Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What are you looking for and how much are you looking to spend OP?

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trijicon traditional rifle scopes are either made in Japan or the USA.

"Our AccuPoint® riflescopes are assembled in the USA but have significant components purchased in Japan. Our Huron®, Ascent®, Tenmile®, and Credo® riflescopes are manufactured in Japan according to our design and testing requirements."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tract scopes are made in Japan or the Philippines. They list COO in their specs online. All the companies (with nothing to hide) should do that as well. I see it more often than formerly. You must remember though that that can change very quickly in this world, so you have to keep your eyes peeled.

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Leupold employs several hundred Americanish Oregonians building scopes, for real. Better to bash other companies in this regard. Leupold did have the Redfield Revenge line made in China though, after hyping up the Made in the USA Revolution.... And some bins, spotters, rangefinders and other chit are certainly Chinky. So yeah, fuuckem for that.

See the list of zero China products? That's notable. Hmmm. What do those companies have?

Good stuff 👍
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
All Sightron scope are either Philippines or Japan. Nightforce, Swarovski, Leica and Kahles don't make anything in China. The majority of Meopta is made either in the Czech Republic or assembled here in the USA

Where do you people come up with this chit?.....The Revenge line line of scopes were made in the Philippines.
[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]

Last edited by Overkill45; 12/07/22.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Huskemaw is made in Japan, I believe.

KB

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Trijicon traditional rifle scopes are either made in Japan or the USA.

"Our AccuPoint® riflescopes are assembled in the USA but have significant components purchased in Japan. Our Huron®, Ascent®, Tenmile®, and Credo® riflescopes are manufactured in Japan according to our design and testing requirements."

This is helpful.

Thank you

God Bless America
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

I'm leaning toward a 3-9x40/42 or 2/3-12. Price range $900 or less. 1 inch tube if possible.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
BTW, Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to offer advice and information, It's greatly appreciated.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
One Vortex Scope, AMG.

Wish there were others but all the replies above all talk about foreign made scopes. I think 50% or more by the value of the parts, plus assembly is how I would define " Made in USA".

Actually all Vortex razors are Japan also

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDogBoogie

I'm leaning toward a 3-9x40/42 or 2/3-12. Price range $900 or less. 1 inch tube if possible.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Trijicon-...on-Hunter-1-in-Matte-Black-Riflesco.aspx

Japanese made.

VERY good illumination at both the bright and dim ends.

Outstanding reticle.

Fairly lightweight.

Very good "glass."

Good eye relief.

One inch tube.

Good reputation for tracking and durability.

Will get you to 30 minutes after sunset in most conditions.

Well under your budget.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I doubt anyone except the vendor knows where these optics are actually made; but it's a safe bet that many are not made where the customer is led to believe.

abusus non tollit usum
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Interesting. I'd have never bought a Nikko Stirling scope. It was free on a free rifle the wife won over the summer. I get to Texas and she says look what I won. LOL.

Figured junk scope. Nope, best I can tell made in Japan. Gets me to legal shooting hours most of the time.

Its a bit picky about eye relief at times. I can't' just stick my iPhone up and snap pics easy.

It does give a bit of glare and picky on that eye relief as noted. But it shoots little groups. Its awful clear during the day. Plenty clear at night.

Its allowed 5 or 6 bullets into deer so far this season.

Its not Chinese anywhere I can tell.

But once again... I would like to remind you China builds to price point. companies give them a price, they meet it.

Have a good friend highly involved in Motorola plant there years ago. Got to dealing with them a lot. Wanted to see how much he could save and if they could built target bolt actions to build rifles off of that would be quality. Yep. Yet once they ran the numbers vs the specs the cost imported to USA was not nearly much savings. IE China could and would produce, but to meet the given specs it was not cheap.

Remember its not only china screwing us... its companies that use them...

Off my soap box.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

Japanese made.

Outstanding reticle.

Fairly lightweight.

Very good "glass."

Good eye relief.

One inch tube.

Well under your budget.

Thank you! The Trijicon looks like it would fit the bill perfectly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Japanese made.

Outstanding reticle.

Fairly lightweight.

Very good "glass."

Good eye relief.

One inch tube.

Well under your budget.

I bought one to see how I liked it. I immediately bought another. Now I wish all of my rifles wore Trijicon.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

Japanese made.

Outstanding reticle.

Fairly lightweight.

Very good "glass."

Good eye relief.

One inch tube.

Well under your budget.

I bought one to see how I liked it. I immediately bought another. Now I wish all of my rifles wore Trijicon.

How the reticle? Low light ?

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Remington280
How the reticle? Low light ?

I wasn't sure how I was going to like the reticle. It's fantastic. Throw the rifle up on the shoulder and everything centers up very naturally. On the lowest setting, I get NO washout in dark conditions.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Overkill45
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Leupold employs several hundred Americanish Oregonians building scopes, for real. Better to bash other companies in this regard. Leupold did have the Redfield Revenge line made in China though, after hyping up the Made in the USA Revolution.... And some bins, spotters, rangefinders and other chit are certainly Chinky. So yeah, fuuckem for that.

See the list of zero China products? That's notable. Hmmm. What do those companies have?

Good stuff 👍
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
All Sightron scope are either Philippines or Japan. Nightforce, Swarovski, Leica and Kahles don't make anything in China. The majority of Meopta is made either in the Czech Republic or assembled here in the USA

Where do you people come up with this chit?.....The Revenge line line of scopes were made in the Philippines.
[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]
Lapse of memory. Was thinking of the Battlezone anyway, also PH, so bite me @2X. LOL .

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by ldholton
then you have like Burris that has Scopes made in at least three different places and you have to learn the line of Scopes to learn which ones are made china, philippines, Us . names I haven't seen mentioned were Leupold and Steiner and I think Leopold some of the models are Chinese made nowadays.

Like most thing you are wrong yet again.

All Leupold scopes are made in the USA.
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Your kidding us? Right?

Swarovski doesn't make kaka. They might use proprietary lense coatings but like everyone else they source lenses and prisms.

I don't care what anyone claims I found long ago all this stuff is spec'd out from around the world, and typically it's locations in Asia. Some may have optics actually made in Japan or Phillipines but it's not the complete story. Yeah the scope or whatever might be made in Japan, Korea, Phillipines, but more than likely there's Chinese parts or components on board that ate in there. Not always but it's really common.

As for Leupold. They don't manufacture lenses prisms. All their product is from sourced materials and they might make scope times in America and assemble some here. The vast amount of components in their optics are east asian in origin.

Now years ago when US Optics was in California they actually made Scopes and sourced Schott Glass lenses. Today thats not the case and those days are pretty much gone.

People get really caught up in this but these optics companies are marketing companies. They sell an image or brand and advertise and go to trade shows. Behind the scenes they're slinging optics from ol' Xi in China. But make no mistake you can spec out higher end lenses and components or you can go full junk.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by ldholton
then you have like Burris that has Scopes made in at least three different places and you have to learn the line of Scopes to learn which ones are made china, philippines, Us . names I haven't seen mentioned were Leupold and Steiner and I think Leopold some of the models are Chinese made nowadays.

Like most thing you are wrong yet again.

All Leupold scopes are made in the USA.
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Your kidding us? Right?

Swarovski doesn't make kaka. They might use proprietary lense coatings but like everyone else they source lenses and prisms.

I don't care what anyone claims I found long ago all this stuff is spec'd out from around the world, and typically it's locations in Asia. Some may have optics actually made in Japan or Phillipines but it's not the complete story. Yeah the scope or whatever might be made in Japan, Korea, Phillipines, but more than likely there's Chinese parts or components on board that ate in there. Not always but it's really common.

As for Leupold. They don't manufacture lenses prisms. All their product is from sourced materials and they might make scope times in America and assemble some here. The vast amount of components in their optics are east asian in origin.

Now years ago when US Optics was in California they actually made Scopes and sourced Schott Glass lenses. Today thats not the case and those days are pretty much gone.

People get really caught up in this but these optics companies are marketing companies. They sell an image or brand and advertise and go to trade shows. Behind the scenes they're slinging optics from ol' Xi in China. But make no mistake you can spec out higher end lenses and components or you can go full junk.
LOL
DO, TUBES and ALL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would not buy anything made in China. If I buy something accidently or without knowing that is made in China, I throw it away or sell cheap. It does not belong to me long!

Last edited by Bugger; 12/08/22.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
739 members (222ND, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,698 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,690
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.