Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I quit smoking as of 5 minutes from now, officially.

I had quit on New Years Eve 1998, but somehow fell back into the habit. The wife busted me last summer and was not happy and I told her I'd quit on my own terms if she'd just leave me the f*** alone for a while. I got pestered a few times about quitting since that day and told her to leave me alone on it. I haven't announced the quit yet, but I will tomorrow morning.

Sure hope I can hold to my promises to myself. I wanna live.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good on you, and Happy New Year!

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Stand firm, my friend. Consider this day a new beginning.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You can do it!

You’ll be much happier when you do. Good luck. 👍🏼

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Its hard to do. I wish you luck.

lightman
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider

I had quit on New Years Eve 1998, but somehow fell back into the habit. The wife busted me last summer and was not happy and I told her I'd quit on my own terms if she'd just leave me the f*** alone for a while. I got pestered a few times about quitting since that day and told her to leave me alone on it. I haven't announced the quit yet, but I will tomorrow morning.

stop and analyze just what good that expensive habit does you. i smoked for 40 years. quit by substituting chew. that was harder than stopping smoking to quit by far!
today my heart is paying me back for that bs. please for your own sake stop. and then demand the rewards from the wife for doing so!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Tough deal for some and nothing for others. Have a son who is severely hooked such that he will do a 2:00 AM run to the quick stop to get a pack if he's out. With his hacking and coughing all day long, I don't see him getting past his 50's.

Good luck and get-er done.

Smoked a bit as a kid but spent near year working as a butcher after exiting high school. One was too busy using both hands, and there just wasn't time to light up. Never started up again. That was when a pack was about a quarter. Now it's 6 or $7.

Just a humorous follow up. When we first encountered one of Cookie's photography buddies his wife relayed that she'd let him get into the hobby if he'd just quit smoking. It came to pass and there was probably $30k in top end gear in the rig's back seat. I offered, with her full agreement, that it would have been cheaper to just let him die.

Last edited by 1minute; 12/31/22.

1Minute
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Best thing I ever did. I smoked for 16 years, one day I decided to quit. Haven’t held a cigarette in my hand since that day. Honestly the hardest part of quitting for me was the ritual. Have coffee and smoke. Drive and smoke. Eat and smoke. Drink and smoke. Once I got past all the times I was used to smoking, it was over. I had stopped.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You can do it, I quit a 3 pack a day habit 26 yrs ago.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good luck Riverrider! Hope you d well from here on out.

LOL
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Summer 1999- - - - -I took half a pack of Winston Lights out of my pocket and put them in the console of the car I was driving before walking into an emergency room while having a heart attack. An hours later I had the first of two stents installed in my heart. The car is parked out in the north pasture now, and the smokes are still there. If I ever need one again, I know right where to look.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The single most impactful thing you can do for your health and longevity is to quit smoking.

Good on you.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

As soon as you feel the urge coming on suck on a peppermint. Worked for me 15-20yrs ago when I quit smoking. Helped me 9 years ago when I quit dipping. My dumb ass started again 5 years ago. As of three weeks ago I quit again..... And yep, peppermint is my crutch. Hasn't been too bad really. But I'm stubborn, one I decide to do something I stick to it.

Good luck to you Sir 👍🏻

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Good luck, it will take commitment. My mom smoked for 50 years and when she decided to quit she took commit lozenges, I’m not sure they are still available but there is always something out there to help you quit but it takes some power on your part. Buddy of mine when he retired he was going to quit smoking, every time he got an urge to smoke he picked up the 22 and went squirrel hunting, he killed a bunch of squirrels that year but he quit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You got this, RR!

Just don’t take up chewing as a substitute.

Chew addiction is an absolute beast to stop.

Spit.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
whenever you get the urge to grab a pack, make a detour to the nearest ammo shop and buy some more of that instead.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

How many years have you smoked?

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I have a good friend who is 61 years old and used to brag- joke that he has been smoking since he was ten years old, he is now facing stage 4 lung cancer a 2 tumors on his brain. About 30 years ago he successfully quit, using hypnosis and acupuncture, but ended up starting again. He’s out joking about it any more.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Best of luck,your family will thank you.
Think of the money savings

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hang in there!

11 years quit.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 1minute, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,905 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,576
Posts18,453,975
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.