Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I recently started using the MudFlap app for purchasing diesel fuel. I paid $4.319/gallon on my last fill up (Saturday in Michigan).

MudFlap set out to pool the buying power of owner operators negotiating discounts with independently owned truck stops and stations with access for commercial vehicles. You don't have to be a trucker to use the app and receive the discount. Savings aren't always this big, but for the last few weeks they've been huge. Rack prices must be falling despite posted pump prices.

Either way. I highly recommend this app.

You pay through MudFlap. Signup is simple. There's a map showing stations and the discounted price.

I got MudFlap from the App Store.

if you sign up use the referral code: br3a29

Last edited by kingston; 12/06/22. Reason: added referral code

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Some of today's prices with MudFlap.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
the cheapest diesel here is Walmart at 5.69. Mudflap has a station at 4.68. It's a little out of the way but if I need 20 gal, that's $20.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I wish I'd had know about this sooner. I could have saved a pile of money over the last few years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mudflap is real. Still a little sparse here out west, but the discounts are almost as much as I get with my trucking association membership.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's almost non-existent in OR. We get over to Winchester Bay once in a while. Once you leave Idaho, the only station anywhere near that route is in Eugene and it's PUC only. I'm not a trucker and don't have their PUC card. We also get to the Tacoma area on occasion. There are some good prices in that direction.

― George Orwell

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Is there a way to make it work without sending a picture of your id? Not sure if it even works up here.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I didn't have to send a picture of my ID. I just signed up and added a Credit Card for payment.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I just checked and there are no stations listed in Alaska.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
the cheapest diesel here is Walmart at 5.69. Mudflap has a station at 4.68. It's a little out of the way but if I need 20 gal, that's $20.
Walmart must have read my post. Today they dropped it from 5.69 to 4.99. Still .30 higher than the Mudflap station, though.

― George Orwell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It asked me for my ID as well... and I'm not comfortable giving that out to a fuel app. It already has my name, phone number and email address.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I use Dino App. You sign up attach a card, 10 cents /Gal discount. If you get the Sinclair card ,another 10 cents. I think mud flap is good ,depending where you are.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Are there many participating stations in the Louisville Or Cincy areas?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
It asked me for my ID as well... and I'm not comfortable giving that out to a fuel app. It already has my name, phone number and email address.

iOS or ???

I did not have to provide my ID to proceed. Can you skip that step?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
IOS won't ask for your ID but you'll have to text them a photo of it before they'll set up your account.

We have 1 Mudflap station here. Their price today is 3.64. That's $1.85 lower than the average here. Walmart is the cheapest at 4.99.
I just bought 10.5 gal, about $38. They billed my card $250, than an hour later they credited back $212. I don't know their reasoning for that.

― George Orwell

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
IOS won't ask for your ID but you'll have to text them a photo of it before they'll set up your account.

We have 1 Mudflap station here. Their price today is 3.64. That's $1.85 lower than the average here. Walmart is the cheapest at 4.99.
I just bought 10.5 gal, about $38. They billed my card $250, than an hour later they credited back $212. I don't know their reasoning for that.

This is the same process anytime you use your CC to pay for fuel at the pump. Your card is preauthorized for their maximum per cycle transaction(this amount varies usually by station). You don't normally see it, because you're not looking for it.

You should have gotten $10 in free fuel added to your account if you used the referral code: br3a29

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Grumman
Are there many participating stations in the Louisville Or Cincy areas?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I checked my fleet discount on Monday, and the participating trucks too (travelers oasis) was at $3.63. $3.52 today. That’s $2 (a little over, actually) off the posted retail price.

Normally the spread is not nearly that large, but prices are “sticky” on the way down.

Does show Mudflap is legitimate and competitive with a commercial fleet consortium price.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK

iOS or ???

I did not have to provide my ID to proceed. Can you skip that step?

It finally allowed me to bypass it, but will not give me codes without both sides of my ID and a selfie. I've talked to half a dozen of the twits that work there and they refuse to provide their privacy policy or let me talk to anyone with half a brain. I've talked/texted with a few cants that knew nothing except circle logic... no matter how much sense and reasonable arguments I made, they only became more bitter and emboldened in ineptitude. My privacy is worth more than $1 a gallon. They have told me for over a month now that a supervisor would contact me, but every time I call in it's the same old bitter cants.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
749 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 87 invisible), 2,790 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,400,027
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.