembly takes 13 tries. See above-chubby meat hooks
I forgot how anal you have to be to not touch the halogen bulb. Blew one up for finger grease... back to Lordco
The coolant reservoir need to come out to get at passenger side, no tools, but thought for sure I was going to break plastic its cold out there.

I sure miss my 66 Chev

Salty ?

how the hell ya been ?

wanna see a pic of my new Landcruiser ?

A new one? Sure long as I don't have to change the light bulbs. haha

no not a new one.........

hell 1-2 YO and they're still $98K

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hire a mechanic.

It's called, picking your battles.

Last edited by DryPowder; 12/05/22.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a 99 Suburban, brake lights don't work. Diagnosis points to the Multi Function Switch <lots of systems use this device, brake lights, turns, hazards, wipers, cruise control, etc> that is in the steer column. Real mf'er to remove/replace. Maybe next spring I'll tackle this. Or not.

GOA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rattlesnake came in the other day and said the low beams were out on the headlights. Ok, I'll check it out. Looked at fuses and there are 4.... 1 for each high beam and 1 for each low beam, but they all tested good. Ok, pulled a bulb and checked power at the socket and sure enough, no power to one side of he bulb. Pulled one of the low beam fuses and there was no power to it. Must be the switch.... $189 later and changing the switch didn't fix the problem. Ok, time for utube..... found out there is a low beam relay (that's not labeled in the fuse/relay box or the book) and since I dont have fog lights, I swtched the two relays. Now I got power to the fuses and power to the bulb sockets. Put my bulbs back in and found I had one low beam bulb that was bad. Took the switch back and bought 2 bulbs. Took 1/2 the day, but it's fixed.

Forgot to mention that while trying to pull out a fuse I ruined it. Since I dont have DTR lights, I used that one to replace it.

Last edited by Oldman03; 12/05/22.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Got a 2011 motorhome sitting out here the innanet says I should replace the spark plugs on that v 10 or one day she might decide to change them herself.
E 450. There isn't room for two mice to pass there in spots. That performance is going to get hired out

I’ve done the Super Duty v10 plugs twice, back two are a doodle, used a shop vac with an improvised “heater hose extension” to sucked any acorns, debris deep inside the plug well before unscrewing the sparkplug. Buy a caulk tube of dielectric grease when reassembling.

Took me allll day to do it but the dealership wanted $600+ And that was before JoeFlation

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DryPowder
Hire a mechanic.

I pick em every day

I rarely hire anything out, I have lots of smart friends if I get into a pinch and they have me to reciprocate. My buds don’t forget favors.
Nice to have a bud put a new 3-1/2 ton heat pump in for me while I was in the hospital for a week.
For only unit cost, and ran thru my account on my EPA card.

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Easiest I ever changed out a headlamp in - was "The Warden"s 07 GMC 2500HD.
2 pins, and the assembly came out into your hands. Twist lamp connector out, replace bulb, and reverse process.
Ten minutes max - the second and subsequent times. Took a while to figure it out, initially. laugh

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some are simple, like my 2014 Hyundai and 1999 Mustang that I used to have. Some are a pain. I had to change the bulbs in a Chevy Malibu that our daughter had and that was hard going, especially on the drivers side.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Ok…

What’s a Lordco?

That like a Menards??

What’s a “‘meenards”
Like a Homey Dippot. Sells the same over-priced cheap chit -and they don't have enough of it. Just shopped 4 stores in Wisconsin 2 months ago to find enough materials for one lousy not large dog fence for my son's yard. But all the Christmas crap was out on the floor.

After the job was done, I found the same stuff - more than I initially needed- at a farm and feed store in Chippawa Falls, only less expensive.

Last edited by las; 12/05/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mark shubert
2 pins, and the assembly came out into your hands. Twist lamp connector out, replace bulb, and reverse process.
Ten minutes max - the second and subsequent times. Took a while to figure it out, initially. laugh
That was one of GMs better ideas. All the bulbs on the trucks of that era are simple to change.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Brilliant tool to own for new car repairs...

TRUST ME!

https://www.harborfreight.com/zr-pr...scanner-factory-reconditioned-57917.html

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I’ve done the Super Duty v10 plugs twice, back two are a doodle, used a shop vac with an improvised “heater hose extension” to sucked any acorns, debris deep inside the plug well before unscrewing the sparkplug. Buy a caulk tube of dielectric grease when reassembling.

Took me allll day to do it but the dealership wanted $600+ And that was before JoeFlation

I have a friend that had a truck with the v10 and he said the same thing about changing the plugs.

Worse I ever helped with was a 327 in a late 60's model vette. Nightmare changing the plugs.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Hire a mechanic.

Helluva farmer.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DryPowder
Hire a mechanic.

I pick em every day

I rarely hire anything out, I have lots of smart friends if I get into a pinch and they have me to reciprocate. My buds don’t forget favors.
Nice to have a bud put a new 3-1/2 ton heat pump in for me while I was in the hospital for a week.
For only unit cost, and ran thru my account on my EPA card.

That was an example of my dry witted sarcasm.

If changing a bulb isn't a hill your willing to die on, the bar isn't very high.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mark shubert

Same/same on our 04 T'hoe

But changing plugs on my 99 Frontier is a different beast altogether.
We had the damdest set of extensions put together to get the back two out.
Was almost to the point of pulling the dash and getting the drill out.

FJB & FJT
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
A crack mechanic had a hard time changing spark plugs on our 2016 F150.

$500 was cheap!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,610
Posts18,454,896
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.