Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Kurtm Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi everyone, new user here. I'm Kurt Miller. I have a Savage 1907 in 32 acp. It is just a standard model 1907. I need a sear trip. This is the part that is in the trigger that has the thin little piece that extends down the frame on the left side and pushes on the sear release lever located on the left side of the bolt face. I have looked high and low and can't seem to find one. Anyone know where a replacement might be found? Thanks.
Kurt

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Last edited by Rick99; 12/07/22.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

K
Kurtm Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yes sir! Part #20. I have the spring and both plungers, I just need the sear trip!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Kurt, you know if Rick gets you that part you have to keep coming back for at least a year, posting as you go. Can’t just eat and run.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
K
Kurtm Offline OP
OP Offline
K
And I shall, I'm really enjoying these little Savage 32s and might venture into 380s as well. When I was younger I knew a guy who at the time was one of the premiere collectors of Savage 99s. He had a construction company in Idaho. Some of the 99s he had were incredible. He had one that been presented to the Shaw of Iran.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A lot of people have wondered where the Shah’s rifle is. If you saw it in person, you might be one of very few to have done so.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Calhoun
A lot of people have wondered where the Shah’s rifle is. If you saw it in person, you might be one of very few to have done so.

I'm surprised to hear that. I thought the owner of that rifle was known to some of us - not me though.

K
Kurtm Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I not only saw it, I held it. I don't know if it is common knowledge, but the Shaws wife also had a 99 that this guy also had. This was in the mid 70s and I would have no idea where they go off to after he passed. Man the rifles he had were incredible!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Would like to have had detailed pics of the Shah's rifle for the new book. All I could find was an add in a Savage catalog. Not very good quality but I used it anyway.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Kurt, Do you need that entire sear lifter assembly (lifter arm, plunger, spring and cap)? There are a couple based on your pistol variation. Sometimes the sear lifter was hand-tuned.

If Rick does not have it, I definitely do.

"Too often people do not recognize Opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like Work." Thomas Alva Edison
IC B3

K
Kurtm Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks! But Rick got me all set. I had all the parts, plunger, cap and spring. The tip of the trip sear had broken off. The trip had gotten bent by someone not knowing to keep the trigger pulled when releasing the slide for take down and had forced the slide off. When I got it I noticed it was cracked. It shot fine for a bit, but then failed completely, so I had all the parts.
B.T.W. it is a real bear getting a slide off after the tip breaks off as the stub blocked the slide. I had to get a feeler gauge and slide down the side of the barrel and finagle it to get it to shoe horn the slide off the broken sear trip. If Ricks parts don't work, I'll be in touch, but I'm confident that they will. Thank you so much, and if anything goes wrong I'll be in touch

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Glad Rick could help you, he's a good man. Rick and I live about 20 miles apart. smile

Oh, I have had to do that . (chuckle) I feel your pain fishing inside the slide.

If you ever need other original parts or magazines for any of the Savage pistol production models, let me know. Rebuilding my old Savage Pistol Webpage for 2023, it will have online sale of parts.

Best,
Dave Koch
savage1907aol.com

"Too often people do not recognize Opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like Work." Thomas Alva Edison
K
Kurtm Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Great info! Mine was built in 1917 by the serial number look up 166860 or real close a number or two 😉. It is just a standard 1907, no lanyard, nor holes for one. Only 32 cal on the slide no 7.65mm. near as I can tell it is just a plain old 1907. I know the pistols history. It was bought by a guy in Enid Ok who had it for his drug store. It was given to his son who carried it a few times, but mainly was in a sock drawer for home defence. He did know to maintain it occasionally, and while the finish is going to brown, there is no big pitting and very little surface rust. He moved to Sapulpa at some point, and upon his passing his wife just didn't want it in the house so she gave it to her Daughter who didn't want it so she gave it to me. So I guess this makes it a 1907/1913-2?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Indeed it is a M1907-13-2, and likely very early 1917. Right after Thanks for sharing, enjoy a pistol with an every-day story.

Looking at the ledger page copies I have yours was right in the middle of the last Contract sales, for both France and Portugal. Civilian sales were few during the contracts.

I have a M1907-09 Steel Grip sold out of the Enid, OK police department evidence (disposable) room.

Thanks again for sharing.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
"Rebuilding my old Savage Pistol Webpage for 2023"

Keep us posted. Hoping that is early 2023 vs later.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Savage1907
Rebuilding my old Savage Pistol Webpage for 2023, it will have online sale of parts.

Look forward to your website as well. Picked up a 1907 from a good friend's widow. This thread made me go look at it and delve into it's history. Apparently built in 1911.

LHS

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 160user, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 64 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,761
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.