Campfire Regular
S
Surefire7 - sounds like a great hunt and great rifle calibers. smile

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I would love to return to Africa after three previous trips. It becomes an obsession as “The Dark Continent” gets into your blood. But, there are other trips to consider. Therefore, come July 1, we will land in Maui for a week with two days hunting for Axis deer.
Make no mistake about it. I would so enjoy another trip to Africa. But I have promised my bride of nearly 52 years other trips to enjoy. So, for those that have not been to Africa I say go for it. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Southwest Tanzania in august for me. It’s been 9 years since I went to Zim. I guess this is a 40th birthday present to myself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
May I ask who you are hunting in Sonora with? On my bucket list.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Wife and I are headed to South Africa may 12 for 3 weeks. We will be hunting with Dinkwe safaris

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Surefire7, let me know if you need 404 Jeffery Ammo. I have some for sale and know it's been scarce.

I focus on unique and often hard to find brass
Email: [email protected]; [email protected]
Phone (call/text): (910) 803-1726
GB Listings: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=1200385
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Namibia
SA
Mozambique
Will be culling Buffalo
Have max points in AZ so maybe sheep hunt
Alaska for Dall’s if I get lucky

Last edited by RinB; 01/18/23.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Closest I get to anything African, is when occasionally I go down south into CA and have to pass thru Oakland...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by castnblast
I'm hunting in Zimbabwe in the first week of March, doing a little tour of Victoria falls with my wife first and then on to some game viewing in Hwange National park. After that we will hunt an elephant bull just South of Hwange in a forest reserve where the elephants are overpopulated, damaging the valuable teak trees and are not very welcome by the farmers around there either. My first elephant hunt, so I booked the best, Buzz Charlton. It should be an adventure!

Fortunate to have found a large bull near Hwange some years ago. They are very much like the large old Botswana bulls. You should have a great safari.

Since the import ban on eles, I’ve been focusing on tuskless. Will be back to Zim in July after a couple more. Getting into the herds always keeps it interesting.

Unless the M-70 460 G&A is ready in time, it’ll be the 404 Jeffery again. Happy with either.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Deer and hogs in both Alabama and Arkansas, elk in New Mexico, pheasant in Kansas.

IC B3

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
well I am 89 days away from the East Cape with Intaba Safaris for 10 days, going after Kudu, Sable and a Cow Buff, second trip will be a lot of fun

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Griz, black bear & moose in the Talkeetna Mts

Would love to hunt Africa but won't spend a penny there until I can bring all the meat home for consumption ....

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Eastern Cape of Africa April 22- may3rd then may 14-22 in Saskatchewan for bear with the recurve and then finish in Kansas for an archery rut hunt in nov! Busy year!

Roy

C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
I have a great outfitter in South Africa if anybody has been looking. My wife and I hunted with him this past summer and we had an absolute blast.

Planning to host a small raffle for a hunt package with him soon. 4 days/5 Nights for 2 hunters with a choice of packages. 1) Nyala or Waterbuck AND Impala or Blesbuck or 2) Warthog or Babboon AND Impala or Blesbuck AND Zebra or Blue Wildebeest to be split between the two hunters.

Thinking 1-in-300 chance @ $50 each. Includes just about everything including roundtrip airfare from major US airports to and from South Africa through United Airlines, taxidermy prep and shipment back to the states, pickup/dropoff at Polokwane Airport, Hunting Guides, Gun Rental if needed (we took bows), Lodging and Accommodations, Laundry Service and Beer (in moderation). Additional animals would be encouraged but at your own expense as well as final taxidermy once in the states and cash tips to the lodge staff (highly encouraged)

Can PM me if interested in more details. Just trying to gauge interest before I set it up.

Last edited by Chance615; 01/21/23. Reason: update

Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member Safari Club International
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
"Saskatchewan for bear with the recurve" RTJS that is awesome smile

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Singleshot03
"Saskatchewan for bear with the recurve" RTJS that is awesome smile
This will be the 3rd one hopefully. Did it in 2020 with a longbow out of a lockon at 7yards and last year in Sask with my recurve from the ground(no blind). Got it all on video as well at a whopping 7 yards. Let me tell ya that is very very intense! Wish I knew how to put the pics and video on here.

Roy

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by muygrande1
May I ask who you are hunting in Sonora with? On my bucket list.

We hunted on Isla Tiburon, with Sonora Desert Trophy Outfitters. Our group of 4 shot three bucks. I didn’t shoot anything but am going back next year. Tiburon is a neat place with some interesting deer.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by CAelknuts
Originally Posted by surefire7
Zambia for Bangweulu Black Lechwe & Tsesseebe, then Luangwa Valley for Buffalo & Cookson’s Wildebeest. 404 Jeffery & 338-06.

You’ve got a nice deal going with Andrew, seems like you’ve had a good run together.

Wow, I can’t believe I haven’t returned to this thread in this long time.

Yes, CAelknuts, I have had a good relationship with Andrew. He’s a great PH, and this will be my 6th safari with him. We have hunted a bit of Zambia together, and I hope to hunt/see more with him.

I also have my eye on a return to South Africa in the Drakensburg Mountains, and then on to Mozambique and Uganda. But first, I return to hunt the Luangwa Valley again with Andrew this summer.

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Just returned from Cameroon, got Lord Derby, buffalo, Roan……
Was an awesome hunt/experience

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
congrats Eyedoc, a lot of wonderful trophies. Who did you hunt with?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 75 invisible), 3,052 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,259
Posts18,467,093
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.