Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
There was an older gentleman on Newsmax last night who as a 14 year old boy said that he shot at the attacking japanese war planes with his 22 caliber rifle. His dad was stationed there at the time. I just turned to Newsmax, so I didn't catch the whole story.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
God Bless him. I can only imagine what a horrific event it was in real time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the way those Zeroes were armored, he might have actually been able to do some damage

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Lou Conter, 101 years old is a survivor of the Arizona.The gentleman lives in Grass Valley CA, and is not attending - per his Doctor.
He said, "I'm going on 102 now, it's kind of hard to mess around."

God bless this warrior.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m not saying it didn’t happen, but I find it hard to believe.

Good for him if it’s true, otherwise we have another roundoak..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
A “Mustang” commander I worked for at NAS Barbers Point, Hawaii in ‘74-75 lived at West Loch ammo depot as a kid and his house had bullet holes in it after the attack.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by navlav8r
A “Mustang” commander I worked for at NAS Barbers Point, Hawaii in ‘74-75 lived at West Loch ammo depot as a kid and his house had bullet holes in it after the attack.

Were they 22 caliber?

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Old feller who was my supvr. In the old TxDot Sign plating shop about 40 years ago said when he was a kid on Dec 8th 1941 by noon, "there wasn’t a box of 30-30 cartridges to be had anywhere!"; at any ice house or hardware store in the Sabine river bottom!

Last edited by kaywoodie; 12/07/22.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Old feller who was my supvr. In the old TxDot Sign plating shop about 40 years ago said when he was a kid on Dec 8th 1941 by noon, "there wasn’t a box of 30-30 cartridges to be had anywhere!"; at any ice house or hardware store in the Sabine river bottom!

So the ammo hoarding and price gouging goes back even further than Klinton? 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

So the ammo hoarding and price gouging goes back even further than Klinton? 😂

Yup!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Funny you have no problem questioning testimony of these accounts of history. But no one can question any facts or have a conversation about your hero Custer without being disrespected. Interesting

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by dakota300rum

Funny you have no problem questioning testimony of these accounts of history. But no one can question any facts or have a conversation about your hero Custer without being disrespected. Interesting

Lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What people like you don't understand is the difference between hear say and years of research. I can verify any claims I have ever made.

For example there are over 100 accounts of soldiers that claimed they survived Custer's battle. They are just that, claims, there is no truth to those claims. I can quantify that with historical documents.

A kid claiming he shot at Japanese aircraft at Pearl Harbor when he was 14 is easy to claim, impossible to prove. It may have happened, I stated that, but it is unlikely.

Now you can research any claims I have made and question them, but the difference is, I can support those claims with documents and historical records.

You may need to stay in your high chair until the oatmeal dries on the floor before you step in it and fall and hit your head again...

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
That makes me think of David, and Goliath, and we all know how that turned out.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

What people like you don't understand is the difference between hear say and years of research. I can verify any claims I have ever made.

For example there are over 100 accounts of soldiers that claimed they survived Custer's battle. They are just that, claims, there is no truth to those claims. I can quantify that with historical documents.

A kid claiming he shot at Japanese aircraft at Pearl Harbor when he was 14 is easy to claim, impossible to prove. It may have happened, I stated that, but it is unlikely.

Now you can research any claims I have made and question them, but the difference is, I can support those claims with documents and historical records.

You may need to stay in your high chair until the oatmeal dries on the floor before you step in it and fall and hit your head again...

Haha ya sure you can we saw how that turned out before. Your a fool if you think your "accounts" are all totally accurate. Disrespect lol you have proved my point you would schitt yourself if I was standing in front of you. Your so close minded you remind me of a liberal. Free think much haha

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
It doesnt matter. Good story. I doubt a 14 yo could figure the lead. Not nearly the same as claiming a hit.

American rifleman had a short story bout a Filipino boy using a Marlin, burying it, and supposdly killing one Japanese.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
KW,
Neat story! Thanks

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by kennyd
It doesnt matter. Good story. I doubt a 14 yo could figure the lead. Not nearly the same as claiming a hit.

American rifleman had a short story bout a Filipino boy using a Marlin, burying it, and supposdly killing one Japanese.

This!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
By the time I was 14 I had a host of arms at my disposal and used them all without question by anyone. My bedroom closet was the family armory! grin
The guy would be 95 years old, if he claims he let one rip at a Jap, I'll take his word for it.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by sawbuck
By the time I was 14 I had a host of arms at my disposal and used them all without question by anyone. My bedroom closet was the family armory! grin
The guy would be 95 years old, if he claims he let one rip at a Jap, I'll take his word for it.

My father in law shot his first deer with a 22. He and his dad would harvest as much wild game as they could. In able to sell the farm products. He was about 14 possibly younger.

Last edited by dakota300rum; 12/07/22. Reason: Add comment
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 02bfishn, 63 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,226
Posts18,466,576
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.