Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Been fun hitting the water again after hunting and trapping season. A few kings around around. Love eating the cold water kings. Crazy amounts of fat.

Going to commercial troll a lot this winter. Been fun being outside so much this year.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Fat kings. Food for kings.
Be gentle with me...dumb question...do you pull your boat out daily in winter or do you moor it? So if you moor it...what happens if it is pretty cold in the morning and you crank it over, does ice damage the raw water pump impeller? If you pull the boat at night, do you dry crank it to clear the impeller. I know they supposedly are self draining and normal salinity water doesn't freeze much until it drops to 28 or so.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Fat kings. Food for kings.
Be gentle with me...dumb question...do you pull your boat out daily in winter or do you moor it? So if you moor it...what happens if it is pretty cold in the morning and you crank it over, does ice damage the raw water pump impeller? If you pull the boat at night, do you dry crank it to clear the impeller. I know they supposedly are self draining and normal salinity water doesn't freeze much until it drops to 28 or so.

I keep it in the harbor. I keep engines in the water which is always above freezing. Never had had impeller issues. I am lower SE ak. Usually it’s above freezing

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Heck yeah!!! This makes me a little more motivated to try and get out and maybe get one. Not too many cruising around here though, you are in a way better area Joel! Nice work! Flasher/bait?

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
11" flasher and either a skinny g or hoochie. I feel like I could have done better with smaller stuff like coho killers or wee g's. Everything they are eating right now is small. trap shack for the skinny g and 039r hoochie.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated! I think I have some of those

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad to see you're getting out and getting on the fish, im super jealous..

Still running that purple dank?

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Purple drank has been slow. Need to give it a try this year.

The purple nurple was hot a few years ago though. Green lantern has been killing it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I fished out of Homer a couple weeks ago. The hot lure of the day ended up being a blue tipped rainbow spinner. I never would have tried that on that day but glad thecaptain is way smarter than me.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Very nice! Great pictures.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Very nice. It appears you have a very capable deck hand too!

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
Glad to see you're getting out and getting on the fish, im super jealous..

Indeed.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Nice!

Winter doldrums here so I’ve been tying leaders, dipping jig heads and mooching weights and putting up a hundred or so more hoochies ….. tying up some Mylar skirts too since I’m bored. Head to the tackle shop now….😀

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Hoping to get the new boat in the water in the next 2 weeks

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C

Pretty nice one this morning right in front of town. Giving the kids crap because none of them wanted to go.

Been steady king fishing this winter/spring. 1-2 a trip usually. Nice to have the boat in the harbor a 1 minute drive away from the house.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Black lips for the win! Love those Kings!

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Nice!

Winter doldrums here so I’ve been tying leaders, dipping jig heads and mooching weights and putting up a hundred or so more hoochies ….. tying up some Mylar skirts too since I’m bored. Head to the tackle shop now….😀

Man, I need to get to work. I usually do this stuff while watching March Madness game. No cable TV any more.

Hey Calvin, hang a picture of on O3R hootchy. Charlie White talked a bit about this one. I think it's green. Used to buy all my hootchies from Tyee Tackle in BC, but they folded.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Black lips for the win! Love those Kings!

They are known in some locales as Blackmouths . . .

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Would not know Kings are gone here in SC AK so forgot what to call them!!!!

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Nice!

Man, I need to get to work. I usually do this stuff while watching March Madness game. No cable TV any more.

Hey Calvin, hang a picture of on O3R hootchy. Charlie White talked a bit about this one. I think it's green. Used to buy all my hootchies from Tyee Tackle in BC, but they folded.

O39r?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 2,259 guests, and 775 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,662
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.