Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
If you saw the degree of oxidation on this shot you might whistle a different tune. Mind boggling it is.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I remember loading paper shells in a 1 at a time Lee loader. Paper shells, felt wads and a dipper.
Slow but worked.
Fast forward till today to my RCBS Grand that cranks out a box in a few minutes.
Sadly eye issues have limited my shotgun shooting so the Grand will be sold in my spring moving auction.

As an aside, that powder makes good fertilizer.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
So, Iā€™m burning the remains of an oak tree, and disposing of case heads w/ primers that could not be salvaged. Can you say ā€œ SNAP, CRACKLE AND POP!ā€ Really loud?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ok, I just said that. Did it help you at all? grin

Anecdotal story which has nothing (or very little) to do with this thread: A friend of mine actually has a pyrotechnics license (it's a local thing) and he spends many thousands of bucks each year on his personal backyard July 4 fireworks displays. His license gains him entry into a huge warehouse in Virginia that caters to the professionals. I was his chief assistant for many years, mainly because I shared a pyromaniacal lust for things that go "boom" (and I smoke cigars which are handy for lighting fuses)! A few years ago, for the annual bacchaniacal festivities, we loaded something over 10,000 Black Cat firecrackers on a hay wagon (as a prelude to the mortars and rockets we discharged over suburban Maryland), with a loooooooooong fuse, and I poured over that pile of fire crackers a gallon paint can full of smokeless powder I had salvaged from unknown reloads and other sundry suspicious ammo over the years. When the fuse burned down and that pile of flammables ignited the stuff ignited into a long loud continuous roar - rather like a jet taking off - and the fountain of flame burned hot pink 20 feet in the air. America!!!!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Wish I had been there, 'sounds' spectacular!

DD

I am..........disturbed.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Gee, I guess I got dropped off by aliens but I been loading shotshells on a mec 600 Jr's since 1967. It's as natural an act as eating , drinking and pissing. Don't know why I'd quit shotgunning or loading shells till I croak...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Lots to be said for the old 600 Jr. Back when I was shooting a crazy amount of trap/skeet/clays (which coincided with cheap shot prices) I did "The Mec Shuffle" every Wednesday night to build the ammo I would fritter away every Saturday and Sunday. That got old after a while and I snagged an old but serviceable Ponsness-Warren which made life easier. When I quit the craziness (due mainly to developing scoliosis in my back/neck, exacerbated no doubt by the slinging of a few tons of shot into the air) I sold the P-W but kept the 600 Jr. for the odd shotshell chore such as a box or two of duck/goose loads now and then.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
W-W intro'd the Mark X "high brass" compression plastic hull in the very early 60's, some say as early as 58-59, and they were initially loaded with fiber wads and a plastic sleeve. ...
A cavil: The Remington SP steel-and-plastic shotshell hull, and two types of Winchester plastic hulls (compression formed and "poly formed") were introduced in 1964.
--Bob

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (11point, 2500HD, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 69 invisible), 2,837 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,644
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.