Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Like the title says, Are there any scope brands that haven't outsourced to China?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All Sightron scope are either Philippines or Japan. Nightforce, Swarovski, Leica and Kahles don't make anything in China. The majority of Meopta is made either in the Czech Republic or assembled here in the USA

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I asked Doug pretty much exactly this... a few years ago.

As I understand it (anyone is welcome to correct me where I am wrong)...

There are zero lens makers in the USA (except for NASA type stuff).

Everything is "Pacific Rim" as Doug put it... or Europe.

With that said... the technology to make a good lens is pretty amazing. And the Quality +/- of those lens is built to a price point for the US Consumer.

i.e. better glass, better grinding, better polishing, better coatings, better assembly... simply costs more.

Pacific Rim includes The Philippines, China, Japan et al.

Scopes are built to Specifications... Better Specs simply cost more.

Leupold and Nightforce assemble their optics here in the USA... Labor costs more, but the lens are Specified "Pacific Rim" glass.

Again, I welcome correction to any misstatement I have made.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As far as I know Swarovski still makes there own lenses in Austria. Some other manufactures use ag shot glass made in germany.

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
IOR riflescopes imported by Valdada in Texas are made in Romania and use German Schott glass.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by azelkhuntr
As far as I know Swarovski still makes there own lenses in Austria. Some other manufactures use ag shot glass made in germany.

No. They buy their glass from SCHott .

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
March Scopes are Japanese Not Chinese

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Vortex make the AMG completely in their plant in WI. One piece of etched glass for the reticle is not made in the US, but it is not made in China.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Several companies source their scopes from Japan.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
then you have like Burris that has Scopes made in at least three different places and you have to learn the line of Scopes to learn which ones are made china, philippines, Us . names I haven't seen mentioned were Leupold and Steiner and I think Leopold some of the models are Chinese made nowadays.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldholton
then you have like Burris that has Scopes made in at least three different places and you have to learn the line of Scopes to learn which ones are made china, philippines, Us . names I haven't seen mentioned were Leupold and Steiner and I think Leopold some of the models are Chinese made nowadays.

Like most thing you are wrong yet again.

All Leupold scopes are made in the USA.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 12/06/22.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Leupold.

Redfield, before 2020?

One Vortex Scope, AMG.

No Nightforce scopes?

Wish there were others but all the replies above all talk about foreign made scopes. I think 50% or more by the value of the parts, plus assembly is how I would define " Made in USA".

God Bless America
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
All Sightron scope are either Philippines or Japan. Nightforce, Swarovski, Leica and Kahles don't make anything in China. The majority of Meopta is made either in the Czech Republic or assembled here in the USA
Doug ,

What are the Meopta exceptions to being made or assembled in the USA or CR?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
]
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Ever figure out COO details?
All Meopta's are assembled in Czech Republic

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Where's the like button,?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

you're quite the smart mouth aren't you you don't really want to meet people in person. but The rifleman show me where all the parts are made. designed and assembled in does not mean parts from...

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

and if I am an error on this and the post above I will apologize to the world people make mistakes. so also be my last address to your name because you are not a person that matters. and if you're trying to be a representative for Leupold they should really know this because you are a piss for representative of that with your mouth and attitude and your track record from the past.. your Christmas present should be AA and Jenny Craig

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Then why can't they stamp "Made in the USA" on them?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Leupold employs several hundred Americanish Oregonians building scopes, for real. Better to bash other companies in this regard. Leupold did have the Redfield Revenge line made in China though, after hyping up the Made in the USA Revolution.... And some bins, spotters, rangefinders and other chit are certainly Chinky. So yeah, fuuckem for that.

See the list of zero China products? That's notable. Hmmm. What do those companies have?

Good stuff 👍

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (5sdad, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 29 invisible), 1,927 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,493
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.