Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Currently using a Lyman digital scale with the back up being a RCBS balance scale. No issues with the Lyman, but I am interested in a digital scale as a backup over the balance scale.

Is there a consensus on the best digital scale for reloading?

Also, are the digital automatic measuring scales super accurate from powder charge to powder charge or is there a variation factor to contend with?

I currently weigh each charge and dribble to exact weight on each cartridge, wondering if there is a faster way that maintains accuracy.

HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve got 2 digital scales that never get used and 2 powder dribblers one(Redding) has never been used. The fastest way is good technique on the drop and powder that meters. Drop and go. So I don’t think there is a best I’ll take a beam scale any day over a digital.

Swifty
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
RCBS Charge Master. I've had zero issue with mine.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have a RCBS Chargemaster and a Dillion digital scale. I have a Redding beam scale as well.
I want a FX 120I just because

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have an RCBS 10-10 beam scale and a Lyman 55 dropper and I'm a dribbler because I shoot long grain powder in my rifles.

I watched some YouTube videos showing the RCBS Charge Master....looked like it did a good job but it sounded like a meat grinder in the video.

Why the long warm up time ?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best, you said:

[Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com]

https://ceproducts.shop/products/fx-120i-reloading-scale-122g-x-0-001g

I recently needed an upgrade, asked around, and came up with this as a consensus. So far, it is by far the best reloading scale I have ever used, beam or digital. I am on the waiting list for the trickler too.

Only live once ...

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Rick, you can get the whole set up for around 1K all ready to go. I was hoping to pick up the V3 when people upgraded to the V4 but they wanted dang near what the V4 was for their V3.
I may just get on the waiting list and see how long it takes. Some guys were on it for about 8 months but I think they go on the list when the V4 was still being worked on. Hopefully as the backorders die down so will the lead time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep when I ordered the V4 was a waiting list proposition, so I got on the waiting list. Still haven’t heard from them, but I know what to expect so I am good with it.

BTW, when I called CE I was told there was no difference in price buying separate or together, so I decided I’d take the scale now and wait on the trickler.

Looking forward to using them together.

Zero drift got old.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have an AND FX120i and the V3. The V3 works well except on large stick powders like N570. I've got a SuperTrickler on order. I ordered it over a month ago, but have no idea when it will show up.

https://supertrickler.com.au/about/

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That SuperTrickler looks interesting. What swayed you to the ST over the V4?

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have seen both on the web but only the V4 in person. I would like to hear the pros and cons as well between the two

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The SuperTrickler looks to be a much more finished device. That it learns is innovative. Freeing up my iPhone was also a plus. I like that it alerts you when it goes over with the bold red light over the cup.

I had to try it and figured if it was as good as it looks, they're going to be hard to get before long.

The V4 is what the AutoTrickler should have been all along. The powder throw mechanism on V1 through V3 represents little by way of novel thinking and innovation when developing an automated solution to powder dispensing. Don't get me wrong they're great devices and vastly better than their contemporaries, but they're little more than an automated powder thrower and trickler integrated with a lab scale.

The degree to which the SuperTrickler is it's own device and a truly novel solution compelled me to order one as soon as I saw one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After further due diligence, I sent in a deposit for the Super Duper and will defer on the V4.

I don’t want to rely on an app, nor do I want to have yet another device on my bench, and, I think I may just like the overall package of the Super Duper better, from what I can tell. Looks like it might arrive faster, too.

Now that I recall, I reached out to the V4 outfit to ask a question or two in October, and I didn’t get the time of day from them. I wasn’t aware there was a serious alternative for operating in conjunction with the A&D scale at that time. But now I am.

Looking forward to reloading this off season ...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kingston
The SuperTrickler looks to be a much more finished device. That it learns is innovative. Freeing up my iPhone was also a plus. I like that it alerts you when it goes over with the bold red light over the cup.

I had to try it and figured if it was as good as it looks, they're going to be hard to get before long.

The V4 is what the AutoTrickler should have been all along. The powder throw mechanism on V1 through V3 represents little by way of novel thinking and innovation when developing an automated solution to powder dispensing. Don't get me wrong they're great devices and vastly better than their contemporaries, but they're little more than an automated powder thrower and trickler integrated with a lab scale.

The degree to which the SuperTrickler is it's own device and a truly novel solution compelled me to order one as soon as I saw one.

Which one did you order? The one with/without the FX120? That looks like a heckuva great unit.

Semper Fi
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I placed my order on 10/31. We'll see when it arrives.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
You guys doing some thousand yard target shooting?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by mathman
You guys doing some thousand yard target shooting?

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China MM? grin

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a Autotrickler v4 with the FX120i on order. Placed mine back September 17th, probably won't see it until January/February.

Last edited by GuideGun; 12/07/22.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
from 100 yards out to 1250 yards where I shoot

Last edited by pullit; 12/07/22.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A friend of mine has a Supertrickler on order. He wants to sell me his Autotrickler when his comes in. Another friend may be selling his Prometheus. Decisions, decisions...

Something to keep in mind is that you will want to use a line conditioner with the power source to the FX120i. They also do not like florescent lighting. You will want to power them up about an hour before actual use.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
237 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 160user, 257 roberts, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 25 invisible), 1,849 guests, and 869 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,800
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.