Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
China.
What THEY say, take if for what it's worth: Their prices are low compared to the Jap brands because labor is cheaper and the entire machine is built in-house. They have no supply chain expenses like other manufacturers. Their initial business was making engines for others. Then they started building the rest of the machine to go with their own engine.

Note that during this thread and in other discussions, I've heard no one knocking their quality. Everyone who has one said it's a good machine.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 24HourCampFireGuy50
Originally Posted by blanket
I have a u force 1000 FC 2019 bass worked fine
How many miles are on it? Any maintenance spots to watch? Does it start well in your subzero winters?
starts fine in the winter, tightening bolts needed to start. have about 1000 miles on it

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
a couple of general maintenance points with them. (1) if you get into deep water take the CVtech clutch cover off and drain the water.
(2) grease them,and tighten bolts often (3) replace the fuses with heavier duty or better quality than they come with.

aside from that enjoy your machine

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
CFMoto has really stepped up their game since 2019. Before that time frame I’d only own an 800. The few I’ve been around are beasts, the others before 2019, forget it!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Local Honda dealer also handles them. Looked at a camo painted 600 the other day independent rear suspension and power steering $7000. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B2

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by Ghostman
"to be frank I would put them right against a Polaris for reliability."

That sure isn't saying much. Polaris suck when it comes to reliability and are ALWAYS rated below Japanese made ATV's.

Want a reliably machine that will last for years and years buy a Honda, Yamaha or Suzuki!

Bought a new yamaha this year, so no reports on reliability. But my 2012 arctic cat, which i still have, is at 5482 miles and nary a hiccup. Blew a belt a few hundred miles ago, but i figure thats to be expected. I just hope my yamaha is as reliable as the arctic cat has been.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I think the previous owner had been using ethanol gas and the injectors were just gummed up from sitting. The problem is that nowhere in any manual I've seen does it tell you to avoid ethanol at all costs.

So heres a question, for you or anybody on here. Guess im pretty ignorant on the subject. Ive read a lot of things about the evils of ethanol gas. Here in washington, you can get 87, 89, or 92 octane at the pumps. Ive never seen any non ethanol other than the 92 octane "premium" gas.
Now take for instance, my weedeater, chainsaw, whatever. They all say to use the 89 octane. They also say use non ethanol.
And my truck. A silverado. 5.3. The 6.2 engines say use premium. Not the 5.3.
So should i just say [bleep] it, and run the 92 octane premium non ethanol stuff in my truck, quad, and hand held gas powered devices?
Will running the rich premium stuff hurt my quad, lowly 5.3 truck, or weedeater?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
I think the previous owner had been using ethanol gas and the injectors were just gummed up from sitting. The problem is that nowhere in any manual I've seen does it tell you to avoid ethanol at all costs.

So heres a question, for you or anybody on here. Guess im pretty ignorant on the subject. Ive read a lot of things about the evils of ethanol gas. Here in washington, you can get 87, 89, or 92 octane at the pumps. Ive never seen any non ethanol other than the 92 octane "premium" gas.
Now take for instance, my weedeater, chainsaw, whatever. They all say to use the 89 octane. They also say use non ethanol.
So should i just say [bleep] it, and run the 92 octane premium non ethanol stuff in my truck, quad, and hand held gas powered devices?
Will running the rich premium stuff hurt my quad, lowly 5.3 truck, or weedeater?
Higher octane isn't 'richer'. Octane is an additive to keep the engine from knocking. If the engine doesn't knock, more octane won't do anything good or bad to the engine. It's just wasted. At higher elevations, like above 2000', you can run a couple points lower octane because lower air pressure reduces knock. Here in so. Idaho, 85 is commonly found in gas stations because 87 isn't needed.
We use 85 in the cars but non-al in all the small engines. Modern cars are designed for alcohol while most of the small engines will choke on if it sits a lot. They'll often run fine when running but when sitting, the stuff will gum them up.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I recently read an article that CF Moto has strengthened its relationship with KTM and that Chinese-built KTMs will be sold in 2023.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah

Higher octane isn't 'richer'. Octane is an additive to keep the engine from knocking. If the engine doesn't knock, more octane won't do anything good or bad to the engine. It's just wasted. At higher elevations, like above 2000', you can run a couple points lower octane because lower air pressure reduces knock. Here in so. Idaho, 85 is commonly found in gas stations because 87 isn't needed.
We use 85 in the cars but non-al in all the small engines. Modern cars are designed for alcohol while most of the small engines will choke on if it sits a lot. They'll often run fine when running but when sitting, the stuff will gum them up.
Octane numbers on street pumps are an average rating that the fuel should be at as a minimum. It is not an additive. Look for the fine print of (R+M)/2.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

581 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1badf350, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,212 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,301
Posts18,449,049
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.