Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Like I said. A cult.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Which you added unedited and then called me a liar...Azzhole

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Originally Posted by rusty75
Looking to buy myself a nice multi purpose hunting knife.
Prefer a compact to midsize fixed blade.
Primary uses:
Breasting waterfowl and cleaning other small game
Gutting white tails
Misc hunting related chores
Considering a helle or bill Moran spyderco, but may be able to get a handmade knife in that range of $150 or below.
Any suggestions?

I had several suggestions after reading this before boarding a plane last night...

But!: A really good friend and knife aficionado sent me a text that Amazon has the Cold Steel Mini Lloyd Pendelton Hunter in DLC coated CPM 3V for $65... These are $120 MSRP and normally street priced at $95 on the big knife websites. I wholeheartedly suggest you grab one and bank the other $85 to apply to a custom lifetime knife by getting on the books of a custom maker you REALLY want.

I ordered 3 for Christmas presents...deal of the season: Amazon Pendelton Mini

Forgetting the dink shooting "expert" Canuck, this bears looking at again...

Hopefully we're cleared to taxi soon. I'm tired.

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Which you added unedited and then called me a liar...Azzhole

I thought it was mean. You haven’t left yet. Liar.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by rusty75
Looking to buy myself a nice multi purpose hunting knife.
Prefer a compact to midsize fixed blade.
Primary uses:
Breasting waterfowl and cleaning other small game
Gutting white tails
Misc hunting related chores
Considering a helle or bill Moran spyderco, but may be able to get a handmade knife in that range of $150 or below.
Any suggestions?

I had several suggestions after reading this before boarding a plane last night...

But!: A really good friend and knife aficionado sent me a text that Amazon has the Cold Steel Mini Lloyd Pendelton Hunter in DLC coated CPM 3V for $65... These are $120 MSRP and normally street priced at $95 on the big knife websites. I wholeheartedly suggest you grab one and bank the other $85 to apply to a custom lifetime knife by getting on the books of a custom maker you REALLY want.

I ordered 3 for Christmas presents...deal of the season: Amazon Pendelton Mini

Forgetting the dink shooting "expert" Canuck, this bears looking at again...

Hopefully we're cleared to taxi soon. I'm tired.

Tired of lying? I’m tired of it too.

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
A couple of dinks for your journey.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

What a clown

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
LOTS more where these came from.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Hey Rusty,

Get in touch with Mr Tim Olt (Michiganroadkill) on here. I had a chance to visit with him this past summer and he had several knives on hand that may be of interest to you. Maybe that has changed as its been 6 months or so. Also take a look at his Michigan Slim pattern.I think it may be just what your looking for. Good luck in your search.

TK

Last edited by hitman; 12/11/22.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
This knife would be excellent. You can buy now.

https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/products/1047660/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reminds me of the old saying, "There's more than one way to skin a cat."

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
First, to Rusty75, I'm sorry your post is getting sidetracked. I hope you end up with a knife that is just what you were looking for.

Rusty75 came on here and made a very specific request for a knife and wanted to stay under $150.

The very first post pathfinder76 made was to tell Rusty75 to up his budget and get a $300 knife.
The last post above from pathfinder 76 suggested a buy now $275 knife.

Maybe I'm judging pathfinder76 wrongly, but it seems to me that in between the 2 posts I cited, about all he has done is go off topic, stomp on Rusty75's post, and come across as someone far different than the character and manners of my friends. And, yes some of my friends are here on the campfire. Sorry, but I can not get used to this kind of behavior, nor do I want to.

If baffles me why people just can not pm someone they disagree with (especially when they make it personal) and just have a private conversation with that person and let the rest of us be ignorant of the ignorance.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Hold on. My suggestion was to stretch his budget and I gave the reason for it. If you or anyone else finds that offensive go somewhere else. Seriously. Are we that entitled to think that a discussion should remain within a certain set of parameters? Really? Are we also so fragile that disagreeing with someone’s approach to something creates so much anger that we start hurling personal insults? Give me a break.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Yet your Crotts and Dozier are based on it...

With a better blade length and handle yes.

Great reply! Kudos...

Give Tom Krein the credit he deserves for that...

I could give a chit who makes one. I use one

HA...knew you are a poseur... Come across all big time [bleep] expert and don't even know the history...

Got a clue for you pal...

Some of us use more than "one" to MULTITUDES of what your dripping little "experience" is...

I did almost 170 red deer on the Scots cull this year with a Mora Companion.

I also have the knife you "think" your semi is based on...Loveless Semi...which isn't even CLOSE!
Also, the Crooked Skinner which is closer...
The closest, I don't have, is the Parke skinner of which only 3 dozen were made.

So...[bleep]..go back to school and quit coming across so degradingly to some of the best guys on this website with more knife experience than you'll ever have...

Dickhead

In case anyone has forgotten.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rd7fox
First, to Rusty75, I'm sorry your post is getting sidetracked. I hope you end up with a knife that is just what you were looking for.

Rusty75 came on here and made a very specific request for a knife and wanted to stay under $150.

The very first post pathfinder76 made was to tell Rusty75 to up his budget and get a $300 knife.
The last post above from pathfinder 76 suggested a buy now $275 knife.

Maybe I'm judging pathfinder76 wrongly, but it seems to me that in between the 2 posts I cited, about all he has done is go off topic, stomp on Rusty75's post, and come across as someone far different than the character and manners of my friends. And, yes some of my friends are here on the campfire. Sorry, but I can not get used to this kind of behavior, nor do I want to.

If baffles me why people just can not pm someone they disagree with (especially when they make it personal) and just have a private conversation with that person and let the rest of us be ignorant of the ignorance.

MontanaCreekHunter ( or whatever it was) would do the same thing.

Highest $$$ doesnt always equal best.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
That’s why I’m shocked at the vitriol over a $300 knife. That is the whole point. For a relatively insignificant budget increase you can return significantly better. On an asset that will last 50 years.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That’s why I’m shocked at the vitriol over a $300 knife. That is the whole point. For a relatively insignificant budget increase you can return significantly better. On an asset that will last 50 years.

No vitriol.

Its the way campfire “what can i get” threads go.

OP - ive got $ money to spend. What do you recommend?

Ive got $500 to spend on a rifle - campfire - you gotta spend $2k to kill a deer. Ruger anerican is junk
Ive got $500 to spend on a new computer - campfire - you gotta have a $2500 macbook pro

On and on. From boots to packs to knives.

OP asked about what to get for his $150.

Easily doable with factory knives. Custom ? Maybe a nice second hand custom. Which ive bought also.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

I typically subscibe to the 'bromide' that "inch by inch" it is a cinch. I do lay-aways and 12 month no-interest purchases quite often and find that to be effective.

Perhaps the OP might rejoin the conversation and indicate whether any of the different blade styles of the particular knives illustrated would tend to serve his purposes, and whether he had an interest in upping his budget for a single knife or maybe a set.

Ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
There is a big difference between $1500 and $150. And no one is forcing anyone to do anything. It is a nothing burger about nothing important and deserves no tears.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by geedubya

I typically subscibe to the 'bromide' that "inch by inch" it is a cinch. I do lay-aways and 12 month no-interest purchases quite often and find that to be effective.

Perhaps the OP might rejoin the conversation and indicate whether any of the different blade styles of the particular knives illustrated would tend to serve his purposes, and whether he had an interest in upping his budget for a single knife or maybe a set.

Ya!

GWB

Exactly. It’s not that big of a deal.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
And this is why I’m not packing a bunch of knives. I also believe the OP was looking for multi purpose.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 48 invisible), 2,647 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,390
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.