Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
My Howa 1500 shot well (under 3/4") with 44.0 grains of Reloader 22 and the Nosler 95 Ballistic Tip. Average velocity out of my 22" barrel was 3077 fps.

Not a screamer by any means, however, I'm betting with this bullet and velocity it should work well on the Alabama deer I'll be hunting.
That will work great all the way up to 400 yards plus

Don't let azzholio tell you different

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ihookem
But Stick, what difference does it make?? Does any do any more than the .223 Rem, or the 22-250?? I doubt it and I think you will agree, so why bother. My .223 is fine , my .243 Win. blew the front shoulders out of a buck the other day, went through the heart and almost tore it in half , with a Remington 100 gr. bullet I bought for $10.50/100 pack 10 yrs ago. Do I need anything more? The answer is no. Ya Ya, you will say the Core-loc is an epic POS. ,... but they always worked just fine.

Have done just that,many many times,with 22 Hornet/KHorn'...the two chamberings furthest to the left of frame and never more than 14grs of powder. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Schtick's Reply:

BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah... Burp, FART... Pass out Drunk, face first in barf and dog schitt...

it ain't easy being Schtick....he'll come to, before Dec 1.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon reality,you CLULESS Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You Brokedick Whiners are a hoot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Mission Accomplished.....

Why is your daughter's deer always BiGGER than the ones you post that you killed, killer??

Conclusion? She's the real hunter in the family....

And her rifle isn't laying in a stream while she takes the heroine pic

What ever you got, must skip every other generation....

Ain't easy being Schtick, is it Stumpy?

Kudos for the cute kid tho.... musta taken after mom.... smile

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

It is HILARIOUS that your Opiate Addled Brokedicktidue,can conjure that your being a CLUELESS Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit is a "mission",as opposed to a plight...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I probably shoulda' mentioned 17's too. Hint.

As an aside,do not forget to quantify,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. You Professional Victims are a hoot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JamesJr
A 243 is better than any load you can shoot out of a 223.

Yeah... no.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Call anything you want, but the 243 is a better choice for deer than a 223......and it's not even arguable.

Well since there are several that disagree with you. That in fact makes it arguable.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by steveredd1
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
A 243 is better than any load you can shoot out of a 223.
I'm going to go ahead and call bullshiit on this comment. And I'll go further and claim you're talking out of your ass.

As to the OP's question, it sounds like you've got a damn near perfect deer load there.

Call anything you want, but the 243 is a better choice for deer than a 223......and it's not even arguable.

+1 I killed alot of deer with a 223 and 65gr Sierra but the 85gr hpbt out of a 243 is better

Yep, some of us know.

Just not much.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
My Howa 1500 shot well (under 3/4") with 44.0 grains of Reloader 22 and the Nosler 95 Ballistic Tip. Average velocity out of my 22" barrel was 3077 fps.

Not a screamer by any means, however, I'm betting with this bullet and velocity it should work well on the Alabama deer I'll be hunting.

Where the heck are you finding R22. That's what I want to know!!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone

Well since there are several that disagree with you. That in fact makes it arguable.

Only because you choose it to be. I'll say it once again, the 243 is a better choice for deer hunting than ANY 223. That's not to say that the 223 won't work, and I know it will because I've killed deer with a 223.............but I've also killed them with a 22LR. Does that mean that a 22 rimfire is a good choice, of course not. If a person want's to use a 223 for deer, I could care less, but I just happen to believe there are better choices available.

By the way, I personally think there are much better choices than a 243, as IMO it should be considered the bare minimum cartridge allowed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Clueless Drooling DUMB Fhuqks,fixate headstamps. Folks who actually shoot,factor bullets. Why?!? Because NOTHING matters more than bullets. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Fhuqktards are quick to "think" their gross inabilities,are the bane of all...which they sure as the fhuqk ain't. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shoot what you like and blow them off. There is no right or wrong answer if the chambering works and the 243 does.

I have killed Antelope out to over 450 yards with a 416 Bee. Why????? because that is what I wanted to use on that day.
Did not need a 41 caliber or 120 gr of powder to do it? Heck no! So what?

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Only because you choose it to be. I'll say it once again, the 243 is a better choice for deer hunting than ANY 223. That's not to say that the 223 won't work, and I know it will because I've killed deer with a 223.............but I've also killed them with a 22LR. Does that mean that a 22 rimfire is a good choice, of course not. If a person want's to use a 223 for deer, I could care less, but I just happen to believe there are better choices available.

By the way, I personally think there are much better choices than a 243, as IMO it should be considered the bare minimum cartridge allowed.
The key here is your belief. And nobody gives a fuuck. Your beliefs don't define reality, and the fact that you have a belief that you can't even argue is even funnier than you not grasping the difference between reality and your beliefs.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

The key here is your belief. And nobody gives a fuuck. Your beliefs don't define reality, and the fact that you have a belief that you can't even argue is even funnier than you not grasping the difference between reality and your beliefs.

He doesn't get it...not surprised.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
A 103 ELD-X in a .243ai is a piss poor choice for deer. Use a Barnes or Hammer and you'll be good to go.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
A 103 ELD-X in a .243ai is a piss poor choice for deer. Use a Barnes or Hammer and you'll be good to go.
Why do you say that, TrueGrit? If the 243AI is twisted right it should be a fine bullet. I have seen it do some fantastic killing on deer of all sizes from my buddy's 6mm Creedmoor; penetrate and exit kills, not "blow up" kills. With the right twist the 243 AI is a slightly more powerful cartridge.

And to the OP, let me pile on and say your 95 BT load will be just great for deer. I wouldn't change a thing.

Rex

Last edited by TRexF16; 12/04/22.
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I dont hunt much with my .243 Win. anymore because now I'm mostly stuck hunting big fields and shots past 200 in a stiff wind can be tuff with a .243 Win. especially with a short barreled manlicher stocked Sako like mine.

I like the Nosler Partitions 95 or 100 grain....they will shoot end to end on a big deer. If ever a cartridge needed Particians it's a .243 Win.

I shot a nice buck running almost dead away up a power line hill and hit him back behind his shoulder on his right side close to his spine. The bullet stopped in his Adam's apple and weighed over 90 grains...at first I thought he had a golf ball size tumor in his Adam's apple.

I shot another nice buck with it about 80 yards in the woods when he turned to walk away I hit him in front of his hind quarter on his left side it exited in front of his right shoulder.

I've shot a few deer at distance with my .243 Win, (200 to 250 yards) all with Partitions....pin hole going in dime size hole coming out through both shoulders.

If you need penetration the Nosler Partition can give it to you in a .243 Win.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
100gr 6mm Nosler Partitions were - are hard to come by the last few years, that's my .243 bullet of choice. The 6mm ELD-X and ELD-M shoot so good in my rifles that I hated to give up on them. But I can't get them to completely penetrate on deer or coyotes. The ELD-X is now my long range varmint round.

Life is good live it while you can.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
100gr 6mm Nosler Partitions were - are hard to come by the last few years, that's my .243 bullet of choice. The 6mm ELD-X and ELD-M shoot so good in my rifles that I hated to give up on them. But I can't get them to completely penetrate on deer or coyotes. The ELD-X is now my long range varmint round.
I've had the same experience with 103 ELD-X. Seems pretty fragile. About like the 105 AMAX. Things have died, but it wasn't ideal. I've had better experiences from cup & core 223 bullets on deer. They've all exited.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

378 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,606 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,014
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.