Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by renegade50
On alla my scoped guns.
Take em off while on stand.
Put em on if raining or snowing.
Simple thumb flick front and rear ready to go for a shot.
Especially if still hunting wind in rain or snow.

Keeps the lense,s clean and protected also walking in well before dark thru knarly schit.

I don't tape em up like Big Stick though.
That man sure likes his colorful tape. πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ₯΄πŸ€”πŸ˜ƒ

πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Arrrrrgh.....

Like 'em when properly sized.

SmegStick needs colorful tape so that he can see his small, stubby fingers (HINT).

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Ohio7x57: I started using "scope covers" many decades ago with the rubber band attaching KA-RAM-BA scope covers - still have a couple on vintage Hunting Rifles.
Then along came the Butler Creek style scope covers that I started using and they work well for me - they were a blessing on my many Alaska Hunts for Mt. Goat and Black Bear.
Even use them on my spring and summer Colony Varmint Rifles - dust you know!
This fall on my Antelope Hunts I used the newish Leupold "neoprene" one piece cover and it worked very well - I have used these neoprene covers in the past on several occasions.
Toss-up which I like better.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you like Butler caps, give these a try.

Tenebraex Tactical Tough Flip Cover

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Bikinis

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Raeford
Pull my bikini cover[s] off at the start of the season, put em back on at seasons end.
On occasion I may spit on the glass and use the corner of my shirt to wipe.

LOL... that is funny. I do about the same thing without the spit.

R/C... ouch
Dust is abrasive, especially if you hunt anywhere that there's ever been volcanic activity. Wiping a lens while dry is like using 4000 grit sandpaper on it. Never wipe them without water or some kind of cleaner or you'll be taking off the polish you paid for.
The same goes for glasses, both glass and polycarb.
πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

That's why ya fog em with your breath on the 1st and 2nd go around with a lens pen.
Water vapor that condensates nicely on the lens.
Easily seen when ya do it.

But that escaped some on that thread yesterday.

Holy fuuuuuuk dude.

That was one hell of a bite mark in that pic you put up.

πŸ₯΄πŸ˜¬πŸ˜¬πŸ€£πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ€£πŸ˜¬πŸ˜¬πŸ₯΄

Ouch/ Arrrrrrrrrrgh.....
I still use the front flip-up cover but have long since removed the back one. Once was enough. I got the elk, though.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Be aware that the rear one sticks back a ways behind the eyepiece of the scope. If you shoot from an unusual angle, you can get whacked. I know how these things happen. I was lying down using my pack for a rest. My head was downhill a bit. The elk was across a draw and higher than me so I had the rifle tilted up which put it closer to my eye than normal.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
yep learned sighting in my .338 win mag on the bench would do the same thing with butler creek caps with the red release button

NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you like Butler caps, give these a try.

Tenebraex Tactical Tough Flip Cover
$80?! Not only no, FN.

I'd rather just buy a pair of BC, lose them and buy another.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Azshooter
I hate the damn things. Many of my friends use them, so I am no stranger to them. I have to pause to open them, they obstruct my view as I shoot with both eyes open. IMO they don't look good on a rifle. Of course our weather is usually clear and dry. If weather is inclement I use bikini covers. Guess every thread has its detractors.
Good points, and I do not like to use them - one more possible pain. Do have them on a couple of rifles I would carry in lousy weather, but most hunting out here is in clear weather.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Use a front flip up cover to keep snow off the lens.
I have lost more bikini covers and electric stretchy caps than I can count.

I have threatened to make a sticker for my brothers flip up cap that says β€œturn down your scope”. Every year he uses that excuse.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Be aware that the rear one sticks back a ways behind the eyepiece of the scope. If you shoot from an unusual angle, you can get whacked. I know how these things happen. I was lying down using my pack for a rest. My head was downhill a bit. The elk was across a draw and higher than me so I had the rifle tilted up which put it closer to my eye than normal.

Sorry but that pic made me laugh. I've done the same thing but the entrance wound wasn't quite that bad...But You're still smiling !

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Your avatar is a good match.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Wowch!!!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
While engaging Axis at under 300 yards, of all the sounds you may think would alert them, I guarantee you they can hear those Butler Creek flip-ups when you pop it up.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have bc caps on all my optics.
They've worked fine for the 55 years or so I've been hunting. Not saying I've used them that long, but whenever it was I discover them, I've used them since.
I do have 2 Leupold scopes with their brand of flip up caps. They seal tight, and look good.
Pricey tho.

Last edited by splattermatic; 12/08/22.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The Butler Creeks for my 350 Legend came in. Vortex 3-9x50 Staight Wall BDC. $350 rifle and $200 scope that shoots damn near MOA with any ammo.

Ron
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AZmark

Sorry but that pic made me laugh. I've done the same thing but the entrance wound wasn't quite that bad...But You're still smiling !
Of course I was smiling. I was standing next to a dead elk.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Every year I find my brothers or sister in laws laying around somewhere. Big stick tapes his on for a reason!! Hint!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 71 invisible), 2,973 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,116
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.