No pictures, just remetberin'

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Sure do. We use to make rabbit boxes out of them for the does when they gave birth to little ones. There must have been two dozen laying around when I left home in 64. Wonder where they all went.

I still have one that Dad made a neat little seat of. He put a cushion on top that comes off for storage and painted the wood red and the metal bandings black. I might take a photo of it tomorrow and post it.

I have a Winchester wood box that ammo came in and a Hercules dynamite box. Dad was a shooter in the coal mines.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't. First memory of my Dad buying staples was out of the big rotating bins at the local Farmers Union. We always had 3 lengths, short staples for the iron hard old badlands cedar posts, the normal length for most posts, and 1 75" for the soft old split posts that didn't want to hold a staple.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks men, If I can get back the picture load thing back, I'll show a concrete pillar a keg was used as a form.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Before pallets, barrels kegs, could be rolled into place.

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Here is the little seat my dad made that I mentioned.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Cool! Of all the odd stuff I've saved, non of those.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have a shoe lathe ( is that the correct name) for home repair of soles and heels with 3 different sizes. Several irons that were set on wood stoves to heat for ironing clothes, carbide lanterns, railroad lanterns, oil lantern for lighting street lights. Lot of old hand tools like bit and brace,bucksaws. All my father used

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I have a shoe lathe ( is that the correct name) for home repair of soles and heels with 3 different sizes. Several irons that were set on wood stoves to heat for ironing clothes, carbide lanterns, railroad lanterns, oil lantern for lighting street lights. Lot of old hand tools like bit and brace,bucksaws. All my father used

Yep. Lots of GrandDad’s and Great GranDad’s stuff like that still hanging in the barn. Still have both of their saddles too. And two of my Great GrandDad’s Mule Drawn single row plows. And wagon harnesses and reins for a 4 horse or mule team.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 12/05/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by saddlesore

Yep. Lots of GrandDad’s and Great GranDad’s stuff like that still hanging in the barn. Still have both of their saddles too. And two of my Great GrandDad’s Mule Drawn single row plows. And wagon harnesses and reins for a 4 horse or mule team.

You ought to get that stuff down and get it oiled.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Used to have one of those old nail kegs, but have no idea what happened to it over the years. I can remember seeing nails in them, but that was long, long ago.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Still have several old wooden kegs of nails.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 54 invisible), 2,987 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.