Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
KB -- I have to agree with you. I do not see how any form of serious push back will come forward. Trudeau has divided urban / rural / racial groups and marginalized many. Gun owners are an easy target -- I would say the majority do not vote for Liberals so there no loss in picking on them as a form of taking attention away from other issues --- inflation, carbon tax, low employment, loss of investment, the list is long under this government. PP is focused on the gun issue now and the Liberals are getting a pass on others that affect many more people.

Hugh
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hi Hugh, I just sent you a PM.

KB

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I am amazed that none of the groups: CCFR, NFA or CSSA have made mention about the fact that sport shooters have been attacked from day one by this criminal govt. Are not the folks who use the AR-15 and similar guns for 3 Gun or Long Range competition not "sport shooters"? What about IPSC or Cowboy Action shooters? Those are all sports. Yet Numbnuts keeps droning on and on about not targeting them or hunters. Now, he has finally admitted they are after hunting arms too.
Hopefully gun owners of all types will now finally awaken to the threats being faced!
Jeff

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I sent an e-mail to the members of my deer hunting club asking them to write letters/e-mails to their MP and MPPs concerning Bill C-21 and amendments. I seriously doubt that more than one or two of the dozen will actually follow through and do this. Most gun owners are probably not comprehending the gravity of this bill and believe the legacy media that states the government isn’t after all guns.

I watched the video that Hugh posted of Trudeau explaining that he isn’t after all hunting guns and while I’m not a body language expert the erratic jerking movements of Trudeau while talking would lead me to believe he is a lying piece of sh*t.

Nick

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nick1899
I sent an e-mail to the members of my deer hunting club asking them to write letters/e-mails to their MP and MPPs concerning Bill C-21 and amendments. I seriously doubt that more than one or two of the dozen will actually follow through and do this. Most gun owners are probably not comprehending the gravity of this bill and believe the legacy media that states the government isn’t after all guns.

I watched the video that Hugh posted of Trudeau explaining that he isn’t after all hunting guns and while I’m not a body language expert the erratic jerking movements of Trudeau while talking would lead me to believe he is a lying piece of sh*t.

Nick
I have a friend who owns 5-6 handguns and a variety of rifles. He is going to inherit another 50 handguns and another assortment of rifles, I said to him....what have you done to oppose Trudeau's grabs?
Nothing.

We need everyone or at least the highest number possible of opposition to the Bill, but that go's for some of the other issue's we are faced with.

It is refreshing to see the support from top down to the grassroots, alot of good people working really hard on this thing and we shouldn't settle for anything less than the scrapping of the entire Bill.

The NDP needs to be stopped and not just voted down.
People need to understand that Trudeau only has 30% of the vote.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
troutfly;
Good morning to you Jeff, I see you all are about 10° colder than we are, so I hope the fire's lit and well stoked at your house and you're all well.

Since I've been a current member of the CCFR for years I get their feeds and emails. When Rod and Tracey did a submission to the committee and then a half hour press conference they did say that - that is that Socks and his Evil Minions have had a bone to pick with black rifles from the moment they got in.

Not that he's perfect, but Pierre Poilievre also said in a couple long form interviews - think the last time was Andrew Lawton on True North, but he also said in his Jordan Peterson interview that he'd scrap the firearm regulation setup and have a committee set up with industry, LEO, shooters and FN to make regulations that make sense.

I'd add that if anyone believes that Socks will be fine with you purchasing other firearms after he makes you turn in the ones you've safely had in your possession for decades, I've got some prime BC swamp land to sell you - on a flood plane....

Like my friend to the north of me 673, I'm somewhat hopeful when I see the grassroots support, but more is better and too much is just right.

Personally after the last few years, I'd like to see the Liberals reduced to 3rd party status - not the official opposition as in and see the NDP declare bankruptcy. And a big lump of frozen horse manure in their Christmas stocking because one can heat with coal so it'd be useful.

Merry Christmas to you all Jeff.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/22/22.

KB

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BC30cal
troutfly;
Good morning to you Jeff, I see you all are about 10° colder than we are, so I hope the fire's lit and well stoked at your house and you're all well.

Since I've been a current member of the CCFR for years I get their feeds and emails. When Rod and Tracey did a submission to the committee and then a half hour press conference they did say that - that is that Socks and his Evil Minions have had a bone to pick with black rifles from the moment they got in.

Not that he's perfect, but Pierre Poilievre also said in a couple long form interviews - think the last time was Andrew Lawton on True North, but he also said in his Jordan Peterson interview that he'd scrap the firearm regulation setup and have a committee set up with industry, LEO, shooters and FN to make regulations that make sense.

I'd add that if anyone believes that Socks will be fine with you purchasing other firearms after he makes you turn in the ones you've safely had in your possession for decades, I've got some prime BC swamp land to sell you - on a flood plane....

Like my friend to the north of me 673, I'm somewhat hopeful when I see the grassroots support, but more is better and too much is just right.

Personally after the last few years, I'd like to see the Liberals reduced to 3rd party status - not the official opposition as in and see the NDP declare bankruptcy. And a big lump of frozen horse manure in their Christmas stocking because one can heat with coal so it'd be useful.

Merry Christmas to you all Jeff.

Dwayne

Good evening Dwayne,

We are cold here for sure. Currently -27 plus a breeze. Doing our best to survive till the Chinook arrives sometime Christmas Eve, apparently accompanied by a large Winter storm, heavy snow North of me and snow/rain/freezing rain in my neck of the Prairie. All are well fed and healthy at least.

Rod and Tracey have been doing a bang-up job of keeping on top of the entire issue, hammering Socks and the Evil Minions relentlessly with facts. Love it!
Pierre is also doing a heck of a good job tacking the .gov to task. He will make a great Prime Minister.
I have been telling folks for years that the day was coming when the Liberals would come for everything we own. I wish more had listened!

It will be a happy day indeed when the Libs are reduced to 3rd party and the NDP destroyed. I do not envy the Conservatives when they have to come up with a plan to rebuild Canada while keeping everyone happy. I believe it can and will be done but it will be a monumental task for sure.

All the best to you and your family Dwayne.
Merry Christmas,
Jeff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I want to see the list of guns he dictates we use, will there be a limit you can own? He's just making this [bleep] up as he goes.

The fact a man like this got to be prime minister is reflective of the decadence and corruption of the entire gov't establishment and compliant sycophant major media networks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Western separation is looking glorious, right about now.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Western separation is looking glorious, right about now.

AMEN!

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/22/22.

KB

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
"Western separation"? Alberta and Saskatchewan? BC votes NDP and Lib! Trudeau would come down with the War Measures Act once again! The REAL problem for ALL of Canada is urban society - the big cities that are getting bigger. These are the centers of murders, rapes, shootings, corruption, etc! It's Biblical - like Sodom & Gomorrah... like Jesus said it would become "In the last days"! And our PM's come from that milieu... that's not going to get better! Changing gun laws - or removing them isn't going to improve the human condition - Only Christ can do that! And gun "lovers" are no better than gun "haters" in that regard as there is as much rejection of God and his word among one group as the other!

I don't "like" the trends I see in the world, let alone Canada, but getting rid of Trudeau and his minnions will NOT bring a spiritual awakening to Canadians. There was such in Western Canada in the late '60s and early '70's, but what happened after that?

I don't like threats from the Government to steal my firearms more that anyone in the West of our nation, but guns isn't my god... GOD IS! And until we all repent and turn to Him in true faith, matters will not improve in any nation... including ours! After all, why are we living, for what reason? We, as individuals, will give an account to the only ONE that matters (Ecclesiastes 12: 9 - 14). Get to know what's in our Bibles, and its Author, for guns will not save us in that day that is fast approaching!

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CZ550
"Western separation"? Alberta and Saskatchewan? BC votes NDP and Lib!

Only a small chunk on the coast. It would make a nice gift to Wa state.

When it comes to Western separation, Ontarians often don’t get it, and that’s okay.

Trudeau would come down with the War Measures Act once again!

That would not end well for him.

The REAL problem for ALL of Canada is urban society - the big cities that are getting bigger. These are the centers of murders, rapes, shootings, corruption, etc!
Disagree. Calgary used to be the biggest small town you could imagine. The real problem is that society is turning its back on God.

It's Biblical - like Sodom & Gomorrah... like Jesus said it would become "In the last days"! And our PM's come from that milieu... that's not going to get better! Changing gun laws - or removing them isn't going to improve the human condition - Only Christ can do that!

True!

And gun "lovers" are no better than gun "haters" in that regard as there is as much rejection of God and his word among one group as the other!

Disagree. Gun owners are overwhelmingly conservative, and christians are also overwhelmingly conservative. There’s a strong correlation between gun ownership and christianity.

I don't "like" the trends I see in the world, let alone Canada, but getting rid of Trudeau and his minnions will NOT bring a spiritual awakening to Canadians. There was such in Western Canada in the late '60s and early '70's, but what happened after that?

I don't like threats from the Government to steal my firearms more that anyone in the West of our nation, but guns isn't my god... GOD IS!

Absolutely, but God has given us freedom and the right to defend that freedom. Guns are just the tool of the trade.

And until we all repent and turn to Him in true faith, matters will not improve in any nation... including ours! After all, why are we living, for what reason? We, as individuals, will give an account to the only ONE that matters (Ecclesiastes 12: 9 - 14). Get to know what's in our Bibles, and its Author, for guns will not save us in that day that is fast approaching!

Bob
www.bigbores.ca
Very true!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Hi Jordan, you' re up early!

No offence intended, but an historical correlation between democracies and "godliness" has been short-lived. And democracies that have permitted gun ownership for citizens is a relatively "new thing". And while democracies, under God, has been better than autocracies without Him, democracies without Him is like the Book of Judges in the Bible, last verse: "In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as THEY saw fit. "-NIV, or KJV -"Everyone did what was RIGHT in his OWN EYES." (Emphasis mine). God never set up democracies, though He permitted it, and permits it until it runs amuck- just like in Israel ruled by the political establishment. A Theocracy was His way until "they" wanted a king - and God was offended, for He said "They have rejected me as their King"! It's no different today, regardless of politics. PP isn't going to change that even though he's from Calgary! And that's my sole point!

While I like him better than the Libs and NDPs offerings, he doesn't appear to have much time for God either! At least the hours I've given him on the Net, nothing has come out of his mouth to indicate that. Harper wasn't ashamed to be identified as a born-again Christian, and Preston more so, and I voted for each.

But to talk politics and guns, our present haven is the sovereignty of God and what He permits, and He uses people as the ultimate means. But I reject the notion of the Bible and guns having some kind of symbolic relationship, or for that matter: Christian and guns... Jesus to Peter: "put away your sword!" Yet he still had a sword - and Christ didn't say: "Give it to the guards"!

American Christian culture in the South has been, and IS very twisted! Bob Jones (evangelist) University refusing black students until forced by government to do so! And so on...

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

Last edited by CZ550; 12/23/22.

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hi Jordan, you' re up early!

No offence intended, but an historical correlation between democracies and "godliness" has been short-lived. And democracies that have permitted gun ownership for citizens is a relatively "new thing". And while democracies, under God, has been better than autocracies without Him, democracies without Him is like the Book of Judges in the Bible, last verse: "In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as THEY saw fit. "-NIV, or KJV -"Everyone did what was RIGHT in his OWN EYES." (Emphasis mine). God never set up democracies, though He permitted it, and permits it until it runs amuck- just like in Israel ruled by the political establishment. A Theocracy was His way until "they" wanted a king - and God was offended, for He said "They have rejected me as their King"! It's no different today, regardless of politics. PP isn't going to change that even though he's from Calgary! And that's my sole point!

While I like him better than the Libs and NDPs offerings, he doesn't appear to have much time for God either! At least the hours I've given him on the Net, nothing has come out of his mouth to indicate that. Harper wasn't ashamed to be identified as a born-again Christian, and Preston more so, and I voted for each.

But to talk politics and guns, our present haven is the sovereignty of God and what He permits, and He uses people as the ultimate means. But I reject the notion of the Bible and guns having some kind of symbolic relationship, or for that matter: Christian and guns... Jesus to Peter: "put away your sword!" Yet he still had a sword - and Christ didn't say: "Give it to the guards"!

American Christian culture in the South has been, and IS very twisted! Bob Jones (evangelist) University refusing black students until forced by government to do so! And so on...

Bob
www.bigbores.ca
A puzzling post.
I don't think there is alot of disagreement with what you say generally, pretty sure an already overwhelming Christian gun owning community has already identified what the problem is.

What is the strategy you suggest for an already Christian gun owning culture at large?

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never paid much attention to this gentleman, should have, but I also have been wondering where the Christians are?.
A short video, pay attention around the 8:00min of the video.

https://rumble.com/v21rm6m-where-are-all-the-christians-in-the-fight-for-freedom-in-canada.html

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hi Bob, I appreciate your comments, and have a Question for you?

For the Record, I am not a Theologian. The Good book that I personally refer to is the Book of Mormon, Jesus is my Lord and savior.

Your comment: "And democracies that have permitted gun ownership for citizens is a relatively new thing"

What do you consider a “New Thing?

My understanding is that God has no issues with any type of weapon to feed yourself and your family. Also I do not know of any passage that states that are not permitted to protect yourself against enemies that are trying to irradicate you.

The real problem as I see it, which is similar to your view is that Canada is turning it's back on God and Christianity and a Nation that turns it's back on God and Christianity, is a "Ruined Nation".

Anyway, wishing you a Merry Christmas and a great New Year.

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
I never paid much attention to this gentleman, should have, but I also have been wondering where the Christians are?.
A short video, pay attention around the 8:00min of the video.

https://rumble.com/v21rm6m-where-are-all-the-christians-in-the-fight-for-freedom-in-canada.html

673:
Good morning my friend, I see by the light on that you've survived one more night of cold - as we have too apparently - I trust you and your fine family are healthy as well.

Thanks for that video, I appreciate it and honestly I have to think about what was said more before I formulate any coherent response.

I was tracking both Pastor Artur and Pastor James Coates in Edmonton who were both jailed during the lockdowns, in part through family who are ordained ministers, so it was hitting close to home let us say.

As we've chatted about, I still find it puzzling and not a little bit concerning that the supposed right leaning folks in Alberta allowed some of the fines and arrests like those and the kids playing hockey in an outdoor rink, etc. Here in the admittedly left of left land of BC we didn't go to those extremes - again puzzling.

If I'm remembering right, I've mentioned that I grew up attending a pacifistic church, not Mennonite but definitely pacifistic. When I'd discuss it with my late Father, he'd say for instance when Christ admonishes the disciples in the last supper to sell their cloak and buy a sword, that Christ was referring to the sword meaning the written word of God in that instance.

When I asked how Peter chopped the servant's ear off with a scroll, that was only one instance to glorify God and an anomaly.

So help me 673, I did not view it that way and remain that way.

When I read that two of the inner circle of disciples were packing swords - so today it would be a sidearm - a Glock no doubt - my conclusion is that Jesus not only knew about it but accepted it. They lived and traveled in an area of the world where as you put it once, everyone was conversant in the language of violence.

When Christ said to Peter to put the sword away, in that instance it was a specific instruction to allow God's plan to take place. For sure He said " “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword." - but and this is my thought alone - we're all going to die somehow and in some way. Christ does not say if we die by the sword it in any way affects our eternal soul that I can see.

The other incident which leads me to believe that is Jesus' interaction with the Centurion. Especially Luke's writing of the story is interesting, as Luke was writing to Gentiles as well and it's telling - to me - that Christ didn't say, "Well you know you're a pretty bad fellow who leads a violent life. If you stop being a Centurion I could heal your servant, but as it stands you're not worthy"...

Again that's not what happened at all is it? I'll let anyone who is interested in some recreational reading to look up how one became a Centurion in the Roman Army, especially on the Judean frontier which was the wild west so to speak.

Anyways, that's where I'm at this morning regarding some of the stuff we're discussing. Like most things in life too, I could well be dead wrong about this too, but I will say I've given a lot of soul searching, prayer and reading to get to where I'm at. Again, that doesn't mean I'm right, for sure I've got family who remain pacifists and do not share my beliefs in this matter.

Merry Christmas to you all and all the best in the New Year.

Dwayne

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The notion that we are not to defend ourselves/family is a retarded one.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Morning again my friend, we're seeing the temperature rise a little bit down here and I hope it is up there too?

The idea of not defending ourselves, when explained to me by folks who believe that way, is sort of tied to martyrdom.

As I understand it, martyrs for the faith are highly esteemed and if we defend ourselves or others we're possibly preventing martyrdom for them and interfering with the sovereign will of God and/or God to provide a miraculous means of saving them from their deaths.

When I have been presented with that argument, my question has become, "How do you know God is not using me as the vessel to save someone?"

Anyways my friend, that's not much of an explanation, but perhaps the beginnings of one.

Again Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year to you all.

Dwayne

Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
634 members (12344mag, 257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 70 invisible), 2,928 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,666
Posts18,399,357
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.