Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Without a doubt! But I've always treated the 56 as more of a novelty, wasn't anything I wouldn't go after with the 10.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I after reading a bit on T/C .56 Caliber smoothbore, it seems it's a T/C Renegade .54 with the rifling removed. Made back in the '70s when the ML seasons in some NE state only allowed smoothbores. So, it seems it's safe to assume the gun has a straight bore and no choke at all.

You need to create a shot-lock-like load for it. Seems like it could be a fun project to get a load that fires without damaging the bore, and holds together tight enough to be useful at reasonable ranges.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by humdinger
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by Yoder409
I just dont know if I can do the 410 though.

Why so ?? Just the thought of it ?? That a .410 just CAN'T be a turkey gun ??

Because Luther wouldn't respect me in the morning.

Not sure why... I see the 410's trend and it really only performs with TSS and I struggle with people using marginal lead shot loads and making poor judgment calls. Especially when they couldn't find TSS or any 410 loads and were shooting anything they could find.

Maybe its a little stunt shooting in my mind, but there is a lot of data that shows it works and those affordable 301's fuel the trend.

I'm thinking on it.

I don't care what you shoot....most of the guys shooting 410s are blind sitters sitting over decoys spreads.

If you think that is turkey hunting there's no reason for me to try and convince anything different.

Truth was know YoderbOy is likely a blind sitter.....

I am a blind sitter and use decoys.

I'd go fow tin....

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC
I just dont know if I can do the 410 though.

Why so ?? Just the thought of it ?? That a .410 just CAN'T be a turkey gun ??

Because Luther wouldn't respect me in the morning.

Not sure why... I see the 410's trend and it really only performs with TSS and I struggle with people using marginal lead shot loads and making poor judgment calls. Especially when they couldn't find TSS or any 410 loads and were shooting anything they could find.

Maybe its a little stunt shooting in my mind, but there is a lot of data that shows it works and those affordable 301's fuel the trend.

I'm thinking on it.

I don't care what you shoot....most of the guys shooting 410s are blind sitters sitting over decoys spreads.

If you think that is turkey hunting there's no reason for me to try and convince anything different.

Truth was know YoderbOy is likely a blind sitter.....

I am a blind sitter and use decoys.

I'd go fow tin....

Thank you for your recommendation and endorsement.

I will consider it.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You're welcome dinger....

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Well now I have a dilemma....

I looked online at the store I'm going to buy the 301 from to see if they have a sale....

They do.
The 12 and 410 are on clearance for $160.
Nothing about the 20's.

So this tells me the 20 gauge is the big seller, but that's a heck of a deal to get a 410.
You couldn't find 410's or shells last spring.

It this the temptation to try the 410?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe ??? 🙄😁

Are there .410 shells available where you're at ?? Lead loads ??

Lead loads are the hard ones to find right now. Shouldn't be hard to find TSS for it.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buy it. Post pics.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Maybe ??? 🙄😁

Lead loads are the hard ones to find right now. Shouldn't be hard to find TSS for it.

I was at the store last week and saw they had a 20 gauge and 410 on the shelf and saw the 410 TSS ammo... But I didn't look for lead for patterning.

I have some 410 lead at home for my 410 pistol that I could use for testing & red dot sighting.

Now the question has morphed from 12 down to 410 and do I want it for my real old age for a 5# gun and really light recoil over the more ammo available and universal 20 gauge.

Is the $30 price reduction and the gun is there on the rack availability enough to do the 410?? (and if ammo is available)

Hmmm...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe ??? 🙄😁

I was at the store last week and saw they had a 20 gauge and 410 on the shelf and saw the 410 TSS ammo... But I didn't look for lead for patterning.

I have some 410 lead at home for my 410 pistol that I could use for testing & red dot sighting.

Now the question has morphed from 12 down to 410 and do I want it for my real old age for a 5# gun and really light recoil over the more ammo available and universal 20 gauge.

Is the $30 price reduction and the gun is there on the rack availability enough to do the 410?? (and if ammo is available)

Hmmm...

For the price............. Buy the .410 Try it. When the 20 comes available. Try IT. If they both suit you......... you're in it for a grand total of $360 + the governor's share. If one isn't tickling you then sell it.

I've spent $360 on a lot dumber things.
grin

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Maybe ??? 🙄😁

Hmmm...

For the price............. Buy the .410 Try it. When the 20 comes available. Try IT. If they both suit you......... you're in it for a grand total of $360 + the governor's share. If one isn't tickling you then sell it.

I've spent $360 on a lot dumber things.
grin

You're an enabler.

I can always dabble with them and wait until spring time when grand dad's get in a panic to find a 301 410 for their kid that supposedly can't take recoil.

the 410 may make a nice beaver gun too because all you shoot at is the head typically....
(I'm convincing myself now...)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're an enabler.

Oh, HECK YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure I've publicly admitted that before on more than one occasion. 🤣🤣

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We're all enablers. I think you should buy two. A 12 and a .410. You need them. NEED.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
We're all enablers. I think you should buy two. A 12 and a .410. You need them. NEED.

Maybe I should go 12, 20, and 410.

Collect them all!

It would still be less than my franchi.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SEE ?????

You're catching on !!!!

👍😃👍

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Maybe I should go 12, 20, and 410.

Collect them all!

It would still be less than my franchi.

Did you order them yet?

Last edited by 10Glocks; 12/09/22.
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I stopped at the store and handled both guns and just couldn't do it yet.

I was questioning if I needed more shotguns.

I even put the singles up against 28 inch and 26 inch autos I own to see if the shorter length is worth it.

Sadly I decided I should think on it and walked out.

Got a lot of financial things going on... buying 120 acres of land that will need a road approach, permit, gates, fencing...

The 20 gauge is still sitting there full price and its the compromise I can get later.

Update: I looked at the store website and the 410 and 12 is gone. They must have sold last night.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That sort of land takes priority. You can always get one later if you so decide. Might even be able to find something better. I was at Green Top Hunt and Fish store in Richmond, Va last weekend and they had an old Harrington & Richardson Model 48 20 gauge in spectacular conditon. If I didn't already have a Model 58 in 20 gauge, I would have bought it. Kinda sorry I didn't buy it anyway.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 12/09/22.
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
That sort of land takes priority. You can always get one later if you so decide. Might even be able to find something better. I was at Green Top Hunt and Fish store in Richmond, Va last weekend and they had an old Harrington & Richardson Model 48 20 gauge in spectacular conditon. If I didn't already have a Model 58 in 20 gauge, I would have bought it. Kinda sorry I didn't buy it anyway.

I can always get the 3-1-20 gauge and I think I will after the holidays and my land deal is done. Hopefully prices won't go up.

My franchi affinity 20 may get replaced by the 301 so I can put it back to grouse hunting

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H

I can always get the 301-20 gauge and I think I will after the holidays and my land deal is done. Hopefully prices won't go up.

My franchi affinity 20 may get replaced by the 301 so I can put it back to grouse hunting.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
107 members (10gaugeman, 35, 32_20fan, 257robertsimp, 338reddog, 11 invisible), 1,427 guests, and 688 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.