Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm sure many of you got the same email I did yesterday from Poilievre begging us to donate to Peter Mackay to help him pay his failed 2020 leadership campaign expenses.

Gotta say it bothered me a bit. I get that Poilievre is trying to bring everyone together under the big C tent, but part of being conservative is solving your own problems and fixing your own mistakes. And, frankly, I doubt that if Mackay had a surplus he'd be sending any of it back to his donors.

This time of year, on the list of people who need my charity, a politician goes at the very bottom.

GB1

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
If a politician doesn’t have the funding to support a leadership bid why would struggling Canadians then be expect to chip in and cover their expenses. Poilievre isn’t a shoe in for the next election despite Trudeau being so despised in this country. He most likely wants MacKay in his camp but doing so may alienate the soft conservatives and disenfranchised liberals. The election may not be that far away.

Nick

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Agreed, I thought it was a bit weird.
If you can't manage your own finances how are you gonna run the Country, oh wait, none of them can.
Not a fan of Mackay, he likes guns, but seems somewhat sketchy when it comes to what is circling just below the surface.

I also think an election could be on the way.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Too add....In my view, it says more about Poilievre than it does Mackay.

Pierre is pizzing me off when he says he supports hunting and hunting rifles.....well no shyte, lets back this train up and oppose the handgun ban and oppose Bill C-21 in its entirety.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
Too add....In my view, it says more about Poilievre than it does Mackay.

Pierre is pizzing me off when he says he supports hunting and hunting rifles.....well no shyte, lets back this train up and oppose the handgun ban and oppose Bill C-21 in its entirety.
Yup, agreed.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don’t reinforce failure. And someone that supports hunting and hunting rifles is really saying they’re against the “bad” guns. Weasel words. Say what you mean. And know what you’re talking about, which all too few here actually do, hence you get stuff like, “There shouldn’t be any more than ten bullets allowed in a cartridge”. Someone that ignorant about the subject sure as Hell shouldn’t be making policy.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Good morning my friend to the north, I see your light is on and hope all is going according to plan.

If we're being honest with each other, I likely got that email too, but it seems they're flooding my inbox these days so I haven't been reading them.

At this juncture I'm guessing that Pierre is throwing a proverbial bone to MacKay for reasons that hopefully make sense to him more than it does to me.

Regarding chucking C21, he's stated on a number of interviews that's his intent. He did a pretty good one with Andrew Lawton on True North recently and said that.

The issue we have up here is that so many of our firearm owning fellow citizens are completely brainwashed by the legacy media that they're convinced nobody "needs" a handgun or black rifle. When I point out to them that their pet BAR/742 is on the chopping block they don't believe me, since PM Socks and his minions like Pinochio Mendicino said they weren't.

I know that's not logical since it's in the amendments and if anyone was interested they could look - but they apparently aren't, so they don't, so they remain in the dark.

These then are theoretically the folks "on our side"......

They seem to be overwhelmingly boomers too, much to my dismay 673. I fear history will not be judging me and my fellow age group favorably at all.

Anyways, if I was Pierre and I thought an election was a possibility and I knew that all of the legacy media was 110% against me and going to twist every single word I said, well here we sorta are, aren't we?

Yes I'd rather have him state like Mad Max does that he believes in citizens rights to all types of firearms ownership, but at this point, the media would turn that against him even more than they are now. The entire quagmire with the media and how they - well and the CCP apparently - are affecting our election outcomes is something we need to address.

The bright spot is that in a recent Munk Debate in downtown Toronto the audience was something like 72% in favor of the motion that legacy media's veracity could not be trusted. Now to be sure, you had to watch either True North or Rebel to see that little tidbit, but that's a downtown Toronto audience.

Anyways, just a few thoughts from the dark and frosty southlands this morning.

All the best to you all this week 673.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Fiscal conservatism is a full-time job and I won't give anyone a pass on it. MacKay should not have even tried to muddy the leadership waters. I won't help to cushion him against the consequences of his stupidity.
I am willing to allow a little bit of waffling, pre-election, because it may well be the only means to the end. After the election (with a positive result) I expect 100% delivery. Waste one damned nickel and I'm going to complain. Kiss one corporate buttock at my expense and I'm going to whine loudly. PP has to understand this. Saying one thing and doing another destroyed the old Conservative party and it could happen again. That happened because they underestimated western dissatisfaction and abandoned conservative values. One would hope Poilievre pays attention to history. GD

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 7 invisible), 1,554 guests, and 699 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,536
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.