Hop To
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Make it a good one guys...

Hope 2023 is a better year for you all....

Maybe Joe will follow Barbara Walters and kick the bucket, and Kamala Harris will get impeached over election fraud...

and the Speaker of the House, as the next in line would be a Republican... even if it is Kevin McCarthy....which is better than Mitch the B Itch.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

BP-B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Come on '23!!

'22 sucked, big time. Started off with cataract surgeries, followed two weeks later with total knee replacement then a few weeks later by a heart attack, followed by a double bypass, followed a few weeks later by a total physical collapse (couldn't stand or walk temp of 103 deg) that put me in the hospital for a bit---issues cleared up without any determination as to cause, and then a couple of weeks later the chink flu.
But I'm much better now--- thank God.

So, yeah, I'm ready for a new year!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Well, John - it's a new year. I'll see what I break or otherwise screw up in this new one!
Can't wait!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
New Years is sort of fake, it should be about a week earlier on the winter solstice. The Pagans had it right but then the Christians had to take it over.

Weren’t the Egyptian New Year in August when the Dog Star appeared in the morning sky? And I recall reading that for the Iroquois the New Year was marked by the Pleiades being directly overhead around midnight (around midnight ‘cause nobody had a watch).

Anyhoo..... best wishes to everyone this calendar year 😎

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
In case y'all haven't noticed...

Conditions have been getting considerably WORSE year to year.

Starting with Covid in 2020, and aggravated by the election in that same year...

If the progression holds true 2023 ought to be a doozy. eek

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Seafire: The year 2,022 was good for me in so many ways - I had a great week fly fishing all over Montana with my visiting German friend (first time he has been able to travel from Germany in a few years).
I added MANY cool Rifles and pistols to my collection during the year.
I had a wonderful week long trip to Yakutat, Alaska for river and ocean fishing - what a beautiful (but wet!) place that is.
I got in way more than my share of Colony Varmint Hunting in the 2,022 season.
Finally got drawn for an Antelope tag (after a two year drought) in my home region and harvested a dandy wide mature Buck Antelope this fall.
Found a few "new" (to me!) roads in Montana to drive and view wildlife from.
The VarmintWife and I took three "mini-vacations" to different hot-spring resorts in western Montana (these are very relaxing).
Hosted most all of my family (in from the west coast) for a week in April - it was great to see them all here in Montana.
But, dealing with the horrors of liberalism in the way of incredible inflation, outrageous gas prices, illegal immigration, the national debt spiraling out of control, demonrats running amok and trying to destroy EVERY bastion of traditional America and American values certainly cast a pall over the whole friggin year.
Yes the evil pall of china joe biden and his whores administration and the lawlessness and criminality they have, and are, foisting upon our once great country certainly dampened my enjoyment of life A LOT during 2,022!
Last day of the year here in SW Montana woke up to 2" of new snow, bright sun and 8 Mule Deer in my front yard (one cool 3x3 Buck) - they are all fat and sassy with nary a rib showing on any of them.
Good news this, as we have been enduring record cold temperatures and snow on the ground longer than I have ever seen it in my 25 years here!
Yeah it would be great if the horrors of liberalism would "disappear" from America but sadly I am certain that will NOT be happening in 2,023.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here

Soggy SOB all weekend

Feels like the PNW

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Happy New Year

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yep. Sitting here sipping a martini, fiddling with a recently acquired Dan Wesson 1911 45 ACP watching a local show on food and fun in the Texas Hill Country. A Papa Murphy's pizza awaits the oven. Lazy day...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We've got all next year to complain.

Cheers![Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
January 1st coming up and I still have 40% left in my propane tank.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
January 1st coming up and I still have 40% left in my propane tank.
I think winter is almost over.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, I think 2023 is gonna be worse but I'm hoping for the best.
Happy new years everyone

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
718 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 3,125 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,745
Posts18,401,279
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.