Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Our yellow lab Kenai is (iirc) 8 years old now but we got her as a 6 week old ball of cuteness. We bought her from a family in the Moses Lake area of Eastern Washington in the scrubland desert of the potholes. The owners of the dogs told me that a few days prior to us getting there the coyotes had been really active around their place, they figured the coyotes were wise to the litter of young snacks that awaited them if they were successful in luring a pup off into the sagebrush. I guess this one day the coyotes were trying to lure a pup when Kenai’s mom saw the coyote. She lit after it and upon catching it pinned it down by the throat and held it there for quite awhile apparently. She only released her grip when the dog’s owner grabbed his shotgun and ended that. I like that protective instinct. I won’t own an aggressive or unpredictable dog but I understand the difference between aggression and protection.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
kinda weird hobby hawkeye. do you live in a dangerous neighborhood?
I have to laugh at the criticism, considering the sort of site where we're having the conversation.

But I don't currently have a protection trained dog, and I live in a much worse area now than I did back then in the 1980s and 1990s.

I first got interested because I was concerned over his total lack of alertness to strangers, even after achieving three years of age. He seemed to be overjoyed by the presence of strangers, in fact. I contacted a trainer over it, and he suggested protection training, and made a referral. We went from there, and it did indeed become a sort of hobby that I enjoyed with that particular dog. He took to it really well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
The owners should have stepped in and finished it, letting an animal suffer for your own enjoyment id fugged up even if it's a coyote.
Might have had something to do with wanting the dog to gain the experience.

I call bullshit on the backstory.

Those guys were waaaay too calm for that coyote to have attacked them. It seemed to me like they were quite casual about the whole ordeal. Almost like they trap coyotes live and let their pits kill them or something….

If it were real, it would have been full of “holyshitbro” “fuuuuucccckkkk” and “DIDYOUSEETHAT????”

But, it wasn’t.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by Dre
Numbers don’t lie which group/breed is more violent.
pitbulls are the ni&&ers of dog breeds
You’re picking up what I’m putting down

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I've always wanted to see a big pit fight a big wolf, fight to the death cage match.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I've always wanted to see a big pit fight a big wolf, fight to the death cage match.
According to some authors on the breed, that's been done quite a lot, and always favors the Pitbull. Most likely because a single wolf would be more interested in avoiding a fight, or escaping from one, outside the context of normal life within a pack in the wild, and even then fights aren't usually to the death.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I once recall a video that had a Wolverine wander into a cage that had several pit bulls (iirc) and once those dogs had a go at the Wolverine they decided to back off and become more welcoming to their unexpected guest. 😳

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I once recall a video that had a Wolverine wander into a cage that had several pit bulls (iirc) and once those dogs had a go at the Wolverine they decided to back off and become more welcoming to their unexpected guest. 😳

Imagine if a Wolverine were the size of an average black bear! Pretty scary!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
The owners should have stepped in and finished it, letting an animal suffer for your own enjoyment id fugged up even if it's a coyote.
Might have had something to do with wanting the dog to gain the experience.

I call bullshit on the backstory.

Those guys were waaaay too calm for that coyote to have attacked them. It seemed to me like they were quite casual about the whole ordeal. Almost like they trap coyotes live and let their pits kill them or something….

If it were real, it would have been full of “holyshitbro” “fuuuuucccckkkk” and “DIDYOUSEETHAT????”

But, it wasn’t.
That was my gut reaction. That they threw that comment out to protect themselves. I didn’t watch all of it. I like to hunt and shoot but hate to see something suffer. I’m not the pit hater that some are, I’ve seen enough pits to know that was a well breed athletic pit. Definitely not your run of the mill oversized and overweight bully pit thug dog. It looked like a well breed dog raised and trained for a purpose.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Interesting that you mention it but a video I watched earlier said that if a Wolverine was the size of a bear that it would be the strongest animal on earth. I’d like to see a genetic-freak-fight with a Wolverine the size of a bear against a hummingbird the size of a Wolverine. 😬😂

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Interesting that you mention it but a video I watched earlier said that if a Wolverine was the size of a bear that it would be the strongest animal on earth. I’d like to see a genetic-freak-fight with a Wolverine the size of a bear against a hummingbird the size of a Wolverine. 😬😂

There would be nothing left but a beak and some feathers…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I have 2 great Pyrenees and they are great family and protection dogs. They guard the farm and I've seen them kill fcoyotes,foxes and raccoons . Very quick and efficient.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
A coyote just happened to attack a guy and his buddy who just happened to have a pit bull wearing a protective collar handy.

Then they calmly filmed the pit chewing on said coyote for an extended period of time.

It's very obvious this was setup, but if it was my dog I wouldn't stop the fight as I don't want her to think she's doing something wrong, I might reach down and stick the coyote with my Buck but I ain't getting after her.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I call BS on healthy western coyote attacking humans other than a baby.
I spent too much time as a kid alone in areas full of them and the only ones you ever saw close were leaving as fast as possible

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 700LH
I call BS on healthy western coyote attacking humans other than a baby.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes healthy normal coyotes are known leg biters,,,,,,,,,,laffin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW it took a deficient Pitt owner mentality to make and/or post this video in the first place....

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
700LH agrees with you guys.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
We all know a coyote kills as quickly and as swiftly as he can.

None of his prey ever suffers while being eaten from the hams forward.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (ATC, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 11 invisible), 2,096 guests, and 727 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,670
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.