Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Riflecrank
Originally Posted by shrapnel
The same production company that did our documentary, also produced “Mountain Men.”
The commonality of the mountain men was they all had a beard. That is the only real qualification for the series.

One look at Eustice and you will see all you need to to determine how phony that series is…

I call BS.
Meat-hunting team Martha Tansy and her pubertal daughter Elli are stars of Mountain Men and neither has a beard.

Seen the drapes?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rickt300
The same production company that did our documentary, also produced “Mountain Men.” The commonality of the mountain men was they all had a beard. That is the only real qualification for the series.

One look at Eustice and you will see all you need to to determine how phony that series is…

Eustace is an interesting character. North Carolina has it's share of hicks.

I've known Eustace Conway since well, as in 40 years or so, before Mountain Men. While he comes off as a pure hick, uneducated, backwards inept clown on the show, I can assure you he's anything but. Do a little research before you call someone a phony, you just might be surprised.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GaryLL1959
The same production company that did our documentary, also produced “Mountain Men.” The commonality of the mountain men was they all had a beard. That is the only real qualification for the series.

I've known Eustace Conway since well, as in 40 years or so, before Mountain Men. While he comes off as a pure hick, uneducated, backwards inept clown on the show, I can assure you he's anything but. Do a little research before you call someone a phony, you just might be surprised.

The comment was the series is phony. When they show him hauling logs up a steep embankment and trying to pull it out with a team of horses and you can see a road in the background, phony is exactly what it is.

Pay attention to what you are defending…

E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
For those who don't read:

PUMA/MOUNTAIN LION/COUGAR/PAINTER/CATAMOUNT are different names for the same animal.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ElkHtrNevada
For those who don't read:

PUMA/MOUNTAIN LION/COUGAR/PAINTER/CATAMOUNT are different names for the same animal.
A classic example of why using the scientific name has advantages sometimes Puma concolor grin

/John

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Martha annoys the piss out of me.

Jake, like Rich before him, bores me just treeing those cats and then calling the dogs off. Shoot them and I'll pay attention.

Tom is about the only one I still enjoy watching, and Eustace to a degree, because I know the area.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have never watched the show. Don't need made for TV drama, scripted BS.

Just do not see he entertainment value. frown

Last edited by CRS; 12/13/22.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is kinda funny how Tom is worried about making it back home alive, but the camera crew doesn’t seem too concerned…

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reading this thread for the first time is just plain entertaining. I know the show(s) discussed here, but I dont watch them. I know just enough to know what is being discussed.

I'm gonna repeat something that David La Dart, from the Swamp People show, told me, when I asked about some of the strange things they done. He said, "You gotta remember, this is for entertainment. What's call reality tv, ain't necessarily for real."

The characters also make me wonder. My dad was approached to do some show for tv. They didn't tell him what the name of the show was, but it was just after Swamp People came out. Anyway, he politely refused. The person asking him couldn't believe that someone wouldn't want to be on tv and started telling Dad that he (Dad) didn't understand, what an opportunity he was missing, etc. Dad told him he didn't want to put up with all their BS and to carry his ass. Dad wasn't on tv.

Hey, you gotta make a living, I understand that, but sometimes I wonder at what cost.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I met Mike Horstman a few years ago on Kodiak prior to a bear hunt. Nice man. He was getting ready for a bear hunter coming in: we shared the same hanger building for a night or 2. I noticed a rifle there and asked him about it. It was a rather beat-up winchester 71. I asked him about it: he said he loaded Barnes tsx, the weight I can't remember: I remember his saying "I've tried them all" as in bullets, but loved the Barnes. We didn't talk guns any more: he was busy, we'd never met and I didn't feel comfortable taking more of his time. As I recall, he, his guide and hunter was going to head out on a boat for their camp, not far from town I believe.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ruffedgrouse
I met Mike Horstman a few years ago on Kodiak prior to a bear hunt. Nice man. He was getting ready for a bear hunter coming in: we shared the same hanger building for a night or 2. I noticed a rifle there and asked him about it. It was a rather beat-up winchester 71. I asked him about it: he said he loaded Barnes tsx, the weight I can't remember: I remember his saying "I've tried them all" as in bullets, but loved the Barnes. We didn't talk guns any more: he was busy, we'd never met and I didn't feel comfortable taking more of his time. As I recall, he, his guide and hunter was going to head out on a boat for their camp, not far from town I believe.

That hanger building is my son’s and numerous hunters use it to store gear as they pass through.
I know Mike well and have been close friends with Marty ever since he moved to Alaska. Both guys are the real deal and serious hunters and shooters.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That’s good to hear. I’ve always liked watching Horstman and I’ve felt like he was the real deal. Hearing he’s the real deal from the real deal seals the deal for me. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Additional, Mike Horstman is always the organizer of the Kodiak gun show every year . He is as far gone as the rest of us

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
FAA Master pilot

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GaryLL1959

Eustace might be a real brainiac and the nicest guy in the world. IDK? But for me, being a born and raised North Carolinian I cringe every time I see him on that show.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ElkHtrNevada
The guide in Alaska was on chasing a Kodiak for himself.
His own rifle is a 375 H&H.
He noted clients often asked him what rifle to bring.
He said: " You can bring any rifle you want, as long as it's 375 H&H."

Love this crusty old timer.
His boat is to die for !

Mike typically suggests client bring up the same caliber of rifle he is carrying that season in the hopes they will leave unused ammo ☺️

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
FAA Master pilot

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
714 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 73 invisible), 2,692 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,683
Posts18,399,735
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.