Print Thread
Hop To
R
Region6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Am I wrong to think that when a reply is started with I’ve doing etc… for 20+ years. The poster most likely has given up and not done anything in the last 10 years?

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
grin

LOL
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Are you insinuating the 20+ dude is supposed to drop dead during the practice of their craft?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Region6
Am I wrong to think that when a reply is started with I’ve doing etc… for 20+ years. The poster most likely has given up and not done anything in the last 10 years?

Probably. I've done something for twice that long and realize that nobody GAF.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

No you are not.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Probably. I've done something for twice that long and realize that nobody GAF.

Complain?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Realize that many have 1 year 20 times.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Hell you can do something for 40 years and it can still be done wrong as evidenced by some posters on this forum that claim to be experts. Myself included in some instances. However as mentioned who GAF. Why flame someone who asks an honest question that she/she is stumped about. Ea,we have some trolls on here. More than a few, but we also have some members that will help out if asked.

If I say,I have been reloading for 40 years but now I am reloading some xx ammunition that I have never reloaded before and XXX is happening, does that mean have not done any reloading for 40years when I loaded a thousand rounds of .357 last week?

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well, I've been reloading and shooting since 1954 and there's no way in hell I consider myself an expert. Mistake? I've probably made more than a few and most likely may make a few more before I move to that great reloading room in the sky.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Hell you can do something for 40 years and it can still be done wrong as evidenced by some posters on this forum that claim to be experts. Myself included in some instances. However as mentioned who GAF. Why flame someone who asks an honest question that she/she is stumped about. Ea,we have some trolls on here. More than a few, but we also have some members that will help out if asked.

If I say,I have been reloading for 40 years but now I am reloading some xx ammunition that I have never reloaded before and XXX is happening, does that mean have not done any reloading for 40years when I loaded a thousand rounds of .357 last week?

To your point, there is a difference between having 40 years of experience, and having one year of experience 40 times.

Be not weary in well doing.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Retired after decades in a profession but still bounced ideas and problem solving with coworkers. Told people I was the laziest SOB always looking for a better way to do whatever.

Anyone smug enough to stop asking questions and verifying among their peers is foolish.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have 32 in so far and realized long ago that I am nothing more than a place holder. Easily replaced.

NRA Endowment Member
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
The OP caused me to pause and reflect, in a moment of rare introspection, it is almost 20 years since I have done a f...king thing worthy of note or of any interest to anyone else. Henceforth, I should axe myself before posting, 'does anybody GAF what I think?'

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
People who ignore the "Been there- - - -done that" voice of experience deserve to suffer the consequences of their stupidity.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
People who ignore the "Been there- - - -done that" voice of experience deserve to suffer the consequences of their stupidity.

When a man with experience meets a man with money, the man with experience winds up with the money and the man that had money winds up with experience.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
695 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 74 invisible), 2,770 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.