Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Dumbass, the Donor said he wanted to do something nice for a warrior.

If he just wanted to help wildlife he could have just made a charitable contribution to the states wildlife management team …

Looks like he accomplished both goals to me

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
BP-B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Damn this place is full of stupid mf'ers. Dude does a charity for a veteran and gets knocked for how he spends his money and somehow the eye r ess gets brought up, wtf?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I would take the hunt if offered to me.Cash is meaningless.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by gregintenn
What a fun thread!

A wealthy guy made a generous charitable donation and gave the spoils of it to someone he deemed worthy. Still, folks want to knock him for what he chooses to do with his money. Unbelievable.

It’s called envy.
I guess that gene skipped me. I’m glad as it isn’t a very good look.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by MAC
I dont have a dog in this fight but will opine that there isn't a deer on earth worth $300k.

…and another that doesn’t get it

Wrong Moron. I understand the $$$ goes to conservation and habitat. Just saying no deer is worth that much. The guy could make a $300,000 donation every year and not even try for the deer. I am all about supporting conservation and habitat but no deer on its own is worth $300k.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC
I dont have a dog in this fight but will opine that there isn't a deer on earth worth $300k.

Wrong Moron. I understand the $$$ goes to conservation and habitat. Just saying no deer is worth that much. The guy could make a $300,000 donation every year and not even try for the deer. I am all about supporting conservation and habitat but no deer on its own is worth $300k.

Exactly! But the holier than thou forum phaggs like Burnsie, Camuglia, BobMT etc INSIST that we dont "understand" what its about! If as the buyer said he was trying to do something for a vet, that amount of scratch could have paid for alot more than one guy to go on a hunt!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by MAC
I am all about supporting conservation and habitat but no deer on its own is worth $300k.

There are at least two people who would disagree, the guy who won the bid and the guy who ran him up to that amount.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeorgeLa
The donor, Mike Schultz, is rumored to have made some backroom land swaps involving the Henefer Echo Wildlife Management Unit owned by the state and his adjacent Sawmill Ranch that benefited his ranch and screwed Utah hunters.

IF that is the case, I highly suspect SFW is involved somehow, as that seems like the kind of thing they’d be a part of.
I don’t trust them, at all. They put on a good show, helping wildlife and hunting as a sport in general, but they’re a snake in the grass.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
There's a good many people in this region
that spend 10's of thousands of dollars
to go shoot at a whitetail deer
I wouldn't myself, but I'm not them and
they ain't me

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by T_Inman
The donor, Mike Schultz, is rumored to have made some backroom land swaps involving the Henefer Echo Wildlife Management Unit owned by the state and his adjacent Sawmill Ranch that benefited his ranch and screwed Utah hunters.

IF that is the case, I highly suspect SFW is involved somehow, as that seems like the kind of thing they’d be a part of.
I don’t trust them, at all. They put on a good show, helping wildlife and hunting as a sport in general, but they’re a snake in the grass.
IIRC, Our state, TN, got caught trying to make some kind of a honey deal land swap with a big private investor. Chicken schit bastards.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BobMt
[quote=marktheshark]While its a nice gesture donating the hunt there aint a game animal on the face of the earth that I would consider paying anything remotely close to $300k plus to hunt!!![/quote

whats crazier.....spending 300k for a deer hunt.....or the ability to grasp what this is all about....bob
^^^^^^^^^
knuckleheads

Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC

Somethings worth is determined by what someone will pay for it.So yes that particular deer is worth 300k and probably more to the guy who shot it.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC

Exactly! But the holier than thou forum phaggs like Burnsie, Camuglia, BobMT etc INSIST that we dont "understand" what its about! If as the buyer said he was trying to do something for a vet, that amount of scratch could have paid for alot more than one guy to go on a hunt!
So what have you done for a Vet lately?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC

fetterman ...fettie as you like to be called .....its not all about the vet...its about the habitat and the vet is just a lucky participant....bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ralphie
Very cool.

If you don’t have many many many multiples of $310k you really aren’t qualified to say whether or not you’d spend that on a deer hunt.

I'm with Ralphie on this , those that can, should, those that can't shouldn't be envious...
That being said, I am and have always have been an otc public land hunter... but certainly don't resent those that aren't

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I might be off base but the issue with judging that kind of money being spent on something like that is that most folks don’t comprehend having that much expendable money. I know I can’t.
I doubt that the guy that won the auction was even interested in the hunt. He was looking for a tax deduction. That’s what he got quick and easy.
And he chose a deserving disabled vet as the beneficiary to it. Good on him. Congrats to the vet and all that helped pull it off.
YMMV

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
I might be off base but the issue with judging that kind of money being spent on something like that is that most folks don’t comprehend having that much expendable money. I know I can’t.
I doubt that the guy that won the auction was even interested in the hunt. He was looking for a tax deduction. That’s what he got quick and easy.
And he chose a deserving disabled vet as the beneficiary to it. Good on him. Congrats to the vet and all that helped pull it off.
YMMV

^^^^ this

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G

I need to dig for more details. But yeah, Utah DNR surely was involved. And the state legislature as well. Convenient that Mike Schultz is a fairly large land developer AND a state legislator.

Lots of questionable stuff the legislature has done in the name of wildlife. Combining public land into Consolidated Wildlife Management Units (which allows the private landowner to set his own seasons) and screwing hunters out of access to public lands is a big one.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Kind of like when I was drooling over a Holland and Holland double rifle and a coworker asked why in the world anyone would spent that kind of scratch for a gun. I said “you know what I would do if I could afford one”? “What”, he said”. I said “I’d buy a matched pair”.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Cheers to the buyer and the hunter. Everyone wins.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
153 members (338Rules, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 19 invisible), 1,976 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,650
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.