Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Am on my second season with Swarovski NL Pure 10x32's. Really outstanding glass. I know they are expensive but this is a lifetime investment and I really doubt you will ever have cause to second guess your purchase.

The 32's are less bulky and lighter than my previous go-to glass which was Swarovski 10x42 SLC's and the optics are even better. You can spend hours behind them without fatigue ... try that with smaller or cheaper glass.

Aside from boots, I do not think there is a piece of equipment which is more critical to your hunting success than fine glass. You will be a more successful hunter pairing the best binoculars available with a mediocre rifle/scope than the other way around. Spend your money where it really counts.

Last edited by outahere; 12/30/22.
BP-B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I have a Zeiss Conquest 8x20, around 8oz. but can't see anything at dawn/dusk/heavy overcast conditions.

Which binocular do you backpack deep into a wilderness area with ?

The same thing I pack shallow into a wilderness--my 7x30 SLC's. Or 8x30 SLC's.

Although, after spending few hours over the course of two days looking through and comparing to some other alpha and semi-alpha binos the newish Zeiss 8x40 SFL's have my attention. 22 ozs. $1800 (or maybe less from Doug). Might be one of the biggest bang for the bino buck I've ran across in a very long time.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by outahere
Am on my second season with Swarovski NL Pure 10x32's. Really outstanding glass. I know they are expensive but this is a lifetime investment and I really doubt you will ever have cause to second guess your purchase.

The 32's are less bulky and lighter than my previous go-to glass which was Swarovski 10x42 SLC's and the optics are even better. You can spend hours behind them without fatigue ... try that with smaller or cheaper glass.

Aside from boots, I do not think there is a piece of equipment which is more critical to your hunting success than fine glass. You will be a more successful hunter pairing the best binoculars available with a mediocre rifle/scope than the other way around. Spend your money where it really counts.

I had a chance to spend only a few minutes with a 8x32 NL Pure. Great FOV, and the view is as good as I expected. But they are heavier and larger than the 32mm EL's they replace. I kinda' consider that a step back. I would like to be able to compare them to the Zeiss SFL's.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Alpinecrick

I agree with you on the weight / size increase going from the EL's to the NL's. I wish they had been able to hold the line and still give you the increase in FOV and optical clarity you get from the newer NL's but it was not (yet) to be.

Still the NL's are smaller and lighter than my older 10x42 SLC's and do offer appreciably better optics than the older / heavier glass at a fair weight and size savings. Dropping weight and bulk of my kit has become even more important to me with my second full knee replacement ... anything to keep out there.

I did borrow and hunt a pair of the smaller CL's but found they were not even remotely in the same league as the EL or NL glass. Not worth the trade-off to me.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Steiner NATO issue Commander II from 1988 re armoured x2 since due to a rough life. None finer

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Swarovski 8x30 CL is my Goldilocks Binos….

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I’m loving my x35 Retrovids. Compact, light and excellent optics.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GlacierJohn
I’m loving my x35 Retrovids. Compact, light and excellent optics.

John, guessing you meant 7x35’s?

I ordered a pair yesterday.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
787 members (163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 77 invisible), 3,196 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,708
Posts18,400,128
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.