L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I think I should kill someone.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, that sucks worse than down here .

Sometimes stuff goes up the I 5 thru Redding, up to Troutdale OR, then back the 400 miles to here when they could have just sent it 180 miles or so across the hills.

Hope your stuff arrives by Christmas.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Such a fine government organization. I have experienced two major mismanagement issues with the usps in the past week. And then trying to get any kind of assistance is totally hopeless.
I doubt I’ll live long enough to receive the call back from them, as they said, “we will call you back before 3:00 today.” That was three days ago, silence.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Crying shame is that we have little to no choice unless we pick the item up personally from whom ever we ordered it from.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Monday I ordered a guitar pick from a place six miles from me as the crow flies Knoxville tn, it was in Atlanta Ga yesterday.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Hold on…it’ll still have to go through Memphis before you get it.

L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I might have to talk to Midway about their shipping choice if it doesn't show in a few days - these are bore brushes, neither bulky nor heavy- I figured they would just "free shipping" flat-rate them USPS, as they did 200 bullets several weeks ago to my Post Office box, which is what I used for shipping/billing address. It's in the local Post Office, not a home street address.

It isn't the first time USPS has sent stuff back because it didn't have a street address - and I don't get my mail to a street address (except the PO). I don't think I included the PO street address (and really shouldn't have to, IMO) for this order. My bad... There is only one PO in Soldotna, where my PO Box is in the building. They really must screen a lot of people to get quality of this sort in the USPS! Doesn't look like it was even sent on the truck from Anchorage....

I would not bet on this order ever arriving here, and not being eventually returned to Midway. (or "lost, en route")

So much for assumptions. From now on, PO street addy will be included. A-holes....

I'll give them another week- it's not critical - just annoying - before I call ol' Larry. smile. Only because we are probably headed for the rec cabin tommow thru Tuesday. , weather permitting.

I found ONE of the only brush I really needed (well, wanted- that, too, -isn't critical at this point) for bore-coating at this point at SW yesterday. One would think they would stock more than one .338 brush at a time (I was in Friday- none....they get shipments on Tuesdays)

Don't want to rush into these things yannow.

OK, I'm done vent-bitching for today.... smile

Last edited by las; 12/07/22.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
wife told me this morning the coffee company website said her coffee had been delivered. Nope.

I told her it was probably one of those UPS deals that switches to USPS for the final delivery and she's got to go to the gang box down the road to check her mail box.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If walmarts aint got it

You dont need it

That’s how i roll

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I had a guy build my son a custom longbow for a Christmas present. It shipped two weeks ago with estimated delivery 3 days after shipment. Tracking shows it leaving LV and be “in transit” for over a week now. Local post master opened an investigation as of last week but hasn’t been able to get any info. Maybe they hired some dude on a bicycle or skateboard to deliver it from Nevada and that’s why it’s been “in transit” for so long.

Like everything the government touches USPS is a disaster these days.

IC B3

L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
And it's Christmas- time to really fug up the (marginal) USPS service.

L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by slumlord
If walmarts aint got it

You dont need it

That’s how i roll

PO and SW is 9 miles away,2 blocks apart, Walmarts is 22, one town over... I gotta be either desperate or going over there anyway. smile

Ordered from Frontier some Big 45 pads -"free shipping" - did not use the PO street address - only my box # - on that one either. We'll see. If they ship it flat rate, I'll get it. If - as noted above- if they ship UPS - maybe I won't. if I know they are shipping UPS only, I'll use the street address and get it at home, or the PO street address and get it there.
The dogs like UPS home delivery - driver always has treats.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like FJB came up with that route. Honestly, I hope you get it soon.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Got two items in USPS limbo at the present.
One was shipped 11/15.

Pathetic!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by slumlord
If walmarts aint got it

You dont need it

That’s how i roll

LOL...

22 pages of Bore Brushes...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by CashisKing; 12/07/22. Reason: Fix pic

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by las
I think I should kill someone.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That about sucks...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I sent a money order to lake st charles LA . from kansas city mo. by prioraty mail , supposed to be there in 3/4 days. in 3 days it got hung up in atlanta GA. went to the post office and they opened up lost mail claim. on the 13 th day I sent the man his money by another way , even tho he was being very understanding. the post office said 30 day wait to cancle the money order. AAAARRRRGGG . then the post master in our lil town called and said lost mail investigation turned up nothing ! so now wait the 30 days. AARRRGGG !!! on the 21st day I got notice that it had been delivered. thank god the man I was dealing with was a good person !!! he mailed it back to me snail mail and it got here in 4 days ! fuuugggg ! go figure !!!

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I ordered some stuff from Midway on Monday, and today at lunch, it arrived. I usually have great luck with the postal service, and the lady who delivers our mail is trigger awesome.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am totally confused…was the package sent USPS or UPS? The website looks like UPS’s.

It looks like it was sent from UPS originally to a USPS facility in Fife, WA, then to Anchorage and then back to UPS in Columbia , MO.

I see a lot of spaghetti on the wall in that pic.

Edited. I see your follow up message which explains it.

Last edited by T_Inman; 12/07/22.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I have absolutely no faith in USPS they can screw things up big time without even trying. Most time they are just lazy and usually can not read. I get tired of putting other peoples mail back in box they misdelivered to me.

1st John 4:7-8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (16penny, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 51 invisible), 2,237 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,604
Posts18,454,831
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.